PDA

View Full Version : The banning of The Redneck

Sasquatch
04-20-2005, 05:58 AM
The most recent ban of "The Redneck", I would assume from reading the mod/admin edit of his post, was the result of him calling another member a "moron". However, this specific "other member" directly called everybody who posted in that thread (rather, I believe, everybody in the forum) a "moron". Not only did this other member do this, but he/she also directly insulted and disrespected Ronald Reagan. (Regarding a similar topic towards another person, Del Murder had this to say: "You know, there are ways of questioning the merit of a person in the eyes of his admirers without being disrespectful or a complete jerk about it.") I realize that this other member has most likely already been banned, but saying "I'm sure glad he's dead" and referring to him as a "worthless piece of crap" doesn't warrant an edit? And calling one person a moron needs to be edited, but calling every member of the forum a moron doesn't?

But apart from the edit-worthy topic, and on to the ban-worthy topic. How is calling one person a moron, in obvious sarcastic response to the same insult, worthy of an automatic ban, when so many worse insults are floating around that are spoken as serious insults?

Del Murder
04-20-2005, 06:05 AM
The Redneck was banned for a justifiable reason. If other people are making similar comments, please use the warn button when you see such insults and we will deal with them.

eestlinc
04-20-2005, 06:06 AM
I EoEO-banned Moose Knight for his comments and sent him a PM with my feelings on it. That's all that needs to be said on that. I can't speak for other member(s) of staff involved in The Redneck's banning.

The Captain
04-20-2005, 06:07 AM
I think that Sasquatch has a very good point with regards to editing of the posts.

Take care all.

The Redneck
04-20-2005, 06:09 AM
It seems Del's got his eye on me; I'll have to be careful not to reply to insults.

But in EoFF's defense, the other fellow also has "No Eyes on Each Other for me" in his tag, which I assume means he also got a ban.

Sasquatch
04-20-2005, 06:10 AM
The Redneck was banned for a justifiable reason. If other people are making similar comments, please use the warn button when you see such insults and we will deal with them.

Would you like me to click the "warn" button every time I see an insult directed towards somebody I agree with, or myself? Because if that's the case, you're going to have a lot of "warn"ings coming your way. The question is, will they, and how will they, be dealt with?

Del Murder
04-20-2005, 06:11 AM
I have my eye on everyone. Or no one.

Sasquatch: They will be dealt with as the staff sees fit. I'm sorry but I can't be any less vague than that, because they are on a case by case basis. Every warned post gets looked at by a moderator.