PDA

View Full Version : FFVII movie eh? That seems kinda sad.

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 12:36 AM
This whole thing just seems so stupid. You cant make a movie out of final fantasy.They already tried, and that one sucked. It didnt even seem like final fantasy. I mean really.... a final fantasy VII movie. Its just a scheme to make money in my opinion. You take a perfectly good game and ruin it by making it a movie. Trust me, its gonna suck. Im not paying 7.50 to see such a dumb thing. :tongue:

this whole thing is my opinion so you dont have to get all pissed off at me

Necronopticous
04-20-2005, 12:54 AM
I most likely won't be paying 7.50 to see it either.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2005, 01:45 AM
haterz.......

Squall of SeeD
04-20-2005, 01:50 AM
You cant make a movie out of final fantasy.

They already did.

They already tried, and that one sucked.

That would be an opinion, not a universal truth.

It didnt even seem like final fantasy.

It seemed exactly like Final Fantasy to anyone who looked for the thematic similarities that Final Fantasies tend to have. Refer to this Thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1085230#post1085230) for an explanation of this matter.

I mean really.... a final fantasy VII movie. Its just a scheme to make money in my opinion.

Not at all unlike the scheme behind making anything that a company makes. That's what they're in the business to do: Make money.

You take a perfectly good game and ruin it by making it a movie.

You have yet to know if the movie will bring ruination upon the Final Fantasy VII franchise.

Trust me, its gonna suck.

You have no basis by which to make this argument. If it's "They're only making it for money, so it's going to suck," then your argument has already been defeated, as that is why they made the original Final Fantasy VII.

Im not paying 7.50 to see such a dumb thing. :tongue:

Then you have no grounds to complain about it. Review the work, decide if it sucks, and if it does to you, then complain. Not before. That's the logical manner to go about this sort of thing.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-20-2005, 02:16 AM
you tell them Squall of seeD.......im with you all the way!!!!!

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 02:45 AM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO people hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i still think its gonna suck tho)

BackRoomKid
04-20-2005, 03:40 AM
^^^I'm happy you have an opinion

mine is:
it'll suck if I don't like it...oh wait...that's like...an opinion right? danggit...i guess everyone just has one...but some...have trouble expressing it in the most tactful way

edit:
SquallofSeeD can examine, inspect, and disect ANY statement...and pwn you...stay away from him :tongue: lol

Camanche
04-20-2005, 04:09 AM
If you think it will suck.. that's fine. But, what if... it doesn't suck? If fact, what if it ends up being a really good movie? What if you actually like it? I think it's at least worth a rental, if only for the amazing CG. :p

Trumpet Thief
04-20-2005, 04:45 AM
Rubedo: Meh, I'm thinking of judging it AFTER I've seen it. :D

strawberryman
04-20-2005, 07:40 AM
That's the only way to do things.
Although, never eat a clove of garlic.

finch666
04-20-2005, 11:47 AM
what the hell are you on about the film will be f+**ing amazing i saw the screening in montreal and i looks amazing so dont complain about it i know the spirits within was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gife but this has loads to do with final fantasy as it has chocobos moogles and actual final fantasy characters so dont do threads like this cuz u havnt seen it so there

Squall of SeeD
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
this has loads to do with final fantasy as it has chocobos moogles and actual final fantasy characters

Chocobos and Moogles also appear in the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series, yet Square no longer considers that to be an off-shoot of Final Fantasy as it once did. The original Seiken Densetsu was called "Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden" in Japan, yet Square eventually decided to make it into its own franchise, totally seperate from Final Fantasy. If such things as mascots or appearances by mainstream FF characters were the determining factor in making a Final Fantasy (rather than, say... the name itself), then we'd have a good many more Final Fantasies than we do, including the Seiken Densetsu/Mana games, the Kingdom Hearts games, Ehrgeiz, Chocobo's Dungeon 1 & 2, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo Stallion, Dice De Chocobo, Itadaki Street: Special (despite also having Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest characters), and Bahamut's Lagoon.

As it is, though, if "Final Fantasy" is not in the title, it's not a Final Fantasy, whatever may appear within. Further still, it's only in those games that actually have "Final Fantasy" in the title that we find the thematic themes that bind them together.

By the way, this would mean that, yes, Dr. Sid, Aki Ross, Gray Edwards, General Hein, and those other folks that were in the film are Final Fantasy characters. Unless one's going to argue that Final Fantasy VIII didn't have Final Fantasy characters because it didn't have Cloud, Tifa, and Yuffie, despite the title. My point being that mascot-type characters and even cameo appearances by well-known Final Fantasy characters don't make a Final Fantasy. Not even in the eyes of Square-Enix, those who decide what is and is not a Final Fantasy.

Destai
04-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Please. Do you know how far the original FF was from any other FF following it? Heck it hardly had main characters. With that in mind how can the first movie dictate how a totally unrelated one will turn out?

TristanMike
04-20-2005, 04:38 PM
In regards to the Final Fantasy Movie, The Spirits within, I tend to agree with JatodaP in respect to it not feeling like Final Fantasy....to an extent(of course, everything else he said was just plain ignorance). The only reason that it did not REALLY feel like FF was because of the lack of magic. Every single Final Fantasy game that I've had the privilege of playing in Canada has had a magic element to it, be it Magic, Materia, or what have you, magic has been an essential part of the FF series(and most RPG's in some form or another). This movie was just a shoot em' up with guns while concentrating on the philosophy that has also been a staple in the series. Not including any aspect of magic in the movie was the ONLY thing that didn't make it feel FF'ish and to me undermined some of the appeal of the games. Otherwise, it was directly related AND felt Final Fantasy all the way. Well to me anyway.

With that said, I went on several occasions to see TSW in the theatre. When I first watched it, I was blown away by the CG. I couldn't get enough.

Most importantly, does anyone have any idea of when Advent Children will be released for the masses to see in North America(Canada anyway). Anything in the Final Fantasy series, I'm interested in taking a look at('cept FFX-2, hmmmmm...an all female cast....I LOVE women and stuff, but all female? with singing and dancing?....in Final Fantasy?.....hmmmm....I don't know.....maybe should give it a shot.....). And Damn it, I just missed the showing for Advent Children in Montreal, Damn, Damn, Damn.....

...oh yeah, in English too, can't understand Japaneese Damn, damn

ShivaBlizzard8
04-20-2005, 06:50 PM
No one has any clue as to a release date, and probabaly no one will pay $7.50 to see it, because it is not, thus far, planned on being released in theatres. To my knowledge, it is only going to be released on DVD and PSP, so you will actually pay quite a bit more. :p

Greiver205
04-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Damn...Squall of Seed you sure know what you are talking about...i didnt know most of wat you just posted before, anyway i dont think it will suck and i will buy it and if you dont like the idea of a FF movie then i respect that, its your right to have an opinion....mine is that it will be awesome...yep yep

sephiroth JR
04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
to all ff7 movie haters
move along Hitler theres no german movies here

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
If your calling me Hitler I find that a bit offensive.

sephiroth JR
04-20-2005, 08:03 PM
if your saying ff7 the movie is bad then i find that very offensive

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Hitler means alot more than saying a movie is bad..... why do you call someone you dont even know hitler anyway :confused:

sephiroth JR
04-20-2005, 10:12 PM
why do u call a movie you've never seen before sad?

Shoden
04-20-2005, 10:25 PM
he's calling you Hitler because of your faciast comments and statements no one knows it will suck or blow your mind your acting as if you've seen it but no one really has so thats called being Faciast plud your demanding your oppinion has to be correct subliminaly every sub conciously wants to rpove there oppinion but theres been so much evidence to say that its highly unlikely to suck

make oppinions on something you know about ok

thank you very much

sephiroth JR
04-20-2005, 10:37 PM
shoden! shoden!! shoden!!!

FFFFsephychibi
04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
i dont think it's gonna suck :D

it's just gonna explain and show what happens after FF7 instead of playing another game :) There really is no need to be negative about it, it hasn't even come out yet. CLOUD LOOKS SEXY TOO!

Shoden
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM
i know bout this because i have a prick in my class who says "all gays must die they are abominations!" stupid eh he goes offit if we emntion gau Bisexual or disabled people problem is he wont admit he has autism

faciasm (however its spelt) can go into the direction of those type of oppinions we dont know it will suck its your oppinion but you dont know it will untill it comes out at last

JaytodaP
04-21-2005, 12:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i cant believe you guys fell for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You people got all pissed off for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-21-2005, 12:32 AM
what?!?!!?!?!??! all this posting for no reason...........this is not cool........

Trumpet Thief
04-21-2005, 12:36 AM
chaos: Holy crap, people getting so worked up about a movie? Why can't we all just be friends...:(

ShivaBlizzard8
04-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Totally. You all need to seriously calm down. It's childish.

Monol
04-21-2005, 03:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i cant believe you guys fell for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You people got all pissed off for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..you sure got us good...so im gonna go out on a limb here and say that because your opinion towards ff7 was so unpopular...you decide to pretend to that it was a joke all along? So you wasted all of our time with a useless thread? So you laugh at us because you think your a genuis in terms of agitating pepole? cute... :rolleyes2 but really...the only joke here is you...and judging by your transition in posting towards a more "insane" behavior...i would guess your agitated as well due to the fact that pepole disagree with you...but as i said...im only going out on a limb so try not to take what i said offensivly :D ...i was just sort of hoping you would be a little stronger towards your opinion... ;)

JaytodaP
04-21-2005, 04:41 AM
yeah....
your right man.....
People are overreacting and I just thought hey its gone on long enough.
So people... ITS MY FREAKING OPINION SO DONT OVERREACT ABOUT IT AS IN CALLING ME HITLER...YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION AND THATS FINE!

Trumpet Thief
04-21-2005, 04:56 AM
chaos: Yes, whether people like it or not, it is your opinion. What I find annoying is when you insult the game/movie, not because you've seen it and you didn't like it, because it hasn't even come out yet, but you don't like the idea of it coming out, all of these people act like you've peronally offended them. Calling him Hitler? Just because he doesn't like the movie? I will admit, he is going overboard by totally hating it, even though it can actually turn out good, but seriously, it isn't that big of a deal.

Rubedo: Now KHII on the other hand, that's a huge deal. :D

BackRoomKid
04-21-2005, 06:30 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! YOU LIL' SWINDLER YOU!!!! I'M GONNA TELL EVERYONE ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU FOOLED ALL THESE FFVII FANATICS AND THEN I'LL WRITE THIS DOWN IN MY JOURNAL BECAUSE OH-MAN-OH-MAN, DID YOU CREATE SUCH EXCITEMENT ON MY LIFE! YOU KNOW WHAT, I MAY EVEN BOOK MARK THIS PAGE.....WOW, AMAZING...YOU TRULY ARE AMAZING...

.........that was a joke too....

Greiver205
04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
I didnt get pissed off, because i dont mind it if you dont want to see it because as long as i see it i dont really care...

amratis
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM

TurkSlayer
04-23-2005, 07:48 AM
yeah....
your right man.....
People are overreacting and I just thought hey its gone on long enough.
So people... ITS MY FREAKING OPINION SO DONT OVERREACT ABOUT IT AS IN CALLING ME HITLER...YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION AND THATS FINE!

Your opinion is that you don't want to see the movie. His opinion is that you are Hitler. As you said, we all have different opinions. :D

I won't call you rude names, however, I agree with the others that its stupid to spit on the name of something you haven't even seen. I personally believe it will be a spectacular movie. And like Sephiroth JR, I am personally offended by you saying it sucks.

JAS4Yeshua
04-23-2005, 08:07 AM
You know, it's one thing to offer a strong opinion on something. It is another thing completely to resort to name calling. Whether or not we agree with a person's opinions is not justification for name calling.

JaytodaP
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Why the heck are people offend by me hating a movie. NEVER did I once say "I hate all the people who like the movie." Therefor, you have no reason to be offended.
EDIT-
Oh yeah... I never did MAKE FUN OF THE MOVIE. I just said I didn't like it.
So you have no basis to say I mad fun of it or that you could possibly be offended. :p

Sephiroths Clone
04-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I just dont understand how u cant seem to show a bit of intrest in this movie. The action scences are simply amazing. The CG alone is making this movie awsome.

TurkSlayer
04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Why the heck are people offend by me hating a movie. NEVER did I once say "I hate all the people who like the movie." Therefor, you have no reason to be offended.
EDIT-
Oh yeah... I never did MAKE FUN OF THE MOVIE. I just said I didn't like it.
So you have no basis to say I mad fun of it or that you could possibly be offended. :p

Forgive me, I changed what I wrote so that it made sense. But I will explain to you why I find it offensive. For the last several months I have obessed over this movie, giving my every spare moment to find out more and more about it. I have completely forgotten about previous engagements in order to find out more. And then you come in, and say it will suck. It hurts, in a way.

BTW, JAS4Yashua, I hope you were not refering to me with the name calling. I was merely pointed out that both things could be considered an opinion.

JaytodaP
04-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Did I ever say "Turkslayer! You SUCK!" nope. I didnt. Im hating the movie not you or anyone who wants to see it for that matter. Its my opinion once again. Its no biggie. So dont take it personnaly if you dont have any reason to.

TurkSlayer
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I understand. It is your opinion, and if you want to think it will suck, then by all means, do so. However, my opinion is that it will be an incredible movie and spitting on its name makes me angry. I think it was foolish of you to ever write this thread in the first place. Seriously, what did you expect? Did you think everyone would suddenly decide they hate the movie too just because you said it would suck? This is a site full of Final Fantasy fans. Many of them are huge fans of FFVII, and have long been awaiting this movie. You must have expected that people would start saying nasty things about you! Once again, I understand, its your opinion, but what were you thinking writing it HERE!?

JAS4Yeshua
04-23-2005, 11:28 PM
BTW, JAS4Yashua, I hope you were not refering to me with the name calling. I was merely pointed out that both things could be considered an opinion.
I was referring to the name calling, not the opinions. There's a big difference between actively attacking someone personally, and expressing opinions.

Personally, I don't see why someone would be offended by the fact that someone thinks that AC is going to suck. My opinion of the matter is, it is their loss, and I'll still buy the movie and enjoy it none-the-less. It isn't necessary to attack the person or their views.

Besides, isn't that referred to as "flaming" which, from what I understand, isn't allowed on the boards?

TurkSlayer
04-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Just to point something out, it wasn't me who called him Hitler. That was Sephiroth JR. I was just pointing out that it was his opinion that he is like Hitler. I was really just making a joke about the previous events of this thread (notice the smily face) Anyway, read what I wrote earlier about being offended. I suppose I'm not exactly offended, it just kind of hurt in a way to have someone say that something you have been waiting for so long is going to suck.

JAS4Yeshua
04-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Don't worry TurkSlayer, I was just speaking in general in response to the string of antagonistic responses that also included name calling. It was the acutal name calling that bugged me the most, and the defenses of the name calling irritated me as well. I just personally think that there is no justification for name calling and attacks of character.

YukiKiro
04-24-2005, 12:21 AM
This whole thing just seems so stupid. You cant make a movie out of final fantasy.They already tried, and that one sucked. It didnt even seem like final fantasy. I mean really.... a final fantasy VII movie. Its just a scheme to make money in my opinion. You take a perfectly good game and ruin it by making it a movie. Trust me, its gonna suck. Im not paying 7.50 to see such a dumb thing. :tongue:

A), its only coming out on UMD and DVD, its not coming to theaters. B) is not about FFVII its about events after the original story. C) FFVII AC is NOT FF TSW in any way.

but think what you want. its a free country (or at least where ever you live you can think what you want) and i'm not going to stop you from thinking the idea is bs, i'm just saying that you need a more lagit first post to make a lagit point.

BackRoomKid
04-24-2005, 06:37 AM
lets see the direction of this thread:
somone gives an opinion on a movie...but he says he "tricked" everyone and was just kidding

but in the process he was called Hitler...and now a few argumentive posts going back and forth...and right now, this is confusing...

just drop this dumb Hitler thing, or Final Fantasy can't be made into a movie...cuz it CAN...it is as we are speaking(typing)....a SUCCESSFUL final fantasy movie is yet to be done...and this may be it...but it may not...we just have to WAIT

Del Murder
04-24-2005, 07:54 AM
This has stopped being about the movie for some time. If you don't like the idea of it, don't see it. When it comes out you can all talk about how much you hate it.