PDA

View Full Version : Penelo!

*~Nirvana~*
04-20-2005, 01:29 AM
What do you all think of Penelo? Do you think she's prettier than Ashe? What are you expecting to happen to Penelo in the game? Any predictions on her role in the game? What do you think of her relationship with Vaan?

On the topic of Penelo... I've always been wondering about this pic

Why does her foot looks so small compared to her huge legs? Is it because of those brown boots shes wearing?

Raven Nox
04-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Now that you say that her feet long small... I notice it... yeah I think it's the boots;

On the actual topic, I can't say if she's prettier then Ashe really, as I really don't have many opinions on girls looks, but she seems to have a important role to me. I'm kinda hoping she's not Vaan's boyfriend, only becuase I like the tranditional coupling thing FF has because it's not like Escaflowne where Hitomi copuldn't make up her mind, that irked me, at least you know who they like the trandtional way, but if they have a relationship, I'm not going to be that disappionted, I'll live. But because of her relationship with the main character, I do think she'll be important, how though, I really have no idea right now.

I also find it werid that Escaflowne's main male and FFXII main character are both named Vaan... it just makes FFXII feel more like the anime then it already does...

Skaeve
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
She is or probaly will be Vaans girlfriend, i read on a page that SE had announced that the traditional FF hero end heroin love theme, will not be in XII so i guess Ashe and Vaan wont be together, also because Ashes man/boyfriend is Vaans brother so it would be a little unethical to put them together.

Destai
04-20-2005, 04:29 PM
I think she'll serve a role as Vaans best friend who gets him out of trouble. A mix of his little sister and his mother if you know what I mean.
As for her feet. Yeah the XII artwork has stood out in my mind so far between Panellos feet and Ashe picking her nose :p

Skaeve
04-20-2005, 08:59 PM
i think it's sexy if girls pick their nose :D a nice big green bogger turns me right on ;)

Destai
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I dont need the details of your little fetishes :p :barf: :laughing:

*~Nirvana~*
04-21-2005, 04:59 AM
i think it's sexy if girls pick their nose :D a nice big green bogger turns me right on ;)

..... :laughing:

well anyways, i think vaan and penelo are a much better pairing than vaan and ashe so im hoping that Square will put those 2 together. I kinda wish Penelo would be the main female character because right now, i don't really care for Ashe - maybe its because i dont really know much about her yet.

kikimm
04-21-2005, 05:16 AM
I really don't know what to think of Penelo, as of right now. There hasn't been much info released on her, and I'm glad for that. I just hope she won't take the role of the token loud, obnoxious teenager. Ugh. Get them away.

Not sure I want to compare her to Ashe, but screw what I want, I guess. I think Ashe is better looking, and maybe only because she's a bit older, and has had more time to "mature", so to speak. Ashe also looks nicer, but I can't say why.

Hmm. See, I just can't say what I think about the "relationships" yet, because I haven't played the game, I don't know what these people are like, so I have no clue. As for right now, I couldn't care less if Ashe or Penelo was with Vaan. What I think, however...I'm hoping there won't be another love-triangle thing, like FF7. We really don't need raging Vanelos and Vashes, along with those choice Clotis and Cleris`. And from what I've heard, it won't be like that. It seems to me like Ashe and Vaan are going to be more allies, and friends, than together anyways.

Yay. I'm excited now, after thinking about this. Again. *sigh*

:D

Raven Nox
04-21-2005, 05:26 AM

..... :laughing:

well anyways, i think vaan and penelo are a much better pairing than vaan and ashe so im hoping that Square will put those 2 together. I kinda wish Penelo would be the main female character because right now, i don't really care for Ashe - maybe its because i dont really know much about her yet.

actually, many places i've seen look like they're trying to pass Penelo as the main heroine because she's probably Vaan's lover. She probably has less to do with the story then Ashe though, so I seriously doubt it, but I guess you can say she's the main female character if you want, unless the game toally squashes that thinking, but right now, it's up to you.

Destai
04-21-2005, 04:09 PM
well anyways, i think vaan and penelo are a much better pairing than vaan and ashe so im hoping that Square will put those 2 together. I kinda wish Penelo would be the main female character because right now, i don't really care for Ashe - maybe its because i dont really know much about her yet.Theyre saving that for XII-2

crashNUMBERS
04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
I think she is going to be vaans sis. *Forgets pic* I'll look for it later. I don't know what will be her weopon though...

Edit: I found it!!

http://www.lagunamov2k.com/noticiasff/imagenesnoticias/ff12_penelo_12.jpg

*~Nirvana~*
04-22-2005, 04:47 AM
I think she is going to be vaans sis. *Forgets pic* I'll look for it later. I don't know what will be her weopon though...

Edit: I found it!!

http://www.lagunamov2k.com/noticiasff/imagenesnoticias/ff12_penelo_12.jpg

They do look quite alike after looking at their pics side by side. So now im confused again...

She is or probaly will be Vaans girlfriend, i read on a page that SE had announced that the traditional FF hero end heroin love theme, will not be in XII so i guess Ashe and Vaan wont be together, also because Ashes man/boyfriend is Vaans brother so it would be a little unethical to put them together.

Skaeve mentions that this time around, the traditional hero and heroine love theme will be different from previous FFs so i thought Penelo would be Vaan's love interest but seeing that she's his sister, that wouldn't really be approriate. My question is who will be Vaan's love interest if its not gonna be Ashe or Penelo?

Raven Nox
04-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Well... is that pic telling the truth? From what the info released sounds like, they aren't brother and sister, but they could've been hiding it for some time... just to freak us out after thinking they'd be boyfriend and girlfriend... if they are siblings... maybe he'll fall in love with an NPC... or... he won't have a love insterst? Can someone translate that thing? I can read japanese but I can't understand it Xd Not that far yet.

crashNUMBERS
04-22-2005, 05:08 AM
I think if ashe does like vaans brother than I think he'll probably die and vaan would take his place or something...

Imperia
04-22-2005, 05:36 AM
I've got a feeling that Pannelo is going to be my favorite. I don't know, I just do. She just seems more appealing than Ashe.

*~Nirvana~*
04-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Well... is that pic telling the truth? From what the info released sounds like, they aren't brother and sister, but they could've been hiding it for some time... just to freak us out after thinking they'd be boyfriend and girlfriend... if they are siblings... maybe he'll fall in love with an NPC... or... he won't have a love insterst? Can someone translate that thing? I can read japanese but I can't understand it Xd Not that far yet.

If Vaan's love interest is going to be an NPC, that would just kill the game entirely (I think anyway). I'm desperately hoping that that will never ever happen.

I think if ashe does like vaans brother than I think he'll probably die and vaan would take his place or something...

That could be a possibility - kinda reminds me of Rinoa and Seifer's relationship before she started liking Squall instead

Skaeve
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
THAT would just not be appropriate, but it still dosn't make sense... i know Vaan says in a trailer that he has cut communication with his familiy, but i don't see a reason why Penelo would do that. their Brother lives in a castle for crying out loud, they are not even at his wedding

crashNUMBERS
07-30-2005, 04:40 AM
I have updates on her!! Check this out!! I think she is playable!!

» Penelohttp://www.ffultima.net/ff12/penelo.jpg
Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend and lives in the old Dalamsca Kingdom. She is a talented singer and dancer and makes her living from her skills as well as the bazaar. Her parents were killed and she ventures with Vaan and Ashe to not only save Dalamasca Kingdom but to find out what happened to her parents.

It says she is a Bazaar. This can be an a.k.a. for berserker. She can be a twist off of hand smaking combat with a drop of berserker rinoa. Sweet!!

http://www.ffultima.net/ff12/char.php

ZeZipster
07-30-2005, 04:45 AM
She looks annoying. I bet she'll be the extroverted cutesy type character.

FranXII
07-30-2005, 05:56 AM
She's very peaceful and I like her, but she looks kind of scary, but who cares! Its the inside! *dances and sings*

crashNUMBERS
07-30-2005, 06:03 AM
XD

Dance fran dance!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-30-2005, 06:08 AM
It says she is a Bazaar. This can be an a.k.a. for berserker. She can be a twist off of hand smaking combat with a drop of berserker rinoa. Sweet!!It says she makes her living off the bazaar, not that she is a bazaar. That wouldn't even make sense.

crashNUMBERS
07-30-2005, 06:10 AM
I gotta pay attention to what I read once in a while. :laughing: Thanks kishi. I would've been a dumbass without it. Once again thanks...

Vyk
07-30-2005, 07:39 AM
Oh man... it's too tempting... That picture. Of course they look alike. He's a girl. :D

Maybe I just don't have the artist's unique sense of style or appreciation. But I just can't get over those boots. Or chaps. Or whatever they are. They're like swallowing her up. It creeps me out ^_^

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-30-2005, 07:55 AM
They make her feet look tiny and bound like in the good old days of China.

Craig
07-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Who knows? Maybe we will get to see what would've happened if Tidus and Rikku got together. But I doubt it.

Big D
07-30-2005, 02:37 PM
They make her feet look tiny and bound like in the good old days of China.Everyone in FFXII has stupid amounts of armour on their legs, her included. They oughta get a military historian to advise their designers...

But meh. We'll find out the truth about Penelo in a year or so, when FFXII finally gets released.She looks annoying. I bet she'll be the extroverted cutesy type character.Seeing as her parents were killed, I'd hope she's somewhat sober and somber. Or at least multi-faceted.

Aphelion
07-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Whoever Penelo is, her character design is very good (as any other character in XII - except for Fran, but I'm not into Vieras...), she looks cute, and we'll at least have a chance to see her fighting with different weapons (I don't know if it matters to you, but I'm glad I'll be able to have two girls using rapiers and spears instead of only staves and rods...).

So, yes, I'm expecting her to be a great character, just like Ashe. It'll be hard to decide who I'm gonna keep in my main party... :cry:

About the relationship: as was stated before, love won't be the "main focus" of the game. That's a downside, in my opinion. But as long as there are great characters and a plot (that makes sense, that is), I'm getting this game. But if Penelo and Vaan are going to have a relationship, please, PLEASE, don't let them find out later they're siblings. If they start as brother and sister, again, PLEASE, don't make them start having a relationship in the middle of the game. That plot is too predictable. If Square-Enix is trying to shock us by being so predictable, looks like the new generation of games will suffer from an illness: lack of originality.

J-Cool
08-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Personally I prefer the design of Penelo above Ashe's. I think she has that undefined 'uniqeness' and serenity over her that (I think) Ashe lacks.

What a potential loveinterest for Vaan goes, my money is on Penelo. My two arguments for this is:
1. Penelop is apparantly a close friend to Vaan. And as far my knowledge goes, it's typical for Japanese storytelling to favor the close (childhood) friend love-relation above others. Previous Final Fantasy installments to back this up is the love interest between Cloud and Tifa in FFVII.
2. The age differences favours a Vaan/Penelop love interest (Vaan:17, Penelop: 16, Ashe: 19). Since Ashe is two years older then Vaan, I find it more unlikely for her to be Vaan's love interest as opposed to Penelo. However, the opposite has been proven before (FFVII) where Aeris/Aerith is 1 year older than Cloud (Cloud: 21, Aeris/Aerith: 22). Then again, most of us knows how the Aeris/Aerith-Cloud-Tifa love-triangle goes.

crashNUMBERS
08-27-2005, 06:41 PM
They make her feet look tiny and bound like in the good old days of China.Everyone in FFXII has stupid amounts of armour on their legs, her included.
hey it's kind of a first. I never seen a FF where you get to change leg armor. That's if that accessable in this game..

Black Mage
08-28-2005, 09:50 PM
hey it's kind of a first. I never seen a FF where you get to change leg armor. That's if that accessable in this game..

You can change leg equipment in Final Fantasy XI.

But yes, her boots are most interesting. Such tiny feet.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-29-2005, 08:31 AM
maybe their related and they didnt even know it, kinda like a luke and leia thing, if the theme is war odds are Ashe might die for her nation (its an understatment to say its a big call!!)

Overall, Story and character wise there seems to be a diverse amount of personalities here...and im glad their not all in their teens! :D

-RiKkU'S MaAaN-
09-04-2005, 01:17 AM
*I'm new to forums so dont be suprised if this is odd in any way lol

I personally think that the whole idea of a love relationship in FF12 is unneccessary. i mean putting together Vaan and Penelo isnt what i would like to see, penelo and vaan seem to have more of a brother sister relationship (i dont think they're really related though), such as Wakka and Lulu in FFX until things got all F-ed up in X-2 (i mean really, lula and wakka having a baby? kinda pointless..... whatever happened to lulu's grieve of chappu), and ashe is more of the serious type who just lost a relationship (vaans brother) and isn't really interested in another one

by the way i think i heard that Penelo's weapon is a fighting and dancing class, such as Zell in FF8

Hope my comments weren't completely stupid lol once again im new.... no signature... someone help me out lol :confused:

Queen Al bhed Girl
09-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Well I've never seen Penelo in FF12,well I'm newer than Rikku MaAn.
I only came today,and I've never Seen Penelo I was saying....and where are you suppost introduse yourself??? :confused:

Ouch!
09-04-2005, 03:35 PM
RiKkU'S MaAaN, Wakka and Lulu's relationship was hardly out of the blue. They hinted at it throughout the entire game. I'm sure most people expected them to hook up. But that's for a different topic in a different forum.

Personally, I don't really mind Penelo much. Her character design is pretty good, I'm just hoping she doesn't turn out to be another Selphie/Rikku.

Shoden
09-04-2005, 07:51 PM
She kinda reminds me of Selphie in looks somehow.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 07:24 AM
from the websites ive been looking on it says that penelo is vaans girlfriend but ashe is the main female character.
and for "rikkus maAn" penelos fighting style is mainly dancing but somewhat similar to martial art because her brother taught her some(whoever her brother is.).