PDA

View Full Version : FF1 teams you wanna try out...

crashNUMBERS
04-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Damn it's been awhile since I've been here at the FF sections...

Next I wanna try out:

Fighter
Thief
Monk
W. Mage

I once seen a pic that it had this team so I thought why not try it! *Looks for pic*

http://www.fantasysquare.com/fanart/amano/ff1.jpg
Well thats my theory of what those classes are...

KoShiatar
04-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Oooh, that's my beloved Y o s h i t a k a Amano. *cries* Where'd you find it?
By the way' I think I would like to try fighter, monk, red mage and black mage.

Lionx
04-18-2005, 05:46 AM
White Mage x 4

Martyr
04-18-2005, 05:55 AM
3 BWs and a WW!

I've never mixed it. I just want to see if it's worth the trouble of having a WM.

Rase
04-18-2005, 06:28 AM
All the ones I haven't tried.

More specifically, I guess the three I will try sonnest are:
Red Wizard/White Wizard/White Wizard/Black Wizard,
Master/Master/White Wizard/White Wizard/ and Knight/Black Wizard/Black Wizard/Black WIzard.

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
White Mage x 4
You really like w. mages huh?? I read your biography too. ^^. Check this out...

http://storm.prohosting.com/coleco/wm/index.html

Freya Coral
04-19-2005, 01:41 AM
It's been a while since I've played, but if I ever get around to it again...

~2 fighters and 2 black mages :goomba: :shoot:
~fighter, thief, red mage, white mage
~2 fighters and 2 white mages

A party consisting only of black and/or white mages would be masochistic. :trout:

Lionx
04-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Lol i love White Mages, but it also happens to be the hardest party to start with too, so its going to be challenge.

Skarr
04-19-2005, 07:06 AM
a balanced team of a w.m, fighter, b.m and the thief :sleepy:

Llanowar
04-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Really the only challenge party i have left 3 characters to sit there DEAD and one BW to beat the game with. Done it with the other upgraded characters solo, but not the BW yet.

Harvest Moon
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Blackbelt.
Fighter.
Thief.
Blackmage.

Just to see how rough things would get.

Black Mage FF1
04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Really the only challenge party i have left 3 characters to sit there DEAD and one BW to beat the game with. Done it with the other upgraded characters solo, but not the BW yet.

Actually If you want to make it even more challenging dont get class change. Try a solo thief no class change. Thats the hardest challenge.

Fireblade13
04-19-2005, 08:34 PM
What makes the solo thief so hard and not the solo BM? Thief only gets b. magic and some extra equips like the mitheral sword.

crashNUMBERS
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Lol i love White Mages, but it also happens to be the hardest party to start with too, so its going to be challenge.
I think 4 black mages would be harder. As they can't heal eachother N'or they're weaker than white mages...

Rase
04-20-2005, 12:24 AM
What makes the solo thief so hard and not the solo BM? Thief only gets b. magic and some extra equips like the mitheral sword.

Thief, not Ninja. That means no class change, which means, crappy defense and offense and no means of healing besides HEAL potions.

I think 4 black mages would be harder. As they can't heal eachother N'or they're weaker than white mages...

But they have Black Magic, which becomes immensly useful when multiplied by four. Four shots of FIR2 of NUKE do some great damage. Main problems is healing.

White Mages, they have no trouble healing, just doing any damage. The only easy thing with them are Undead, thanks to HARM.

Lionx
04-20-2005, 04:15 AM
Yeah 4 BLM is just a matter of killing them with as few turns as possible(and probably resting alot in inns) before they annihilate you then healing afterward, while White Mage seems to be a battle of who will last out the longest which is much harder IMO. @_@.

Black Mage FF1
04-21-2005, 02:13 AM

Well if you read my post it says a solo thief no class change. That means no strong armor or weapons and no spells. You see the Bm gets Fire2 and such, which makes it pretty easy to complete. The thief gets crap.

KentaRawr!
04-21-2005, 04:30 AM
I was thinking about having a Monk in my team instead of a Red Mage, but then I realized...

"NO MAGIC!!!" >_<

abrojtm
04-21-2005, 05:20 AM
In all my years, I've yet to have tried a solo party, I'll prolly start with Knight.

crashNUMBERS
04-21-2005, 06:51 PM
The team I was talking about in my first post Im going to do on the ff1 rom instead of origins. And the original is cool!!

Lionx
04-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Solo White Mage @_@ Have fun killing Imps.

The party i first started out with is of course

Fighter
Theif
White Mage
Black Mage

and my second one

Fighter
Red Mage
White Mage
Black Mage

Both solid, but too easy once you get the gears oiled XD

Fireblade13
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Okay yeah the best weopen being the coral sword is a red flag since you get it in earth cave or something like that. But luck gives him a huge att. bonus.

Black Mage FF1
04-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Okay yeah the best weopen being the coral sword is a red flag since you get it in earth cave or something like that. But luck gives him a huge att. bonus.

No it doesnt. If you are playing the origins or NES version, luck has no effect at all.

Martyr
04-24-2005, 11:51 PM

No it doesnt. If you are playing the origins or NES version, luck has no effect at all.

Actually, winning the game with a solo Thief, for me, had quite a bit to do with luck. :D

eestlinc
04-25-2005, 04:42 AM
White mages are so much more useful than black mages, although by themselves they kinda struggle to do damage. But one fighter and three white mages rock.

Fireblade13
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
darnit. I was doing that team but I stopped. I like the white mage being able to put her intelligence to damage with magical items if you don't want a bm. I actually almost neverhad to use mp in chaos shrine until chaos himself because of heal items and my white mage intelect.

Creed
04-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Try

Warrior
Warrior
Warrior
Theif

Its sorta tough because of the amount a GIL you need to buy equipment.

TasteyPies
04-26-2005, 01:24 AM
BBx4

DarkLadyNyara
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM
It is. I've done both parties. 4 WW is time- consuming as all hell, but not that hard.(spam protera and invisra for 3-4 turns, and the bosses cant touch you.) :D

Martyr
04-26-2005, 06:47 PM
It is. I've done both parties. 4 WW is time- consuming as all hell, but not that hard.(spam protera and invisra for 3-4 turns, and the bosses cant touch you.) :D

Are you kidding me? 4 BMs is the easiest party there is. The only trouble comes when you face Kary, and there's no dire need to try and wax her with LIT3 when you can nuke her fiery little butt later in the game.

Seriously, I don't recall ever having the slightest truoble with 4 BMs except against Warmech (Who'll give anybody trouble) and... something. Oh, right. 4 worms in the ToF, I got mixed up with them over and over again, and it was a real pain.

Fireblade13
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah once those BM start getting spells and MP they can nuke any foe if you have enough ethers n tof. But Hp and armor are very lacking in the BM department. Fighters still rock the house.

Martyr
04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Are there really ethers in Origins?

Rase
04-29-2005, 12:52 AM
I dunno bout Origins, but in DoS there are. I bet Origins has them on it's "Easy" difficulty level, but still, not positive on that.

Black Mage FF1
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
There are no ethers or elixers or anything like that in Origins. Only the DOS version has that.

Rase
04-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Ahhhh, BM FF1 to the rescue.

Del Murder
04-30-2005, 07:04 AM
White mages are so much more useful than black mages, although by themselves they kinda struggle to do damage. But one fighter and three white mages rock.
I know. I couldn't believe WM lost to BM in the tournament. No respect for healers.

mihalis
05-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Black Belt/Master x2
White Mage/Wizard x2

Cheap to suit up, plenty of healing magic, and maximum attack power. Need I say more?

Fireblade13
05-03-2005, 10:14 PM
It sounds like a good team once you get magic items. Those sahagins in the sea shrine are a real pain.

Zaderzun
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Lol Actually once you get your hands on the White Robes item you can cast invisara on an ally with an item. It should help you take down Chaos with black mages and thiefs. But its only in the GBA version and PSP version of the game that this item is included so get the newer versions and then try it. I personally couldn't understand the old nes version. I got lost before reaching Garland x.x That's where playing the gba version was way better. Anyways I have team of 4 black wizards at lvl51 and i promoted them at lvl20 cuz bosses were an easy kill with all the magic i was throwing at em. Haven't taken down taigat or whatever her name is yet cuz i want lvl55 before i do that. and of course i never face chaos til they all 4 guys in my team are max exp. I always max out before taking down the final boss and idk why x.x anyways KIRBY HUG TIME!!!!!! (>^.^)>
RAWR!