PDA

View Full Version : Recording Voice

disapointedchild
04-17-2005, 09:41 PM
How do you record your voice onto a file on your computer. Or anything. Not really sure how to go about this at all.

Zifnab
04-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Plug a mic into the mic socket on your computer, which'll either be on your speakers or somewhere around the tower itself. On Windows, go to Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder, press record and go nuts.

Rye
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
You need a computer microphone first. An average one is about 10 or 15 dollars. Then you plug it in to a USB port usually and use Sound Recorder which comes with microsoft computers.

rubah
04-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Or there might be one built into your monitor.

If you have a microphone like one that comes with a karaoke machine, you can find an adapter plug and plug it in. . .somewhere. I'm not entirely sure about this, since the last time I had to do it was with my old computer years agoX.x;; but you could try:D It worked sorta okay.

Kirobaito
04-18-2005, 01:07 AM
You need a computer microphone first. An average one is about 10 or 15 dollars. Then you plug it in to a USB port usually and use Sound Recorder which comes with microsoft computers.
I didn't know USB microphones existed. Now I must find one. My mic jack is now really screwed up.

disapointedchild
04-18-2005, 02:49 AM
I have a mic for a karaoke machine. Where can I get this adapter thing, and about how much does it cost?

rubah
04-18-2005, 03:43 AM
It depends if it fits in the slot. Is it the kind that looks like headphone plugs? If it's a weird specialty thing there's probably no way on earth it'll fit XD

You can get the adapters* in the electronics department at walmart. I know we already had a couple at home for my mom's stereo-- if you have headphones that need them you probably won't have to buy them.

Look on the back of your computer-- if you have a weird color coded pc like I do, there'll be like a blue slot or something, it's probably around where your mouse and keyboard plug into. It'll have a hole and say 'In' Try plugging it in there. If it doesn't fit, you need an adapter that will make the large male end of your microphone be a small male end. I'm not sure if they come the other way around.

*they're like about two inches long, quarter inch in diameter. They have a female end on one side to fit whatever plug size you want to change, and a male end on the other end to give the desired size. I've got no clue on how much they cost.