PDA

View Full Version : The out-of-character woman...anyone else met her?

Uncle Sporky
04-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Once when I was in Lindblum, I was in the castle and supposed to be leaving or doing something else (I forget the circumstances, sorry), but I went back to town instead. I talked to a random woman, and she actually asked me how I was enjoying the game so far! Square likes to put little things like this in their games (there was a similar girl in FF4), but it was surprising and fun all the same. This was a long time ago, but I remember thinking it was definitely an easter egg for the explorative types. Has anyone else seen her?

nik0tine
04-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Nope. Never seen her.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-20-2005, 04:43 AM
Yes, it's very easy to do, actually.

Just talk to the lady outside of dragoo's weapon shop in the business district on your first trip to Lindblum. I think it's after the festival of the hunt or something.

Anyway, she asks you if you're enjoying the game. if you say no, she tells you 'well maybe you should play a different game' and if you say yes, then... I can't remember. Probably somthing like 'good!'.

Uncle Sporky
04-20-2005, 04:51 AM
That's right...because after the festival, you're expected to leave for Giz's Grotto immediately, but I went back to town instead. Simple enough, but who goes off the beaten path and talks to everybody in town again? :)

Delta
04-24-2005, 01:56 PM
There was someone like this in 7 (an old man) he tell's you how many times you've battled etc.

SoftReset
05-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm at that point in the game so I decided to check this out.

Grandma Potpourri
"I don't make much selling pots, but I enjoy it. How about you? Are you enjoying what you're doing?"

->Yeah, I'm havin' fun

Grandma Potpourri
"That's what I though."

->No, this game sucks

Grandma Potpourri
"Maybe you should go buy another game."

Mercen-X
05-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Yes I've seen her. No I haven't said "no."

In Tales of Destiny II by Namco (and possibly the first one as well, I didn't actually play the first one), they actually have a trivia game about previous Namco titles.

kawaiileena
05-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Once when I was in Lindblum, I was in the castle and supposed to be leaving or doing something else (I forget the circumstances, sorry), but I went back to town instead. I talked to a random woman, and she actually asked me how I was enjoying the game so far! Square likes to put little things like this in their games (there was a similar girl in FF4), but it was surprising and fun all the same. This was a long time ago, but I remember thinking it was definitely an easter egg for the explorative types. Has anyone else seen her?

Nope! I immediately left for the continuation of my mission, so yeah, never seen her! Too bad though! I wish I did!