PDA

View Full Version : Tenchi 3rd OAV Series (Hopefully, will lead to spoilers)

Super Christ
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
So over the last year, a new OAV series for Tenchi's been released in Japan, which is good news if you like the show not just because of new material, but because "Here Comes Jurai" is not exactly the most satisfying way to end the series.

Has anyone else downloaded it and watched it? Any thoughts? Concerns about Funimation completely smurfing up the dub that's supposed to come out in June?

Vyk
04-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Pioneer's not doing it? Maaan...

Super Christ
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
No. Probably has partway to do with they got bought out and are now some company called Geneon. Anyway, Funimation's got the entire old cast back except Ryoko (who wasn't going to come back anyway because she got married or something), which is an important first step to not blowing it. Just have to hope they don't make any stupid script changes, and that they don't even attempt to airbrush anything.

Vyk
04-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I'll agree there. I just can't stop thinking DBZ when Funimation is the topic. Though I guess I really did enjoy Dragonball, so I guess there is hope. I just have a feeling they're not gonna be able to capture something important that made me love the Pioneer dubs so much. I guess I could always just go subtitle, but... not a big fan of that. Oh well. I'll always have my Tenchi Universe ^_^

Rinen
04-19-2005, 05:40 AM
I once asked Pioneer/Geneon about the change of name, but I kind of forgot it. Anyways, I've watched Tenchi series ever since Tenchi Muyo! came out. Hopefully they'll do a decent job with Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OVA. All I hope is that they don't completely butcher it all up. If all else fails, I can imagine how things go. Either that, or I'll just watch the Tenchi OVAs and series, movies, spinoffs that I have.

ughhis
04-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenchi Universe

Those are great, and really, it's enough for me. :)

Vyk
04-23-2005, 01:52 AM
You haven't enjoyed the movies? The second two get a lot of mixed reviews. I really enjoyed the second, even if it was short and more like an extended episode. The third was way too bland for me. But a lot of people loved it. But still... I don't think anyone's going to disagree that the first was just plain awesome. You have to at least see that one ;P

Super Christ
04-23-2005, 03:21 PM
TMIL and TMIL 2 were great, as they really put a good cap on the Tenchi Universe series. My favorite series is the OVAs though, because all the characters have so much more depth in it. I'm hoping they continue to do more new OVAs, not only because I like Tenchi, but because that last episode confused the hell out of me. Among other things, it's the very first time I haven't quite understood something Washu has said.