PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear Everbody !

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I havent noticed any I luv Guilty Gear threads around so im gonna start one
Anyone love this game like me. Ive only Got Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear X2.
The only people on this website I know that like this game are myself and Joel
Anyone else ??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
I guess it's not crap.

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I do but not that much. I mean I love this game but not as much as KoF and SF.....And Tekken. But thats just my oppinion...

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2005, 04:42 PM
This game hasthe best soundtrack of any video game I've ever played, plus one of the most fantastic storylines of any video game ever played, and a good story is hard to weave into a fighter. Plus Johnny is one of the best characters ever.

Go here (http://www.thegearproject.org/projects/plotfaq.html#intro) for an analysis of the storyline. It even delves deep into the characters background, even theroies on Sol and Ky's sexulality (yes, there are theories on whether or not Sol and Ky are gay). Plus background information and stuff on the Cruisades and what happened during the holy war outside of the distruction of japan.

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Say thanks!! Ill go rent guilty gear agian, someday...

Edit: Heh-heh, Ky wiske...

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 05:26 PM
This game hasthe best soundtrack of any video game I've ever played, plus one of the most fantastic storylines of any video game ever played, and a good story is hard to weave into a fighter. Plus Johnny is one of the best characters ever.

Go here (http://www.thegearproject.org/projects/plotfaq.html#intro) for an analysis of the storyline. It even delves deep into the characters background, even theroies on Sol and Ky's sexulality (yes, there are theories on whether or not Sol and Ky are gay). Plus background information and stuff on the Cruisades and what happened during the holy war outside of the distruction of japan.

The games soundtrack is good but theres too much heavy metal for me but that dosent mean that its a bad game
lol
I heard before from somewere that Sol might be gay but not Ky
But to me gay is cool

NM
04-18-2005, 06:05 PM
I Like the Guilty Gear game's, but there not as good as games like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 3 : 3rd Strike.

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh yes they are

crashNUMBERS
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I Like the Guilty Gear game's, but there not as good as games like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 3 : 3rd Strike.
Haha true... :lol:

MecaKane
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I LOVE IT
Has the best storyline ripped off of FFVI EVER. :love: :love: :love:

Erdrick Holmes
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I LOVE IT
Has the best storyline ripped off of FFVI EVER. :love: :love: :love:

Ok, lets see your statement here.

FFVI
A world where magic hasn't existed in hundreds of years becaused a war that nearly destroyed the world prevented it from happening.

Guilty Gear
A story of a world raveged by a war between humans a bio weapons called gears.

Oh yeah, I see a connection between the two.

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Haha true... :lol:

you lot just dont appreciate the game enough

black orb
04-18-2005, 10:31 PM
>>> I love the game, too bad my brother got bored of if..
I have lost a worthy opponent :(

Lindy
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-01-06&res=l

derekstrickland
04-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I love this game it rocks Guilty Gear X2 is so cool well you can count me in with you this is one of the best game to me my best character is Sol and the storylines were very good.

NM
04-19-2005, 02:01 AM
you lot just dont appreciate the game enough

Don't start the thread if you don't want people to disagree with you. :p

I've been playing Street Fighter game's for 14 years, which do you think i'm going to prefer.

crashNUMBERS
04-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Guilty Gear!! Street Fighter!!!

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I heard that Sammy and Capcom might be working to make a Guilty Gear/Street Fighter crossover. But htis is being so well kept that it's almost unheard of outside of Japan. Of course being an american gamer my PS2 won't ever see it.

Also, from what I understand, if Sammy makes another Guilty Gear sequel it won't be starring Ky. Why you ask After the events of GGXX Ky dies fighting of a larger army of Megadeth class gears.

Dreddz
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Ky can go but Faust has to stay period .
Every Guilty Gear game has appeared on the Playstation system so why wont the next one. Xbox didnt have Guilty Gear or X
Theres one reason why I luv Sammy in that they for Once treated European Owners and only released Guilty Gear X2 Reload ( for PS2 not Xbox ) only in Japan and Europe meaning American owners didnt get it :D
Im gonna kind of double post and ask if Isuka is worth it
*looks at Joel*

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, but XBox in the US had X2 #Reload but American PS2 didn't. Most american gamers are stupid thinking that good 3D graphics sell games, so SCEA won't allow then on PS2 anymore., but Microsoft is trying to keep 2D gaming alive so they'll allow them on the XBox. This is why I admire Microsoft more then Sony.

Umm, if you want to get Isuka then go ahead. But ONLY play it with a friend or two. The game has almost no storyline at all, the only fun in the game is doing the "Robo Ky factory" where you can create your own Robo-Ky.

Dreddz
04-19-2005, 05:05 PM
The majority of 2D fighters is on the Playstation. The only System equal with is was Dreamcast.
Invent a Robo-Ky
Sweeeeeeet
Im gonna get Isuka
But is it true you have to press R1 to turn around. ?????

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Yup, pressing R1 makes a character turn around.

Actually, the true king of 2D Fighters was the Sega Saturn. If there was a 2D fighter made between 95 and 98 it was on that console. Dreamcast had the same amount of 2D fighters (a little bit more I think because it had a majority of the KoF games and Garou: Mark of the Wolves) and it handles them better because the Dreamcast can process stuff faster then a PS1, or a PS2 for that matter.

Shoeberto
04-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but XBox in the US had X2 #Reload but American PS2 didn't. Most american gamers are stupid thinking that good 3D graphics sell games, so SCEA won't allow then on PS2 anymore.
Um, no. Sony just likes to see things push the limits of their hardware. It's not necessarily just US based. Ever since the start of Sony's consoles, they've wanted to see things that would test what the systems could do. So don't put it all on us noobs who can't get a 15 hit juggle using Bison with a blindfold on.

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 06:01 PM
No, it's US based. Japan and Europe PS2 hets all of the cool 2D fighters like SVC Chaos, or GGX2 #Reload while they get ported to the US XBox, not only does Microsoft allow it they'll throw in online play.

Dreddz
04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
What sources make you so sure that PS2 is banning 2D games and Not Microsoft.
Were did you get this info ?
What makes you so sure ?

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Just look at the game releases for both consoles, I think that says it all.

Shoeberto
04-19-2005, 07:25 PM
G4 had documentaries on the console saying that it was because Sony wanted bleeding edge games. Granted, it's G4, but at least it's a little more official.

Let's just say we're both right, since both aspects likely play into the scheme.

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
That's what I've been saying. Sony only wants games with Cutting edge graphics, that's why they don't allow anymore 2D games.

Dreddz
04-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Thats bullcrap
until there is word from Sony that they will be pushing 2D games off the shelf im got no reason to believe that they will
There are still 2D games coming out for PS2
Metal Slug, Guilty Gear Isuka and there are more to come.
Dunno bout Xbox but there isnt a large increase in there 2D games
I can only name Guilty Gear X2 Reload

crashNUMBERS
04-19-2005, 09:15 PM
I heard that Sammy and Capcom might be working to make a Guilty Gear/Street Fighter crossover. But htis is being so well kept that it's almost unheard of outside of Japan. Of course being an american gamer my PS2 won't ever see it.

Also, from what I understand, if Sammy makes another Guilty Gear sequel it won't be starring Ky. Why you ask After the events of GGXX Ky dies fighting of a larger army of Megadeth class gears.
I have also seen these rumors of sammy and crapcom. Heard this will be capcom's last game...

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 10:03 PM

Thats bullcrap
until there is word from Sony that they will be pushing 2D games off the shelf im got no reason to believe that they will
There are still 2D games coming out for PS2
Metal Slug, Guilty Gear Isuka and there are more to come.
Dunno bout Xbox but there isnt a large increase in there 2D games
I can only name Guilty Gear X2 Reload

I'm talking about in America, the United States. Gamers in Europe get those, and last time I checked you're from Europe. Right?

Actually to follow up on the possible starring of Ky. I-No went back and time to the point where Ky was fighting those gears, she did some stuff to prevent him from dying.

Dreddz
04-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Guess It sucks to live in USA for once
Hopfully Europe will be getting more 2D games
They havent stopped yet thank god