Dreddz
04-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Its OK but not as great as people point out

PoIsOnCoNcEpTiOn
04-19-2005, 05:01 PM
i agree the storyline was short but the multiplayer is awesome

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I enjoyed Halo 2 alot more then 1 in every aspect of the game.

PoIsOnCoNcEpTiOn
04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
it was better than the first

Black Mage
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
It's an over praised, ultra hyped, mediocre shooter.

FiragaBreak
04-19-2005, 06:47 PM
I watched people play Halo2 and the next thing you know I'm dominating people like rats. It is possibly a must have game but sadly there are other games that have surpassed its graphic and gaming view; like Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, and God of War (My opinion only). Sometimes Halo 2 's graphics may be cool to the gamer but maybe he/she should experiment and try new games with graphics just as good or better. Ever heard someone say "Expand your mind?" Well, expand your gaming views. Then someday you might say "I played Halo 2 but I found another game with better graphics than it.

Cloud No.9
04-19-2005, 10:00 PM
i prefer the entire half life series to the halo (or marathon as it should be called ) series. half life 1 is till one of the most amazing games available and was the best first person shooter until half life 2, everything was there on that game and all that halo did was lessen it's greatness but put a new coat of paint on it. half life 2 on the other hand wipes the board with everything and laughs menancinly at halo as it eats it for dinner while feeling overwhelimingly smug at being the greatest game currently available.

i tried very hard not to cross post this but two threads were so amazingly similar all that would happen is that i would say the same thing in each but with different wording. sorry about cross posting please don't burn me on a stake.

Lord Chainsaw
04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Halo 2 is great.

By far one of the greatest games this generation. While this generation I personally prefer Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II, Star Ocean III, and Metal Gear Solid 3, I do think Halo 2 can stand right up there with the best of them. This site, along with gamefaqs, is heavily RPG dominated, meaning there is a lot of unnecessary hate for the xbox. Although the opinion might be extremely skewed and lopsided here, don't let it convince you that it accurately reflects what the general population believes about Halo 2.

And I understand it's mostly the semi-experienced gamer holding the casual gamer in contempt when people put down Halo 2. That's perfectly fine. I've been there, done that, and can relate to that, although I don't quite agree with it. It's just inevitable. It's the long-time gaming population trying to avoid going mainstream, because let's face it: those big license games that rely solely on big named voice actors and "hot graphics" are downright nasty. There are games like that, plenty on the Xbox. However, a system is never inherently bad, and when such an image surrounds it, the signature game of that system (in our case Halo) gets misrepresented. It's difficult to do, but in order to be a real gamer, you need to look past a system, and look at the games individually.

Halo is not one of those games that relies on big named voice actors, graphics, or the coolness factor to sell. Now granted, it does have beautiful graphics, what sells Halo is its unmatched console FPS gameplay. I'm not going to get into PC FPS games. Many, many people(and I'm talking almost everyone) I've talked to on the matter prefer the PC for FPS games because of the mouse. I don't. I hate the mouse. It's the cheapest damn thing in the world. Halo brings that FPS experience to the console, similar to what we had with Goldeneye way back in the 90's. Had Goldeneye been Nintendo's flagship N64 game, we might have seen similar popularity (but you need to remember Nintendo still incorporates the fun for all ages idea in its signature games).

As so this post doesn't become any longer, I'm going to say Halo is a solid game, with terrific console FPS gameplay, a great online mode, and an excellent story. It's got the three main things I look for when I play a game covered: atmosphere, story, and gameplay.

Super Christ
04-20-2005, 01:06 AM
A decent enough game I suppose. If you have an XBox, you should probably have this game. However, it is grossly overrated, tremendously overhyped, and not really very fun after you've spent more than an hour on end playing it.

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Halo 2 is a terrible game. I hear they are FINALLY coming out with a PATCH to fix all their /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif online. I am not talking glitches galore. I am not going to get into the singleplayer mode(shorter and worse than the first...some how).

The only thing that saved this for me is that it is mindless fun online(despite the god awful match making system).

I prefer Rainbow Six 3 by leaps and bounds over this game and for mindless FPS fun give me Quake 3 Arena or Counter Strike Source.

I loved the Halo 1 multiplayer but they really fucked up the online mode. I prefer a room where you can go another round right away and have a choice in what you play versus random /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

D-- all around.

Rase
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
I enjoyed it.

nik0tine
04-20-2005, 01:58 AM
I haven't played it, but if it's anything like the first Halo then it must really suck.

Luc
04-20-2005, 02:11 AM
It's an over praised, ultra hyped, mediocre shooter.