PDA

View Full Version : Special Edition DVD

Rainecloud
04-17-2005, 09:11 AM
As the release of this eagerly anticipated movie draws ever closer, you'll be happy to hear that Square-Enix has confirmed that a Special Edition DVD will be released as well as a Regular Edition. As of yet, no extra details have been confirmed, but Square-Enix has said that the Special Edition will contain "Bonus merchandise not available in the Normal Edition".

Also, Square-Enix have promised a "Major Announcement" regarding the movie which will be made either before or during the upcoming E3 event. As always, we'll keep you posted.

Discuss?

Shoden
04-17-2005, 11:39 AM
well it seems as if Advent Children is closer than we think

may or June for Japan if its like this

bet UK gets it around november....
well at least ill have a b'day president i want

Zifnab
04-17-2005, 12:04 PM
So I either wait for the second edition, or buy it twice? Nice going, SE, this wont at all convince me to just download it. Unless they're releasing them at the same time, then fair enough.

CloudDragon
04-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Aw, you beat me to this annoucement. Depending on what comes with it will determine whether I get it or not.

Armisael
04-17-2005, 07:24 PM
It's good to hear that Advent Children is close to us..But this with the special Edition..It irritates me..
Why does Square wants to make more money?

ShivaBlizzard8
04-17-2005, 08:15 PM
So I either wait for the second edition, or buy it twice? Nice going, SE, this wont at all convince me to just download it. Unless they're releasing them at the same time, then fair enough.
I don't think that's necessarily true; most DVDs I've seen that are "Special Editions" are released with or BEFORE the regular version (with the exception of EXTENDED versions, like LOTR). Usually special editions have more outakes or interviews or something, not extra footage. Also, Square does this with all its soundtracks; limited editions are released prior to the regular ones that contain small extras like sheet music and stickers, no big deal. And since Square hasn't said the SE would come out later, I would worry yet. I'm just glad to hear it sounds like we're getting close to hearing an actual release date. :)

Destai
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Unless the price is totally ridiculous compared to normal edition from high demand I'll definitely buy it.

Squall of SeeD
04-17-2005, 09:08 PM
It's good to hear that Advent Children is close to us..But this with the special Edition..It irritates me..

o.o

Because that's what companies do. That's what they make their games for and what they're making this movie to do. If not for that, they wouldn't be doing this.

Armisael
04-17-2005, 09:27 PM

o.o

Because that's what companies do. That's what they make their games for and what they're making this movie to do. If not for that, they wouldn't be doing this.
Well yeah i know that..But making a dvd with bonus material or something i find it ridiculous..They will get enough money with all the sequels and prequels of FFVII..

Mookies
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM

o.o

Well yeah i know that..But making a dvd with bonus material or something i find it ridiculous..They will get enough money with all the sequels and prequels of FFVII..

To put it simply, companies always want more money. It is their goal.

**ShadowZone**
04-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I think I will wait for the special Edition to come out before I buy it. I like the bonus stuff on DVDs. ;)

ShivaBlizzard8
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Or, if you don't want to wait or buy both, you could always RENT the DVD from the video store to watch it until the Special Edition comes out to buy. ;)

Greiver205
04-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I guess that means that there wont be a theater release then huh ??? Oh well i didnt really care i just want to see the movie...

JAS4Yeshua
04-23-2005, 01:54 AM
I like the news of the Special Edition, but what I really want to hear are confirmed dates. ;)

I'll definately be going with the Special Edition when it comes out. :D

Ex-Soldier
04-24-2005, 05:56 AM
hmm special edition eh? Btw, US is pretty much gaurenteed to get it before UK. and i bet there will be a 6 month wait from when it comes out in japan to when it hits the US :mad2: but its gonna be worth the wait..ill def get the SE too hehe, which is a given cuz they wouldnt of gotten the idea of make SE stuff if it didnt sell...

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-25-2005, 08:00 AM
hmm. Deffinatly Buying the Special Edition... Considering buying 2 SE Copies actually :D

Rostum
04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah I will defenatly buy the special edition, even if I have to import it. I'm sure I'll get it in Australia though - we get the same DVD's as the UK.

Greiver205
04-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Before i buy the special edition dvd i would like to know wats on it...because if all it has is interviews and comments from the producers i will save my money and not buy it...but if it has deleted scenes and extras on the characters and the story then sure i will buy it...

Sephiroths Clone
04-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I dont care wats in it, all i want is a really cool looking cover!! :love:

Rase
04-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Hooray?