PDA

View Full Version : Fujin in love???

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
I was just thinking about FF8, and it occured to me that Fujin might fancy Seifer. O_o There may already be a topic about this, but the thought just hit me, so I had to post it. Fujin's the last person that I would have thought to be in love...

Zifnab
04-17-2005, 12:37 PM
While there's plenty of fanfiction on it, I don't really see it myself. Her loyalty to him probably meant the same as Raijin's, who I'd sooner speculate as a pairing with. (Fujin and Raijin, not... ugh.)

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Incestial love? Yuck. Anyways, RaijinxSeifer is a cool pairing, and I personally prefer it to FujinxSeifer, but there is evidence to suggest it swings that way...

Zifnab
04-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Incestial love? Yuck. Anyways, RaijinxSeifer is a cool pairing, and I personally prefer it to FujinxSeifer, but there is evidence to suggest it swings that way...
I thought the Raijin/Fujin sibling thing was just speculation. I hope it was speculation. Jesus Christ.

MJN SEIFER
04-17-2005, 08:44 PM
They're Black AND White people.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Fujin and Raijin aren't siblings, and there's nothing to really suggest that Fujin has any romantic feelings for Seifer.

rubah
04-17-2005, 08:57 PM
I could see fujin/raijin easier than fujin/seifer.

I mean, they share a card!

(although what that says for wedge and biggs remains to be seen.)

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
I could see fujin/raijin easier than fujin/seifer.

I mean, they share a card!

(although what that says for wedge and biggs remains to be seen.)

xD

Yeah, I never really saw anything in game that would suggest any kind of pairings between the three of them. Seifer is their leader, and they worship him for it. They're lackeys! Lackeys don't fall in love. :)

Optium
04-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Well Biggs and Wedge have been life partners for a long time now. Which
FF was the first one they appeared in? I'm unsure, but it's more than one
game...which says a whole lot.

.opt

DestinyGundam
04-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Well Biggs and Wedge have been life partners for a long time now. Which
FF was the first one they appeared in? I'm unsure, but it's more than one
game...which says a whole lot.

.opt

They actually didn't start off in FF. They are two X-Wing pilots in the old Star Wars movies.

But I think the first FF game they were was FFVI.

disapointedchild
04-18-2005, 03:37 AM
Fujin is kind of manly i think. I can see her better with, *thinks* Dr. Unne. He is kind of womanly.

Social Moon Firesky
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Ya, she is kinda manly. But I still don't think Fujin/Raijin is a good pairing. They're brother and sister for goodness sake! Anyways, there is evidence to suggest that Fujin loves Seifer, but it's not too suggestive. I'll try and dig it out though. It's mostly the way she behaves around him, but like I said, it's weak and free to interpret. I'd like to see evidence for Fujin/Raijin pairing though, lol. :laugh:

DaggerFlux
04-18-2005, 12:32 PM
i dont know whether I think fujin is in true romantic love with seifer, i do think she feels an emotional attachment to him though, fujinxseifer is better then raijinxfujin though, IMO

Jack Skellington
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I think that Fujin and Raijin are in love but do not admit it. Very simular to many real life people.
It would be nice to see them get together. Very sweet.
Plus they are not brother and sister. Nowhere in the game does it say this.

Optium
04-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Fujin is in love with Selphie.

.opt

PS, Thanks for the info about Biggs and Wedge, I'm not a big Star Wars
fan and the last time I saw it was when I was like 5. :p

But that further supports my case, their love traverses series and medium
alike!

DestinyGundam
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Fujin is in love with Selphie.

.opt

PS, Thanks for the info about Biggs and Wedge, I'm not a big Star Wars
fan and the last time I saw it was when I was like 5. :p

But that further supports my case, their love traverses series and medium
alike!

If I remember, they don't appear in 5. I think they first appear in FFVI, where they are the two Magitek Armor pilots who accompany you at the beginning of the game.

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Ya, she is kinda manly. But I still don't think Fujin/Raijin is a good pairing. They're brother and sister for goodness sake! Anyways, there is evidence to suggest that Fujin loves Seifer, but it's not too suggestive. I'll try and dig it out though. It's mostly the way she behaves around him, but like I said, it's weak and free to interpret. I'd like to see evidence for Fujin/Raijin pairing though, lol. :laugh:

They are not brother and sister.

If I remember, they don't appear in 5.

When he was five, not Episode V.

DestinyGundam
04-18-2005, 09:27 PM

They are not brother and sister.

If I remember, they don't appear in 5.

When he was five, not Episode V.

Ah, n/m then.

Social Moon Firesky
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I could swear that I read they were brother and sister somewhere. There's loads of doujinshi about them being siblings, and there was an article about them being related...Well, if someone can prove me wrong, please do. I need evidence people! And the Fujin/Seifer thing is just my interpretation, as I tend to use tactics similar to how she acts around Seifer.

BG-57
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
There's nothing anywhere in the game that says they're siblings.

I'm interested in reading this article though.

Squall of SeeD
04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
I could swear that I read they were brother and sister somewhere. There's loads of doujinshi about them being siblings, and there was an article about them being related...Well, if someone can prove me wrong, please do. I need evidence people!

Due to there being no indication of it in the game, the burden of proof would fall to yourself or another who was arguing that they are siblings, not the other way around.

And the Fujin/Seifer thing is just my interpretation, as I tend to use tactics similar to how she acts around Seifer.

...You say one word sentences and speak in all caps? o.o

TheAbominatrix
04-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Their skin colors alone are enough to disprove their relationship. They look nothing alike, and if they were related Square would have at least attempted to make them look a bit alike. Yes, I realize that siblings in real life can look very different, but when people design two characters to be related, they tend to make them look at least a bit similar. Fuujin and Raijin are not related. Doujinshi does all sorts of things with characters, and isnt canon so it doesnt matter regardless.

Social Moon Firesky
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM

What's wrong with that? My English teacher makes us write perfect English in practice for our exams, so it's stuck with me. As for the article, I'll look for it. I'll aslo have to notify the person who's web-site mislead me. :mad:

rubah
04-19-2005, 10:53 PM
It's called theories.

and being able to go 'oh, that didn't happen ingame. Yay fanfic!'

Squall of SeeD
04-19-2005, 11:19 PM

What's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with it. It was just the circumstances around which you mentioned doing it that I was suprised.

SadisticStreetSoldie
04-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Sooooo? There's always a chance of mixed-race people only looking totally one race and not the other. In some inter-racial relationships (black-white for example), if twins are conceived then there's also a chance that one looks 100% black and the other looks 100% white. I always thought Fujin looked East Asian

TheAbominatrix
04-20-2005, 06:52 AM
Sooooo? There's always a chance of mixed-race people only looking totally one race and not the other. In some inter-racial relationships (black-white for example), if twins are conceived then there's also a chance that one looks 100% black and the other looks 100% white. I always thought Fujin looked East Asian

Yes, but this isnt real life. As I stated before, when characters are created and meant to be relatives, they're made to look similar, or it's blatantly stated that they're relatives.

Big D
04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes, but this isnt real life. As I stated before, when characters are created and meant to be relatives, they're made to look similar, or it's blatantly stated that they're relatives.I was about to mention Maroda, Isaaru and Pacce from FFX. Maroda's got dark skin; the other two are pale. However, they're expressly stated to be siblings.

Raijin and Fujin - the Japanese deities - are siblings. Also, the game characters use complimentary elemental magic, consistent with their names. It suggests a kinship of some sort, but proves nothing.Due to there being no indication of it in the game, the burden of proof would fall to yourself or another who was arguing that they are siblings, not the other way around.
Dude, you need to look up "burden of proof" in a legal dictionary. It saddens me to see you repeatedly talking about "burden of proof" when what you actually mean is "evidential onus".
:p

Squall of SeeD
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Dude, you need to look up "burden of proof" in a legal dictionary. It saddens me to see you repeatedly talking about "burden of proof" when what you actually mean is "evidential onus".
:p

It's appreciated, but I'm not using it in the context of legal matters, D. In this case, I'm simply saying "the burden of proving a claim in this matter lies on yourself, the one who is proposing that which is without support in the work which is being discussed." I'm using each word's own meaning, and what they mean when strung together based on those individual meanings, not the legal term associated with that string ("the responsibility of proving a disputed charge or allegation").

For example: It's possible to say "Crossing the Rubicon" without referring to crossing a point of no return. You might just be referring to actually crossing the Rubicon River.

BG-57
04-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Regardless of how to phrase it, I agree with Squall of SeeD that Social Moon Firesky has to provide evidence that they are siblings (through the article for example) instead of the other way around. In this case, you can't prove a negative.

The talk of sibling deities inevitably reminded me of the Norns in Oh! My Goddess! Urd is dark skinned while Skuld and Belldandy are light skinned. Of course it's explained that they're half-sisters, with a different father for Urd.

Such an explaination would be plausible for Fujin and Raijin, had it been given, which it hadn't.

TheAbominatrix
04-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Exactly. All those instances has the sibling relationship stated. The only way it'd be safe to assume that Raijin and Fuujin were related, would be if they either looked very much alike (if both had blue hair and Asian features) or if it was expressly stated (like if Zell saying "I cant believe those two are related"). As it is, the game doesnt even hint at a brother/sister relationship, through either appearance or text, so the chances of them being siblings are very very slim indeed.

Social Moon Firesky
04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
It was just something I read on a web-site. I'll try and find it. I can't remember why I believed it...:confused:

SadisticStreetSoldie
04-20-2005, 11:02 PM

Yes, but this isnt real life. As I stated before, when characters are created and meant to be relatives, they're made to look similar, or it's blatantly stated that they're relatives.
I know but I weren't referring to the game

TheAbominatrix
04-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Then what's the point? This thread is about the game.

Kamrusepas
04-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Anyways, RaijinxSeifer is a cool pairing

Hoooorrible idea.

Social Moon Firesky
04-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Why horrible? I'd find it amusing, 'cos Fujin's always kicking him, and he's a total jack-ass! Match made in heaven! :D You can see why I'm single...:laugh:

Kami
04-21-2005, 10:16 PM
It's more likely that Fuujin and Raijin get together then Fuujin and Seifer. But none of those are going to happen. They just all have really strong and loyal frienships with each other.

Social Moon Firesky
04-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Fujin kicks Raijin into the sea! *Laughs* :laugh:

AkiraMakie
05-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Now wait guys, its not always safe to say that things have to be outright stated to be true. Now, its well accepted that Laguna is Squalls father and yet, its not out right stated in the game. Its only hinted at. There is no line in the game that says they are father and son. So, as for rajin and Fuujin it can be hinted at without directly being said. They carry a kind of Brother and Sister attitude towards each other. Not only that, but raijin and fuujin (the japanese dieties) are sibilings. So knowing how square uses stuff like that all the time, i would say its safe to assume they are brother and sister. Also, i always kinda say fujin as not being white, but as being pale. Like, maybe albino. But that was always my take on it. Seeing as she had differnent colored eyes and all. Square doesnt usually give charecters red eyes. Not human charecters anyway. The only time i say a charecter with red eyes was with Vincent in FF7. And it was basically clear that he was kidna albino like. So thats the kinda of thing i got from the Fujin's charecter.

Also Fujin is best paired with Quistis. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/355583/1/
This fanfic proves it.

TheAbominatrix
05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
However, Squall and Laguna look very much alike, and their relationship is pretty much stated. There is no maybe about the relationship between Laguna and Squall. Raijin and Fujin are not even remotely hinted at being related.

AkiraMakie
05-04-2005, 08:07 AM
However, Squall and Laguna look very much alike, and their relationship is pretty much stated. There is no maybe about the relationship between Laguna and Squall. Raijin and Fujin are not even remotely hinted at being related.

Accually Squall and Laguna dont really look alike. In fact, Kiros even says that Squall looks nothing like laguna and thank god he takes after his mother.

*Ward
"......"

Kiros
"(Ward says...Good thing you don't look like your father.)"

*Kiros
"You look very much like your mother."

TheAbominatrix
05-04-2005, 09:09 AM

Accually Squall and Laguna dont really look alike. In fact, Kiros even says that Squall looks nothing like laguna and thank god he takes after his mother.

*Ward
"......"

Kiros
"(Ward says...Good thing you don't look like your father.)"

*Kiros
"You look very much like your mother."

I think they look very much alike. However, it doesnt matter where they do or not, because the game does all but say "Laguna is Squall's father". The same does not apply to Raijin and Fujin in any way, looks or clues.

rubah
05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Accually Squall and Laguna dont really look alike

Have you actually LOOKED at them?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
in the ending sequence when they actually show lagunas face fade into squall's face, you an VERy clearly see the resemblances.

Kamrusepas
05-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Why horrible? I'd find it amusing, 'cos Fujin's always kicking him, and he's a total jack-ass! Match made in heaven! :D You can see why I'm single...:laugh:

Erh, I meant RaijinxSeifer is a horrible idea... :D

Social Moon Firesky
05-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh, yeah...I knew that...:laughing: