PDA

View Full Version : got a stupid question

yuna41269
04-18-2005, 04:32 AM
:confused: I know it sounds dumb to some but I wanna know the difference betweem Square Enix and Squaresoft. harhar

CloudDragon
04-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Squaresoft was the name of the company before they merged with another gaming company Enix, responsible for games like Dragon Quest/Warrior and Grandia. Squaresoft and Enix merged a few years ago and became Square Enix.

Sephex
04-18-2005, 04:48 AM
Squaresoft was the name of the company before they merged with another gaming company Enix, responsible for games like Dragon Quest/Warrior and Grandia. Squaresoft and Enix merged a few years ago and became Square Enix.

I still say they should have called it Squenix.

DJZen
04-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Minor correction:

Squaresoft was a game company that merged with Enix to form Square-Enix, much like how the 5 Lions merge to form Voltron, Defender of the Universe. Or, for you less-hip kids, like how the Constructicons merge to form Devastator.

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 07:08 PM
i just thought it was the names

Dreddz
04-20-2005, 07:43 PM

Thats correct
Still think Square never needed enix

TheAbominatrix
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
And Enix never needed Square. However, merging increases profits in many cases, as in this one.

DJZen
04-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Especially for Square, who now get to ride DW's coattails even more. Also, Square-Enix US is the former Squaresoft US, Enix US was axed.

wuglendei
05-14-2005, 02:37 PM
woah woah woah

wait hold up
Enix didnt make GRANDIA...i thought they only made that GRANDIA XTREAMS witch sucked soo badly!!!

Ubisoft made the other grandias i think

eNix sUX mY baLLZ

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Game Arts makes the Grandia games. Ubi Soft just translated a few of them.

MoonZapdos
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
In my opinion, the junction was good. FFTA was made by Square Enix :)

KoShiatar
05-14-2005, 10:12 PM

I seem to remember Square had to merge with Enix to survive after the big "The Spirits Within" flop that left it on the verge of bankruptcy. What can you tell me about that? Am I correct?

By the way, to think that Sakaguchi and Uematsu have gone away, I'm of the same opinion.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Square didn't need the merger to survive, but it certainly helped their situation.

squareSOFT
05-15-2005, 03:51 AM

I seem to remember Square had to merge with Enix to survive after the big "The Spirits Within" flop that left it on the verge of bankruptcy. What can you tell me about that? Am I correct?

By the way, to think that Sakaguchi and Uematsu have gone away, I'm of the same opinion.

Yes, that is correct and I couldnt agree more when it comes to the departure of Sakaguchi and Uematse. SE lost the two best people it has ever had with those two

KentaRawr!
05-15-2005, 06:39 PM
woah woah woah eNix sUX mY baLLZ

Actually Enix has made some pretty good games. At least in my opinon. Terranigma is nice. ^_^

Mercen-X
05-15-2005, 11:30 PM
In my opinion, the junction was good. FFTA was made by Square Enix :)
Square Enix doesn't work in collaboration on games (at least they mostly don't; haven't heard of case in which they have). They're partners in name, Square sticks to Square stuff and Enix sticks to Enix stuff. It's just that now, they share in the profits.

CloudDragon
05-16-2005, 03:32 AM
How'd this thread turn into a discussion of how well Square or Enix would have done if they didn't merge. Thread posed a question, and it was answered. :/

KentaRawr!
05-16-2005, 03:29 PM
It happened because people like to debate about random things. ^_^ I wanted to debate about Chrono Trigger, but someone beat me to the Off-Topic rights. >_<

Edit: I corrected my English a bit.