PDA

View Full Version : I'm running out of money!!!!!!!!!!

Pouring Rain
04-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Can someone tell me how much money do you need to give Yojimbo to preform Overdrive? I have gave him so much money, I only have 3,000 gil left and I started out with 250,000 gil!!!!!!!! He has a worthless overdrive!!!!!!!!!!! I need help fighting Seymour but how can I beat him without using overdrives?

Fantasy_Dragon
04-20-2005, 01:55 AM
You wasted all that money (unless you haven't saved it after spending it). You can't use Yojimbo's Overdrive, even with the gauge is full. You can only use his 4 (is it?) attacks.

yuna41269
04-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Yojimbo has this attack, his sword will rise up from the ground and he will pick it, and he'll cut the enemy into half. I used Yojimbo in defeating Braska's Final Aeon. The Life of Jecht at that time is 120,000. I just summoned Yojimbo, paid him 100,000 since it the last real battle and in one hit, Jecht was defeated. Though it doesn't work everytime, it's really worth it. HArhar.

Masamune·1600
04-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Yojimbo doesn't have an Overdrive. Even Zanmato technically classifies as only a Special Attack. What attack is used is determined by a formula which takes a number of factors into account. A full Overdrive gauge adds to the likelihood of Zanmato being used, but in no way guarantees or excludes it.

Since you have Yojimbo, the only Seymours you could be referring to are Seymour Flux and Seymour Omnis. Most people have the most trouble with Flux (fought in the Gagazet area), so I'll provide hints as to that battle. If Omnis is your problem, let me know.

Seymour Flux, as I remember, was annoying because of Lance of Atrophy/Full-Life and Total Annihilation. It's nice if you could give characters armor with Zombie Ward, but you can manage without it. If a character is hit with Lance of Atrophy, they will be Zombified; therefore, the Full-Life which follows will kill the character. Get rid of the Zombie status with a Holy Water, or use a Phoenix Down or Revive-type magic after you're killed.

I would recommend using Hastega early on in the battle, as it makes it much easier. Do whatever it takes to survive the Cross Cleave attacks, and be ready for a message when you take off about half Flux's HP. At this point, you'll see Total Annihilation is being prepared, and you don't want to have to endure that. Hit him with everything you have. I would recommend saving your Aeons (with Overdrives readied) for this point in the battle. Seymour will Banish them as soon as he gets to act, so you might as well hit him with the Overdrive(s). Flux should go down eventually.

Old Manus
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Usually I pay around *00,001gil and I get Zanmato to work.

frithead
04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
i spent soo long fighting seymour. infact i actually quit the game after a while. then i started training up, and i know u probably think that it will take a long long time to get stronger but it really doesnt

sayen
04-20-2005, 11:32 AM
i only pay yojimbo 1 gill and he almost always uses zamarto be for he gets killed with the exception of yu yevon and omaga weapon as i cant get to omaga without summoning the strong aeons.

and the prize for the longest running scentance with no caps or fullstops goes to ......................ME yay yay yay

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 07:00 PM
all i have to do is summon all my aeons because i like to because their cool and strong and i fell like it then i use the aeon nuke because its cool and ifrit is the coolestr then i lhack and slash seymour flux becasue he a anooying person and hes sort of creepy like the ffx version of micheal jackson but micaheal jackson is creepeier and i do a little more hack and slash and i use some potions and magig shell and other abilities i got

Old Manus
04-20-2005, 08:22 PM
No...full stops.....must.....breathe...! *dies*

Pouring Rain
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Ok, thanks. I am fighting Seymour Omnis, I think. Or whatever Seymour laughs and then Tidus says "Don't you ever give up?". And skipping some of the stuff, Seymour says, "By all means, try!". Thats the one inside Sin before the tower of the dead. The Sea of Sorrow, I believe it is called. I know I didn't need to do the quotes, but I just felt like it...

rubah
04-21-2005, 02:57 AM
if you need money, do the monster arena sidequest.

You'll have more gil than you know what to do with.

I know. I've got about 7 million gil and 180 hours on the timer xD

I think I'm paying yoji about 250000 now. He does zanmato once in a blue moon.

Fuzoya
04-21-2005, 01:11 PM
i always give yojimbo 1000.000 gil.....he always use zanmato

Pouring Rain
04-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Who has that kinda money? And besides, catching fiends is hard. My stupid cousin keeps buying movie spheres and making me lose money. does rikku have a mix for more money? that would rock!

fuuijinmon zell
04-22-2005, 03:22 AM
Yojimbo kinda sux just cuz i give him more money than i need to sometimes. And just fight a bunch of fiends to get more gil and experience too.

yuna41269
04-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I have two saves of the game. One is for hiring Yojimbo and buying all the stuffs I neeeded to defeat Sin AND One is for buying all the spheres in the theater. :D I'll just have to load the 2nd save if I want to watch all the spheres.
I suggest you do the same.

Pouring Rain
04-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Great. Thanks.

rubah
04-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Or better yet, just rip the fmvs to your harddisc, and either save them to an extra drive, compress them, or burn to cds or dvds.

(or just reset after buying all the spheres.)

((OR earn the money to keep them bought permanently:P))

Pouring Rain
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
ok. i'll tell them. thanks...

Spammerman
04-24-2005, 05:45 PM
all i have to do is summon all my aeons because i like to because their cool and strong and i fell like it then i use the aeon nuke because its cool and ifrit is the coolestr then i lhack and slash seymour flux becasue he a anooying person and hes sort of creepy like the ffx version of micheal jackson but micaheal jackson is creepeier and i do a little more hack and slash and i use some potions and magig shell and other abilities i got
or do this over and over and over again till u kill the anoying person

Pouring Rain
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
This works for Seymour #3. I'm on Seymour #4

Haemo
04-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Just to clear things up... Zanmato is affect by numerous things... one ovously is how much u paid him (for that one attack only), two how much u paid him when u got him (if u pay him 600k then hill use zanmato for like 4 all the time), and third a hidden stat up to 256 based on how much he likes u. the stat goes up every time he uses zanmato or wakasashi but goes down when he uses diago. It goes down when he is dismissed without doing anything or when he dies. It goes up when his overdrive guage fills. hope this helps people understand the mystery of yojimbo a bit more.

Ism
04-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Haemo is right, many variables affect Yojimbo but don't give up just coz he wont do it. If you pay him enough to do a Wakizashi (Single or All) then his relationship will go up, the more you do this the higher your chance of zanmato. At one point I used Yojimbo so much that if i payed him 1 gil he would do ethier Wakizashi Single, Wakizashi All or Zanmato.

Hope that helped.

Adios.

P.S Haemo if you read this, get mike to make me a new sig.

silent_ultima
05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
The cheapest way to get Yojimbo to perform Zanmato is, like a true ronin, to earn his TRUST. Once u've obtained him, summon him in most of your battle and pay him at least 100 G (more would be better). After, let's say u've paid him 10000 G and he performed Zanmato, reduce u'r number of Gil to, let's say... 9000 G. This is my way of gaining Yojimbo's trust. It's the same as the Magus Sisters. The more u summoned Yojimbo n Magus sisters, the more 'trust point' u'll gain, hence they will like u and perform their stronger attack.

Understand? I'm not good at explaining things...

rubah
05-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Actually, with the magus sisters, it's easy to just have mindy do as she wants until she uses passado, then just have her repeat her actions.

That and NEVER let sandy do as she wishes. Cindy can do whatever's needed-- usually casting autolife xD

works good for me, though.

and I don't htink the magus sisters have a compatibility meter.

silent_ultima
05-03-2005, 01:58 AM
they don't??

urmmm.. yeah i think u'r rite... they don't.. sorry...

Pouring Rain
05-11-2005, 02:00 AM
k. thanks for telling me.

Zanius
05-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Lady Rikku, I don't know if this can help but, you mentioned before that you are going to fight Seymour, when you are inside Sin. So here's the deal:

1 - You don't need Yojimbo. But if you still want to use him, you can go to the Omega Ruins; in there you can win a lot of gils, specially if you beat the fiend called mimic. It's also a good place to level up.

2 - Before you start the fight with Seymour, you can make your characters overdrive ready to attack this hated boss. Prepare also the aeon's overdrives also to give him good damage.

3 - Seymour isn't that hard especially when you know how to counter the elements he is using. First let me explain how his wheels work. Whenever you attack a wheel with magic it spins to the right, if you attack it physically it'll spin to the left. Now, if 3 orbs of the same colour are facing Seymour, he'll use Lv. 3 magic with that element 4 times. If only 2 orbs of the same colour are facing him, then he'll use Lv. 2 magic with that element twice. If no colours are the same, then he'll use Lv. 2 magic of the 4 elements only once. With that in mind, have Yuna cast NulBlaze on your party, since he uses Fire as his element by default. Then have Tidus cast Hastega, Auron use Armor and Mental Breaks and Lulu cast Blizzaga. And then you can also use the aeon's overdrives to finish him.

I hope that does the trick...

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Hate to break it to you, but I already beat him b4 you posted. Heck, b4 I last posted. But I am freakin scared and/or terrified of Braska's Final Aeon. I know. Its stupid.

Zanius
05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Hate to break it to you, but I already beat him b4 you posted. Heck, b4 I last posted. But I am freakin scared and/or terrified of Braska's Final Aeon. I know. Its stupid.

Ok too bad that I couldn't help... well can't blame me for try... ;) :D

I'm glad that you did it everything ok!

If you had any doubts... well... just call us! :)

lulusgirl
05-14-2005, 03:18 AM
The thing that i have learned is that you don't need luck,or trust to get good attacks off Yojimbo.Yojimbo's attack depend on how much you pay him,The HP of your enimy,His strength and the enimy's status elements.You need good information about your enimy to defeat it.I did this the whole game and it never let me down.Trust me,It always works.

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Could you give me an example Lu?

MoonZapdos
05-14-2005, 09:16 PM
It depends a lot in which monster are you facing and how long have you been using Yojimbo since you got him. Mine uses Zanmato at the start of the battle against almost every common monster without paying. Now if we're talking about bosses like Yunalesca you need to pay at least 500.000. Dark Aeons, 1.050.000 works for me. At the Monster Arena 750.000 can do fine too. If you really need money go fight Mimics at Omega Dungeon with the ability Gillionaire on a weapon of yours.

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Where can I find Gillionare armor. The closest thing I have to it is an Double AP sword for Tidus.

rubah
05-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I thought gillionaire was a weapon? and that rikku's celestial weapon had it.

Pouring Rain
05-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh. Godhand? Maybe I should go back into that ravine. Any other weapons?

MoonZapdos
05-15-2005, 02:11 AM
Corrected. *it IS weapons*
Use 30 Designer Wallets (bribed from Defender Z) on a weapon and you'll learn Gillionaire.
WEAPONS:
Tidus - Gilventure
Yuna - El Dorado
Lulu - Space Bandit
Rikku - Stickyfingers / Godhand
Wakka - Free Agent
Auron - Gilmonger
Kihmari - Prospector

SOURCE: GameFAQS

Pouring Rain
05-20-2005, 08:13 PM
I'll stick with Godhand. Can you fight Defender Z mulitple times or is it that one time before you go to Mt. Gagazet? Can you create him?