PDA

View Full Version : Question About A Particular Track...

DMKA
04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I have attached audio from one of the FFVII commercials. Hear that music playing in the background? I first heard it when I saw a trailer on a PS1 demo disc way back in the day at Best Buy. It played throughout the trailer...but the music never plays in the game. Ever. Just in that trailer and on 2 of the commericals...

Anyway my question was: does anyone know what the name of it is, and if it was ever released on a soundtrack, and if it's downloadable from the EoFF music section?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Pretty sure that song's always been exclusive to the commercials. I've seen some MIDIs made of it, but that's all.

Samuraid
04-19-2005, 02:42 AM
Yeah, scary that I still remember it so well; I knew exactly which song you were referring to before I even heard the audio file you posted.

I know I heard it on a PSX demo disc at a local video rental store...you might be able to find the demo disc that had the video. That version of the song was even mostly instrumental if I remember correctly.

Servilonus2112
04-19-2005, 02:42 AM
Yeah, its not an an OST cause its not by Uematsu. Because this was an exclusively American commercial, the song is probably recorded by a commercial/film composer. Its just some strings in the back, nothing too great. Its probably some freelance composer Square's USA company hired. I'd like to see the commercial though. Do you have a link for the video?