PDA

View Full Version : This is gonna look bad, but...

The Redneck
04-18-2005, 05:10 AM
I've noticed little chocobo-heads next to each person's name.

I assume that these signal the number of posts that person's made, but couldn't find anything about it on the FAQ--is there somewhere I can look up what the various colors mean?

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Post counts have been deactivated here, so that isnt it. They simply show the person's online status. Yellow = online, blue = offline.

nik0tine
04-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Next to each persons name? I don't know what your talking about. However, there are Chocobo heads at the bottom of each persons post. These are what the Abominatrix described. They do indeed show online status, however, I have never seen a "blue" chocobo. For me, it is always Yellow=online grey=offline.

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 07:09 AM
It may depend on the style set, and blue/grey = same thing, as I got confused. xD

Leeza
04-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Next to each persons name? I don't know what your talking about. However, there are Chocobo heads at the bottom of each persons post. These are what the Abominatrix described. They do indeed show online status, however, I have never seen a "blue" chocobo. For me, it is always Yellow=online grey=offline.
The Chocobo is beside the name when you have your style set to show the avatars above the post rather than beside the post.

crono_logical
04-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't forget the red chocobo for invisible people, though you guys will only see that for yourself if you set yourself invisible, not see other people invisible :p

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 05:02 PM
OMG I HAV TEH GOLD CHOCOBO!

nik0tine
04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
OMG I HAV TEH SILVER CHOCOBO! OMG ITS TEH ONE DAT U CAN REVIVE TEH AERIS WITH OMG!!!!!123456789

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Yellow: Online
Black: Offline
Red: Hidden

Though I have never seen a red one even though I have seen hidden people...

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Hidden people appear to you as offline, which is why they're hidden. As clout said, you can only see the red chocobo if you yourself are invisible, in which case you see your own... or, of course, if you're a mod (I guess being a mod-whore cant cut it in this case).

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
*Turns invisible*

Oh I see, But I got another question. Say someone else is online but invisible. Can you see the red chocobo on theirs??

*Forgets to turn back to normal*

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Hidden people appear to you as offline, which is why they're hidden. As clout said, you can only see the red chocobo if you yourself are invisible, in which case you see your own... or, of course, if you're a mod (I guess being a mod-whore cant cut it in this case).

Read this. Again. It says that <i>invisible people appear as offline</i>. That means to everyone. You can see the red chocobo <i>only when you're invisible, and you can only see your own.</i>. Only mods can see invisible people.

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
You didnt tick me off. As I've asked other people before, dont assume things from text. I italicized my words since you couldnt figure them out before. Italicization = emphazation.

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
((Dear mods. She did not double post. I simply deleted my other post. Sorry abominatrix. No Im not trying to get you into trouble...))

MecaKane
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Mods can see deleted posts, too.

(I guess being a mod-whore cant cut it in this case).
Ahahaha.

Yes, yes. Same for this case, too. :greenie:

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Nice. Like that they'll know she's not double posting. I don't want her to get into trouble...