PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER]DO YOU SEE SEYMOUR IN FFX2???[/SPOILER]

Migoto-Megami
04-17-2005, 04:31 AM
DO YOU??

Cybele
04-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Yes. You see him in a sphere which I think you can get from Tromell in Guado Salam if you saved the Guado from the Ronso. I think that's about it though.

Migoto-Megami
04-17-2005, 04:49 AM
No, Im talking SEE see, look at this!
http://www.finalfantasydream.it/ff10-2/seymour.jpg

Cybele
04-17-2005, 04:55 AM
No, Im talking SEE see, look at this!

I dunno when that happens. I would imagine that you battle him in the Via Infinito in Bevelle, but I haven't gotten that far down in the Via Infinito yet. I'm still on Yunalesca. Those characters also look pretty weak and that's a Japanese screen shot, so it's possible he isn't in the other versions of the game. It's also possible that someone just edited a picture from FFX-2 and put the FFX version of Seymour in it.

My name is...something..?
04-17-2005, 06:03 AM
It's fake, unless I just totally lost my mind and lost my memories, it never happens in the game, you only see him in a sphere. It's been a while so maybe I'm wrong.

negareboshi
04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
if someone did edit the pic, they did a pretty good job. he's certainly NOT in the via infinito tho. and if you take a look at the characters' hp/mp, it's pretty low, so it must be sometime in the very beginning of the game.. i'm pretty sure i have been through the game enough so i couldn't have missed it. its a fake. you do see seymour in a sphere, as Starry Relm said, and you also see him as a kid, crying when you're in zanarkand in ch 1, but he's like surrounded by pyreflies n all... hes not really in ffx-2.

disapointedchild
04-17-2005, 07:37 AM
So, have we officially established this as a phony, or what.

ffrinoa8
04-17-2005, 07:55 AM
wow! guess i have work to do! :tongue: :D

Mookies
04-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Migoto-Megami where did you get that screen shot? :)

xXTidusXxX2YunaX2
04-17-2005, 03:40 PM
can you give us the location of which you found the screen shot. i think i could be able to establish if it is a phony or not.. it depends on the site.

Squall of SeeD
04-17-2005, 07:13 PM
That picture is perfectly authentic. It's from Final Fantasy X-2: International+Last Mission, which was only released in Japan. One could battle Seymour, Auron, Tidus, and a new boss called "Emerald Weapon" in that game.

KuRt
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Even an idiot could tell that a fake.

Come on, in ffx-2, if there would be a seymour battle, i guess you wouldn´t have that low hp that whn you have 134 hp, the hp aint yellow and better yet, the chars are still crouching like they had their hp on yellow.

understood?!?!

Xalioniaf
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Even an idiot could tell that a fake.

Come on, in ffx-2, if there would be a seymour battle, i guess you wouldn´t have that low hp that whn you have 134 hp, the hp aint yellow and better yet, the chars are still crouching like they had their hp on yellow.

understood?!?!
Didn't you just hear him? He said it's from the International+Last Mission version. So, it is authentic, except you have to have a modded/imported PS2 to see him.

Cuchulainn
04-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Is there any way you can get Last Mission in Europe? It'd might be interesting.
Regards to Via Infinito, the closest you get to Seymour, I think, is fighting his father Lord Jyscal

Destai
04-18-2005, 01:16 AM
Is there any way you can get Last Mission in Europe? It'd might be interesting.
Regards to Via Infinito, the closest you get to Seymour, I think, is fighting his father Lord JyscalYou could get the proper mod chip in your PS2, Have a costly time hunting the game down on ebay and learn japanese but besides that theres not much that can be done.

Squall of SeeD
04-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah, as Destai said, even if one goes to the trouble and expense of acquiring the game and modding their PS2, it won't do you much good unless you can read Japanese. Also, modding your PS2 kills your warranty if it's still in effect. If you can read Japanese, however, go for it.

UltimateSpamGrover
04-18-2005, 06:45 AM
FFx2 International?

Squall of SeeD
04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
FFx2 International?

The full title is Final Fantasy X-2: International+Last Mission. It was only released in Japan, and -- like all previous International Versions of Square-Enix's games -- it contains extras not in the original versions (which North America would have received).

Destai
04-18-2005, 04:45 PM
The way it normally works is, The first version of *insert random game* (KH, FFVII, FFX, FFX-2 etc.) is released in japan. Following that it will be released in Europe and North America with added scenes, extra boss etc. Then a while after that its rereleased in japan. The rerelease contains the American and Eu scenes and bosses along with some new scenes and bosses America and Eu will never got a hold of. Not really a bad deal but not exactly a great one.

Migoto-Megami
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Migoto-Megami where did you get that screen shot? :)
I typed on google images "Yuna Seymour" because I wanted a pic from their ffx wedding and i saw that

OMG YES! ALL U HAV 2 DO IS EQP YNUA WHIT MASMUNE ND THEN FITE 1MILLION SHUYNS IN TEH VI INFNTO!

How the hell do ytou fight a million Shuyins????
And whats that DS and how do you get it???

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Masamune·1600
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
That was clearly a joke. It means to read that you have to equip the Masamune (which doesn't exist in FFX-2. For that matter, no specific weapon does) and then fight, I presume, one million Shuyins. This mocks the typical outlandish rumors (most commonly seen applied to FFVII) where one has to do all manner of ridiculous, impossible, and otherwise time-consuming tasks in order to bring about something that can't actually happen.

I Don't Need A Name
04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
ive seen a pic of aauron in X-2 but i doubt thats real (its in a fight scene)

Cuchulainn
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
In X-2 Last Mission, I've read there is Creature Create (similar to the Monster Arena) where you can create all the monsters PLUS NPCs like Elma, Gippal, Baralai etc & fight with them. You can also create Tidus, Auron, Lulu, Kimahri, Seymour, Brother too. So as Squall of Seed rightly said, these screenshot could easily be real, including the ones with Auron...then create a battle tournament....I want Final Mission more than ever now :(

Squall of SeeD
04-18-2005, 10:24 PM
The way it normally works is, The first version of *insert random game* (KH, FFVII, FFX, FFX-2 etc.) is released in japan. Following that it will be released in Europe and North America with added scenes, extra boss etc. Then a while after that its rereleased in japan. The rerelease contains the American and Eu scenes and bosses along with some new scenes and bosses America and Eu will never got a hold of. Not really a bad deal but not exactly a great one.

I would say that Europe's about half-and-half on the International releases. It received Final Fantasy VII: International and Final Fantasy X: International, but not Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix or Final Fantasy X-2: International + Last Mission.

ive seen a pic of aauron in X-2 but i doubt thats real (its in a fight scene)

It's real: Linkage (http://www.ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=994).

Also, the things that Cuchulainn said are true about being able to use NPCs and have the Fiend colliseum:
Picture 1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2INTJPPlayableHumansShinraEnding.jpg).
Picture 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2INTJPMaxedStatsforNPCs.jpg).
Picture 3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2INTJPMajorNumerusColiseum.jpg).
Picture 4 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2LMJPMajorNumerus.jpg).
Picture 5 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2INTJPShinraEndingText.jpg).
Picture 6 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/FFX-2LMJPEnding.jpg).

Pouring Rain
04-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Um, the only thing I have seen of Seymour in FFX-2 is in my people thingy and a sphere of him. does Yunalesca come in FFX-2 also? just wondering...

Cybele
04-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Um, the only thing I have seen of Seymour in FFX-2 is in my people thingy and a sphere of him. does Yunalesca come in FFX-2 also? just wondering...

Yeah, she's in the Via Inifinito in Bevelle. She doesn't have any lines though, you just fight her. I still haven't beaten her though. She's really hard and my characters are levels 89-99.

Squall of SeeD
04-19-2005, 01:50 AM

(Highlight to read.)
She does. Her spirit appears on Cloister 80 of the Via Infinito and becomes Chac, a Basilisk-like Fiend with a powerful Petrify attack called Heaven's Cataract that can penetrate Stoneproof.

Pouring Rain
04-19-2005, 02:05 AM
What do you mean Highlight to read?

Squall of SeeD
04-19-2005, 02:25 AM
What do you mean Highlight to read?

Highlight the invisible text after "Spoiler" with your mouse.

Pouring Rain
04-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Can I use the same move on her? I learned it from a fiend. Does it penetrait through a Ribbon?

Angelz*and*Emoz
04-19-2005, 05:15 AM
were can you get last mission? i havent seen it in canada. or is it even in canada? :confused:

Masamune·1600
04-19-2005, 05:22 AM
FFX-2 International + Last Mission was released exclusively in Japan. It is compatible with FFX-2, but only the Japanese version (which differs from the North American and PAL versions). As noted in a previous post, you would have to modify your PS2. And, of course, you would need to be able to read Japanese.

Sorry for the bad news.

EDIT:
Can I use the same move on her? I learned it from a fiend. Does it penetrait through a Ribbon?

He meant to say Stony Glare when referencing the Petrify move. Heaven's Cataract, a Blue Bullet (Blue Magic) technique, does not inflict Petrify status. It deals non-elemental damage to all, and additionally reduces Defense and Magic Defense on all. I wouldn't waste my time using Heaven's Cataract on Chac; it won't deal very much damage. Chac's Heaven's Cataract is actually different (and much, much more powerful) than the Gun Mage technique, although you will learn the regular version if hit by Chac's HC. Its variant, in any case, is extremely dangerous; it deals massive damage (as opposed to the usually insignificant damage) and reduces Accuracy, Evasion, and Luck, in addition to Defense and Magic Defense.

And, yes, Stony Glare can ignore anything that might add the Stoneproof attribute.

Old Manus
04-19-2005, 04:49 PM
MASMUNE HWO DARE U SAY I WAS JKIN! IT WOZ A REEL CHET A-*chokes*

Erm, yeah. You can evade Chac's Heaven's Cataract move if you fight her in overdrive. Believe me, It's not any harder to win like that. I beat her at around lvl 50.

Masamune·1600
04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
To clarify that, he means that Chac, if Oversouled, will not use Heaven's Cataract as a technique in battle.

Old Manus
04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, whatever. :D

Fireblade13
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Wow. This really bites that square has been doing this. I knew about the dark aeons but all this lucky japanese @$$%!#@$.

Pouring Rain
04-19-2005, 11:15 PM
$#!t. and i thought it couldn't get harder. i hate the them @$$ japenese people. they shouldn't dance to beyonce either. saw it on TV.

Angelz*and*Emoz
05-16-2005, 11:35 AM
oh poopie...

DMKA
05-16-2005, 12:00 PM
It's real, like already stated...from the International version, that ends up having more cool crap than the original and once again, that we Americans don't get. :(

Everyone got FFX International except us...wtf.

Cruise Control
05-16-2005, 11:59 PM
How do I find Villa Infinito, Im in chapter 5, on my first playthrough, and have a 51% (I didn't know I could do extra missions till like chapter 3), and am doing missions before I pick which hole to jump down.