PDA

View Full Version : doom 1

sephiroth JR
04-19-2005, 11:31 PM
did anyone ever play doom 1 on the ps1.it was the worst game ever with poor graphics a bad storyline and not in any way scary monsters but for some reason when i first got it it was my favourite game still is now well 2nd to ff's.the funny thing is though i still havent managed to complete it...what happens at the end :confused:

Erdrick Holmes
04-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Pretty much the gateway to hell has been closed.

I find the PSX version of Doom to be the best version so far. But I found mods that gave it the eerie sound effects and noises the PSX version have that gave me nightmares.

Meat Puppet
04-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I liked it on PC better. I've yet to play a multiplayer PC game that betters the first Dooms.

Necronopticous
04-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Doom has been and will always be a PC game to me. I think that's usually the best medium for First Person Shooters anyway. Nothing beats a mouse and keyboard.

Vyk
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
I have no preference where it's played. I just love DOOM. And ONLY DOOM. Quake killed it for me. I hate having to aim in a freaking hell-monster frenzy. DOOM was just look-shoot. Or run for your freaking life. And I think DOOM 64 was the best of them all. But DOOM 1 paved the way. Deffinitely awesome games. Loved the music and atmosphere. Certain tunes in the game... You knew the stage was gonna kick yo' ass.

Erdrick Holmes
04-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Play Doom 3, best FPS game EVER MADE!

Vyk
04-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Don't. Like. Aiming. ;P

As good as I may be at those games. I hate it. There's always some place where my nerves suddenly fry and I can't aim for crap and get swamped and end up shooting the walls and/or ceiling.

Old DOOMs were good because aiming was automatic and it was still hard to go a game without dying in later levels. Just run around, shoot, and try to stay alive. It was awesome

nik0tine
04-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Play Doom 3, best FPS game EVER MADE!

Doom 3 sucked. Alot. If you want to play the best FPS EVER MADE then go play Half-Life 2. Now THAT'S an FPS.

Captain Maxx Power
04-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Doom 3 sucked. Alot. If you want to play the best FPS EVER MADE then go play Half-Life 2. Now THAT'S an FPS.

Actually I've found myself going back to play Doom 3 more than Half Life 2, considering it's supposedly the worse of the two games. I do like Half Life 2 a lot (Gary's mod is pure genius incidently), but Doom 3 has that old school charm that I just can't resist.

Meat Puppet
04-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't like Doom 3. It didn't feel Doomish enough for me. I may have liked it had it a different title, and if the graphics weren't so hardcore it made my brain explode.

The grit of Doom1,2 and Final Doom made me feel like less of what I'm not and more of what I think I am.

Dreddz
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Doom was great to me
Doom 3 was crap and only had good graphics to make it appealing

Best was Final DOOM
Best FPS was Deus Ex