PDA

View Full Version : You Damned Cheater!!!

Xalioniaf
04-17-2005, 04:47 AM
You thought I was gonna flame somebody, did you? No, I'm just saying I recently picked up an Action Replay to spice up games I've already beaten. Since I recently beat FFTA(OMFG, THE HAIR SCARES ME!!!!), I decided to create a new file. After finnishing the long opening, I saved and plugged in my AR and turned on all of the cheats. Max HP, Max Stats, Max Clan Level, etc. Turns out it's not too fun when you're at Lv. 99, have max stats, and the oposing team can't move because you've got 999 speed. So, I went back thru the long opening again(because I saved it), and this time only turned on all abilities learned and all items. It sucks though, because although they have the abilities learned, you have to equip them with the item that has it, then they'll learn it right away. And since you can't equip items for Blue Magic or the special characters like Babus, it's very tedious to equip , equip, equip over and over again.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else cheats for fun.

Also, I noticed when I used the cheats on Ezel, he had some moves he didn't have when I first got him. I checked back to my old file, where I never use him, to make sure. And, he had less moves. I was wondering how he learns more attacks and stuff.

MoonZapdos
04-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I cheat (sometimes) for fun. But if you want a good cheat device i would strongly recommend Codebreaker. At least it doesn't spiff up your game. :greenie:

Skyblade
04-18-2005, 04:53 AM
*Yawn*

Yes, I am still alive, and my Internet is alive again too, so I can get back on the boards. Yay!

I experiment with cheats, but I don't wind up keeping them in my final file (especially in this game, where cheats are totally unnecessary-patience works much better). I have encountered the problem you mentioned with having to equip a weapon that has the ability before you can actually use the ability when dealing with the All Abilities cheat on the Action Replay. NEVER use this cheat on Humans: it will keep them from learning any of the Blue Magic abilities, which are powerful as heck, and you shouldn't go through the game without them. Still, if you really want to use the cheats, get a GameShark Advance SP and use that instead, and it will get you around that problem.

However, IMHO, cheating in this game totally ruins the fun. What is left if you can't gather items or abilities any more?

Xalioniaf
04-18-2005, 01:36 PM
like I said, I just do it on games I've already beaten. I would NEVER cheat on a game I'm going thru on the first time, because then it ruins the fun. But, when I just pick it up every once and a while, I open up my new file that's a cheating file...damn, that sounded weird.

I_Need_Major_Plz
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
I bought a Game Shark SP but I never use it cause I can never beat games.

Its Sad.

omenofd
04-22-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't like gamesharks
I had one for my N64, but it would stop working I ended up with 2 broken ones
the only thing I got to use it for was seeing mario without a lower half

Lenna
04-22-2005, 12:48 AM
The only thing I cheat with is using Walkthroughs or Hints & Tips. But I only ever do that when I get super stuck on something, and I've tried every possible option my brain can figure out. That's when I check up on stuff. Other than that I don't like cheating. Especially with my favourite games. Ruins the fun of finding stuff out for yourself IMO.

Skyblade
04-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Cheating also detracts from the sense of accomplishment you get from the game. How could I be proud of my awesome save file if I cheated to get all the items/abilities/stats/etc..?

Mittopotahis
04-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Cheating also detracts from the sense of accomplishment you get from the game. How could I be proud of my awesome save file if I cheated to get all the items/abilities/stats/etc..?
Exactly! My thoughts exactly, I hate cheating...

omenofd
04-23-2005, 03:41 AM
on the subject of cheating, I want to........boost my mog knight after he was......punished unfairly by a judge
I just want to bring his speed to match my other fighting classes
here is the specifics of my situation:
using an emulator and rom, so my mog knight is too slow I planned to hex edit it up a few points
I dl hex workshop, backed up my game, and loaded the file
I searched for the hex value of the mogs speed this isn't as simple as a few other games I have hexed, I knew I would have to search around
so I write down and convert to hex his other stats
I used weapon attack, weapon def, magic attack, magic res, and speed in that order since that is how they show up
I search for the hex value of weapon attack first so I could look at the following values to compare them, I got one that had all those numbers in that order but not in sequence
tried it and screwed it up

if you do understand hex editing or have tried this on your own
I need some help with it
it isn't as easy as gladius, no not the console game gladius but a game called gladius

Cloud775
04-23-2005, 06:50 AM
Nope, I don't cheat for RPGs. Neither for other game genres. I feel like I did nothing after beating the game because of cheats. My friend never does anything the hard way so he uses an Action Replay. Tsk, tsk, tsk. It makes me really sick to my gut sometimes.

YukiKiro
04-24-2005, 03:07 AM
cheat and fun for me usually are never used in the same sentence. cheating for me on a game is like cheating on a diet. you may think its a good idea now, but it just screws you up and makes everything more dull.

Sphere
04-24-2005, 08:48 AM
I never cheat for any Final Fantasy games, except IX (Where I got stuck and used a walkthrough to find a weapon or something). But otherwise I never use a guide even if I appear to be stuck. I just randomly walk around until I find out what to do.

For other games, though, the only game I cheat with is GTA Vice City. Because it is far better with cheats than without ^_^

I havn't finished with FFTA yet.... I'm about half way. Or less.

Skyblade
04-26-2005, 07:24 PM
on the subject of cheating, I want to........boost my mog knight after he was......punished unfairly by a judge
I just want to bring his speed to match my other fighting classes
here is the specifics of my situation:
using an emulator and rom, so my mog knight is too slow I planned to hex edit it up a few points
I dl hex workshop, backed up my game, and loaded the file
I searched for the hex value of the mogs speed this isn't as simple as a few other games I have hexed, I knew I would have to search around
so I write down and convert to hex his other stats
I used weapon attack, weapon def, magic attack, magic res, and speed in that order since that is how they show up
I search for the hex value of weapon attack first so I could look at the following values to compare them, I got one that had all those numbers in that order but not in sequence
tried it and screwed it up

if you do understand hex editing or have tried this on your own
I need some help with it
it isn't as easy as gladius, no not the console game gladius but a game called gladius

News Flash for you: Mog Knights always have terrible speed. It is the class' one major downside. Level your Mog Knight up a few levels as a Thief if you really want to boost his speed.