PDA

View Full Version : My review for FF1

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Im so bored right now so I will write up my review for FF1
here goes....
FF1
Completly awesome. The first RPG i ever played. (bought it at a collectors shop for 5 bucks) I have it for NES,Gba, and ps1
Graphics: 8/10
The graphics were good at that time... but on the other versions they are even better.
Gameplay:10/10
This game will never get boring. You can pick a team at the beginning of the game (Warrior/Thief/Monk/WMage/BMage/RMage/) so theres a bunch of combinations. Also the replayability is excellent! You can make a party of one and beat the game or try odd parties for a challenge. There are a whole bunch of weapons, armor, and spells too.
Plot:1/10
The story doesn't compare to any other FF game. Its just so simple with no plot twists or anything like that.
Music:10/10
On the Nes the theme when you first step on the bridge, and the ending theme are both masterpieces. Even better in later versions.
Difficulty
NES:9/10
PS1:7/10
GBA:3/10
On nes you dont have a giant item pool. You have 4 spaces per character for weapons and armor. In later versions, you have a big place where all of your items go. Also on nes if 2 character target something, and one kills it, the 2nd character just whoofs his sword in the air.....that will make you swear increadbly at your tv. That was fixed later tho.
Overall:8/10
its just a great game.....

My name is...something..?
04-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Lol, a review coming out for it now?
You must be really bored to write a review for a game that's more than ten years old.

JaytodaP
04-20-2005, 05:14 AM
I know its past midnight, cant go out so whatareyagunnado

Venom65437
04-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey nothing wrong with writing a review and getting your thoughts out. There will always be someone who has never played it and wants people's opinions on games. I know if I'm on the edge about a game, I read reviews at gamefaqs. Anyway, I always find it interesting to see people's views of games and compare them to my own. I pretty much agree with your review Jay, but I don't think the game is THAT replayable, maybe a few times to try different jobs, but I dunno if I'd want to play it many, many times to hit every different combination. But then again, that probably has more to do with my style of play then anything.

Fireblade13
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I found out there are about 1554 different team combos if you include the triple, double and solo party's.

mihalis
05-13-2005, 02:49 AM
here's my review...

Graphics: ?/10 (who cares... Some of the best RPG's ever released were text-based...This one at least had graphics).

Plot: 5/10 (good for its time; compare to dragonquest 1 (a very simple yet enjoyable game, with much less plot).

Gameplay: 7/10 (not enough choices, but otherwise, very good!)

Sound/Music: 10/10 (not too monotonous... again, compare to dq1)

Overall: 8/10. One of the best FF games, but I don't give any of them 10/10, as my fave series is still the Questron/Legacy of the Ancients/Legend of Blacksilver series. LOTA was my first RPG, and I highly recommend it!