PDA

View Full Version : DW TRIVIA

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
This is a dw trivia thread.[duh]
1.Sone1 asks a question
2.Then ppl try answering
3.If they dont confirm the answer, ill confirm if its right.
4.whoever got it goes.
5.If its ure turn to post a question, u have a 5-day limit.If u dont post 1 in 5 days, its some1 elses turn.
Ill start.
What are 3 of the 5 tiger generals?

crashNUMBERS
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Zhao yun, ma chao, and guan yu...

And the other 2...

Zheng fei and the old man...

Psychotic
04-20-2005, 05:49 PM
the old man...You mean Huang Zhong? :p

Call me crazy but I seem to remember Wei Yan being one too. But I dunno, I might have just invented that because I'm...crazy. Yeah. :D

Destai
04-20-2005, 06:17 PM
You mean thses guys?

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 06:32 PM
crash is right.zhao yun, ma chao,huang zhong, zhang fei, and guan yu. and wei yan was nvr a tiger general.

crashNUMBERS
04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
What year did zhao yun die??

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
229, and my mistake, wei yan continued the line of the 5 tiger generals

crashNUMBERS
04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Correct. I do kinda hate how even though he died but in 3 he still faught in the final battle...

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
wat is guan yu's special weapon

Lord Chainsaw
04-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Aww, dang. I clicked on this thread ready to come in here and kick ass, but to my dismay, DW stands for Dynasty Warriors and not Dragon Warrior.

Such is life.

crashNUMBERS
04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey then make a dragon warrior trivia thread...

Spammerman
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
okay, back on subject, any1 know the answer to my question?

18Darkdragon
04-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Do u mean his lvl 10 weapon? i think its blue moon dragon, im sure im right.

Spammerman
04-21-2005, 02:08 AM
yep, ure go, and bak to my p.m., do u know where i can get a zhao yun avatar, or ma chao.

Mo-Nercy
04-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Call me crazy but I seem to remember Wei Yan being one too. But I dunno, I might have just invented that because I'm...crazy. Yeah. :D
Wei Yan is definitely on par with the Five Tiger Generals. His exploits were just as great as the other five. The only reason why he wasn't a Tiger General is because Zhuge Liang didn't like him and if you read Moss Robert's afterword, you'd know even that explanation is a bit off.

The way he died is way cool though. OWNED!

yep, ure go, and bak to my p.m., do u know where i can get a zhao yun avatar, or ma chao.
Might want to try kongming.net. A plethora of Three Kingdoms stuff there. A lot of Dynasty Warriors too. Interesting stuff.

Doesn't appear to be an active question right now. So I'll pitch one:

Q: Who's the "Emperor" type character that, according to the novel, died in Chapter 7?

18Darkdragon
04-21-2005, 03:51 AM

Yea go to like Ign.com or just look up DW5 in a search engine and go to one of the sites that pop up.

Ok back to my question, Hows does Liu Bei die?

Spammerman
04-21-2005, 08:02 AM
2 answer both questions, i think sun jian dies from multiple arrow wounds, and a huge stone landing on his head,he was 37 at death, and both him and his steed wer killed., and liu bei passed away from sickness, because there was a unhealthy summer. He ded at like63 ,4th month 24th day(april 24th if they followed our calender

theundeadhero
04-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Aww, dang. I clicked on this thread ready to come in here and kick ass, but to my dismay, DW stands for Dynasty Warriors and not Dragon Warrior.
I'm glad you pointed that out because I was sitting here like, wtf, must be talking about Dragon Warrior 6 or something. :eek:

Meat Puppet
04-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Dang. I was hoping that all those hours on DW3 would be paying off right now. :(

18Darkdragon
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
so whos turn is it now?

Spammerman
04-21-2005, 07:05 PM
18DarkD, did i answer ure question, liu bei died from sickness?

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah ur right, sorry about that. Your turn....

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 04:04 AM
its ok and is it ok if i call u DarkD?

For my question, What 5 characters are on the cover of the case of dw 5? Look hard...

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Yea its fine, i think its Zhang Fei, Guan yu, Zhoa Yun, Xing Cai, and Guan Ping.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
actually theres only 4, but ure right anyways, even without guanping.

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Yea I just guessed the guan ping part, but anyway. What force out of Wei, Wu, and Shu comes out on top.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 09:23 PM
wu i think, but they were later conquered by the jin dynasty.

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 10:14 PM
I thought it was Wei. Im not to sure ill have to look it up again.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 10:16 PM
im positive its wu, cause i looked it up at threekingdoms.com
last chapter says wu and wu was beaten by jin dynasty

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 10:20 PM
You know what Ill give it to you, becuase Jing did beat Wu, I just wasn't sure when it happened. All yours.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 10:39 PM
WHere were guan yu and guan ping killed/captured?

18Darkdragon
04-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Ill let someone else anwser this.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 11:08 PM
u can if u want. Its a real easy 1.

Mo-Nercy
04-23-2005, 04:29 AM
What force out of Wei, Wu, and Shu comes out on top.
That's sort of a trick question. Neither of the three "comes out on top", they all lose in some way. The Liu clan lost Shu due to poor advisery from one, Huang Hao. The Sun clan never found the right replacement for Sun Quan, and the last Emperor embarked on a rule of tyranny. The Cao clan fell to the Sima. But of the three, the one that lasts the longest is Wu, but not because it was military stronger.

Jiang Wei of Shu had made nine expeditions into the Land Within Passes, and before him Zhuge Liang made six. Of the fifteen, not one succeeded. Even so, it would have been very annoying to have someone bully your border fifteen times over a period of twenty years. To leave Jiang Wei unchecked would have been stupid, so the first priority for both Wei and Jin empires was to eliminate Shu. Also, Wu was famous for it's northern defense. The Great River combined with their superiorly trained navy repeled Wei six times (might not have been that much), so naturally Jin would not have wanted to face Wu straight away. By the time Shu surrendered, most officers and generals of Jin were satisfied to leave it at that. War was the last thing anyone wanted in the north, they were just plain sick of it. And across the river in Wu, it was apparent that the tyrannical leadership of Sun Hao (might not be Hao) had weakened the empire severely. So even though Jin made a half-assed attempt in fighting the Wu forces, they still won really easily.

Oh..And Guan Yu and Guan Ping were captured at Fan by Lu Meng. Sun Quan then made the stupid decision to kill them.

Q: Who's final weapon do you get in DW3 by running through the Stone Warrior's Maze?

And here's a historical based Three Kingdoms (but non-DW) question for bonus brownie points:

Q: How does Wei Yan die (according to the popular Mao version of the novel)?

Spammerman
04-24-2005, 02:05 AM
im taking a stab in the dark but lu xun.

and i think wei yan dies because during wu zhang plains, zhuge liang is praying, and his lamp of fate or somethin is glowing brightly, then wei yan rushes in screaming "The wei soldiers are upon us."Then in the rush, he knocks out the lamp and jiang wei killed him.

Mo-Nercy
04-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Right and Wrong. So no bonus points for you, but go on and ask the next question.

Jiang Wei, according to the novel, was tempted to kill Wei Yan but Zhuge Liang said that it was preordained and that Wei Yan was not the blame. But knowing that Wei Yan would soon defect once he died, Zhuge Liang left behind a plan in a brocade bag for his successor who's name just slips my mind (Yang something). He also gave Ma Dai secret orders on his deathbed. When Zhuge Liang eventually died and Wei Yan defected, Ma Dai asked to join him, saying he too had always held a grudge against Yang whatever. Yang-guy opened the brocade bag when Wei Yan threatened him outside city gates. He said to Wei Yan: "If you dare to shout out 'Who dares slay me?' three times, I'll give this entire region to you." Wei Yan only managed to say it once before Ma Dai struck him down from behind.

Spammerman
04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
oooo.ANyways, i only guessed lu xun cause even though i twas related to dw 3, in dw 5, ku xun is always tryin to defeat the stone sentinel maze.
What beast represents each kingomd(and give the color)

18Darkdragon
04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Shu- Dragon
Wu- Tiger
Wei- Phoneix

Spammerman
04-25-2005, 04:33 AM
very good, but for future reference darkd, its spelleed pheonix

18Darkdragon
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Yea I just missed spelled it, anyway.
How many children does Cao Coa have and what are there names?

Spammerman
04-26-2005, 10:13 PM
im takin a stab in the drak but i thinkn 3.
CAo Mai
Cao PI and daughter in law Zhen Ji

and plzzz click on my sig...

18Darkdragon
04-27-2005, 12:42 AM
You got one of them but still, theres many more.

Mo-Nercy
04-28-2005, 03:10 AM
very good, but for future reference darkd, its spelleed pheonix
It's spelt Phoenix.

The novel itself speaks only of 5. Cao Ang, died at Wan. Cao Pi, his successor who had to deviously steal favour from the third son, Cao Zhi, noted throughout Chinese history for his poetry (he was the one who wrote the famous poem that incites Zhou Yu to take up arms against Cao Cao because it says that Cao Cao came for the Qiaos. However, the truth is that Zhuge Liang editted the poem slightly so that the word "qiao" meaning "bridge" was replaced by the surname of his wife. Good stuff.) Cao Zhang is a pretty successful general, fighting mostly in the northern Hanzhong region. And Cao Xiong, another general.

However, history states that Cao Cao could have had anywhere between 20 to 25 sons due to his many concubines. The commonly accepted number is 25, I believe.

18Darkdragon
04-28-2005, 10:05 PM
You really know a lot about this stuff huh? Anyways you got it's right so it your turn.

Mo-Nercy
05-01-2005, 06:02 AM
It was supposed to be my big-time project for the completion of my history extension subject towards my HSC.

List three reasons why Zhou Yu advocated for battle against Cao Cao at Red Cliffs (Chi Bi) instead of surrender.

18Darkdragon
05-11-2005, 03:15 AM
I dont understand the question can you refrase it?

Mo-Nercy
05-11-2005, 03:26 AM
I dont understand the question can you refrase it?
When Cao Cao said he wanted to attack the Southland of Wu, half the officers and officials wanted to surrender and the other half wanted to fight. The decision was left up to Zhou Yu, as Commander in Chief. And when decided to announce that the Southland would stand and fight, he listed several reasons why. He was also influenced by certain other people. I can't really say anymore or I'd be giving it away. So when Cao Cao came down to Chi Bi with a million man army, why did Zhou Yu decide to fight? Give three reasons.

18Darkdragon
05-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Thank for refrasing the sentence, but i still dont know the answer.

Mo-Nercy
05-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Okay.

Possible Answers:
- The climate. The south was known for being much warmer and Cao Cao's men suffered from sickness coming down from the north.
- Cao Zhi's poem, which threatened to take the two Qiaos to the north and install them in the Bronze Bird Tower Cao Cao had built for them. This angered Zhou Yu.
- Cao Cao's men were mostly from the north and unaccustomed to naval warfare. Zhou Yu, however, was a master of naval strategy.
- Cao Cao, upon deciding to attack the south, was taking a huge risk leaving Ma Teng unchecked to the west.
- Zhou Yu had made a promise to his former lord, Sun Ce, that he would never submit the south to Cao Cao. Sun Ce had, on his deathbed, insisted that all external matters should be referred to Zhou Yu. To just simply surrender would have gone against that dying wish.

I'll ask an easier question:

How did Zhou Yu die?

18Darkdragon
05-16-2005, 08:27 PM
He died from an arrow wound that never healed right.

18Darkdragon
05-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Mo-Nercy did I get it right?

Mo-Nercy
05-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah you did.

Spammerman
06-14-2005, 12:16 AM
since darkd hasnt asked a question in so long ill ask the next one.Wat kind of weapon do lu bu and yue ying use

Mo-Nercy
06-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Lawnmowing implements of doom. Pointy things at the end of long rod things.

Actually, Lu Bu's weapon progression states that his weapon is a halberd and that Yue Ying's is a spear. However, given the shape of Yue Ying's rather unique weapon, it's more like a scythe than a spear (it stabs and slashs in a slashing motion), so I don't think that makes it a spear in particular. And a halberd is defined as an axe blade with a spear point. Yue Ying's attacking motion can be related to that of swinging a halberd/axe but the damage is stabbity.

Final answer: Halberd (I got confused :mad: )

Spammerman
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
yup your go