PDA

View Full Version : Music Video

Vyk
04-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Finally got a VGMV I made a long time ago uploaded. It's a good two years old. But I haven't worked in video editing in a long time so it's about the best I have to offer. And if I may reject my modesty I think it's pretty darn good considering I only had experience making one other worthwhile video at the time (FFIX actually, which I might release later). Now my hosting services allow for 25gigs a month of bandwidth. And it's 65mb. So really that shouldn't be a problem. But I honestly have no idea how well it can take being swamped with hits and huge amounts of downloading. So might I suggest a bit of car-pooling? Please, if you can share this with your friends, and want them to see it. Please send it to them yourself ^_^; Though it is close to the end of the month, so no matter how popular this is, I highly doubt I'd breach the bandwidth limit. Anyway. It's FF8. It's a music video. It has spoilers. Lots of them. And major ones. So be warned. And with that said. Here it is:

http://vykrom.net/FinalFantasyVIII-Vyk.mpg

Tigmafuzz
04-20-2005, 04:28 AM
cool!!!

Raven Nox
04-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Yes, as I said before I really enjoy it. n.n You did very well.

rubah
04-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Very nice.

It sorta drug on, but that's 'cause metallica likes seven minute long songsXD

You did a very nice job with the syncing of stuff like explosions (And you caught me by surprise, where I suspected something else in fmv to follow an anticipated accented note, and you pulled in another-- like when quistis lines up the big mechanical spider dude in her sightsXD That was good.)

you like to keep one piece of fmv playing for a little bit longer than you should, I think EADFAG suggests never any longer than five seconds, and it would've spiced it up to switch between two related scenes, but that's just me:)

Oh! and best thing of all, you picked an excellent song:D Metallica does a lot of western sounding songs, and this was one^_^ It fits how like a western I thought ff8 was when I saw my first fmv of it (which was to Kryptonite, another western-feeling song)

Very good job^_^ I wonder why the video quality dies when it goes to feature quistis' hairX.x;; that was weird.

soulICE
04-21-2005, 01:16 AM
nice video :)

but was there a shot of balamb garden being hit by the missles and blown up? just wondering if that was an alternate fmv included in the japanese or european versions of the game, or it was part of the plot itself. either way, now makes me think of what else has been cut out and not included in the american version :cry:

withered
04-21-2005, 02:39 AM
What program did you use?

Vyk
04-21-2005, 03:18 AM
All scenes were taken directly from my American FF8 o.O;; I used PsxMC to rip the footage and Adobe Premiere to make the music video ^_^

rubah
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
just wondering if that was an alternate fmv included in the japanese or european versions of the game,
it's an alternate ending if you don't do the missile base operation correctly or in time

Vyk
04-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Guess I always screw that up then lol... I liked it... added a needed dose of REAL drama instead of the whole teen angst thing.