PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Firefox

m4tt
04-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Atleast I think it's with firefox. Everytime I use a dropdown menu on a webpage, or use my bookmark menu, I get this error (screenshot attached). They start popping up like crazy sometimes. I just closed 7 of them. Anyone know what it is?

Shoeberto
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Sounds like a broke firefox. Try uninstalling/reinstalling, or maybe try a different version.

m4tt
04-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Sounds like a broke firefox. Try uninstalling/reinstalling, or maybe try a different version.
I uninstalled and removed everything firefox off my computer. Re-installed and I still get it. I guess I can try an earlier version.

crono_logical
04-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Rather than uninstalling/reinstalling, I'd check out if the profile is corrupt or some plugin is messing it up. I don't think reinstalling would fix that. Certainly not downgrading.

You could test plugins by removing/disabling them. If that doesn't work, then you can test the profile by making a temporary user account in XP, log in there, and see if firefox still does that with the new account and clean profile. If it still does, then something more fundamental might be broken or you have a weird virus or malware installed. If not, then you'll be looking at deleting the profile in your user account and starting afresh. You might want to export your bookmarks in this case, ready to import with the new profile so you don't lose them, and maybe save plugins. The profile to delete should normally be in C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox.

m4tt
04-23-2005, 03:08 AM
I tried the temp user account thing and I didn't get any error boxes on that firefox, so I'll try removing my user account and go from there.

Edit: I don't have an "application data" folder in my main user account. :\ No idea what to do.

Yrkoon
04-23-2005, 04:34 AM
theres a new firefox out try that one version 1.0.3 i think :)

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2005, 04:40 AM
I was having trouble with my Firefox profile, and got help on their forum creating a new one, which was a fairly involved process. If that would help, I could possibly find the thread.