PDA

View Full Version : How bout that full metal alchemist

PoIsOnCoNcEpTiOn
04-20-2005, 04:30 PM
So freaking awesome, perfect mix of action comedy and those unexpected twist u never see coming.

FiragaBreak
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I say sometimes it could be scary, fuuny, and depressing. *starts to cry* Why Ed? Why couldn't you tell Al?

Ed: Yea I remember when Al was crying when he dropped his birthday cake....Remember?
Al: Shut up.
Ed: What's wrong with you?
Al: Why can't I remember anything about my life.
Ed:.....But Al. Your my brother.
Al: What if I'm not your so-called brother?
Ed:.....
Al: What if I'm not the real Alfonzo you knew?
Ed: But you're are you.
Al: What about my so-called memories? Why can't I remember anything?
Ed:.....

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Good show. HORRIBLE DUB. Damn do I ever hate Fuc-imation. They screw everything up big time. Why couldn't bandai have picked it up? They usually do a good job.

For the record, I have seen the whole series and can't wait for the movie this summer. July baby. I just hope the subbers get a bootleg copy fast. I saw some pictures of what the characters look like now and it looks interesting. Can't wait.

Shoden
04-20-2005, 11:07 PM
it probably wont get to the Uk for another 3 years it lookd brilliant

edczxcvbnm
04-20-2005, 11:10 PM

Why don't you just download it?

Crazy the Clown
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist? That show is doooope!

FiragaBreak
04-21-2005, 06:23 PM
You dope to man!

Destai
04-21-2005, 06:24 PM

Why don't you just download it?I would if I knew where I could download it from.

Jebus
04-21-2005, 06:28 PM
www.boxtorrents.com

You can get all 51 episodes there. Twas where I got mine.

Shoden
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
dloaded it wont open what torrent software do i need

Shoeberto
04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Love it. If I felt like downloaded ten gigs, I'd download it, but there's a certain amount of charm to having a Saturday night ritual watching it on Adult Swim.

I don't think the dub is that bad. Not amazing, but not bad.

Sepho
04-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Good show. HORRIBLE DUB. Damn do I ever hate Fuc-imation. They screw everything up big time. Why couldn't bandai have picked it up? They usually do a good job.

I've only seen a few dubbed episodes and while I didn't think it was horrible, it wasn't that great. I've seen worse dubs, but I've seen better, too.

For the record, I have seen the whole series and can't wait for the movie this summer. July baby. I just hope the subbers get a bootleg copy fast. I saw some pictures of what the characters look like now and it looks interesting. Can't wait.

Same boat. I wasn't as unhappy with the series ending as everyone else, but I'm still looking forward to the movie. I'mma go look for those pictures.

Sephex
04-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, thanks to ed, I have seen it all as well. I don't watch it on Cartoon Network because the English voices are terrible, and this is coming from someone who can stand a lot of BAD voice acting.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I watch it as it comes on Adult Swim each week. I actually rather like the dub. I mean, there aren't any voices I hate or anything. My only complaint is that Envy sounds like an old chain-smoking broad, but that's pretty minor, really.

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 04:23 AM
fullmetal alchemist is one of my favorite animes.Me and my friend daniela watch it all the time.

PoIsOnCoNcEpTiOn
04-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Love it. If I felt like downloaded ten gigs, I'd download it, but there's a certain amount of charm to having a Saturday night ritual watching it on Adult Swim.

I don't think the dub is that bad. Not amazing, but not bad.

I totally agree with the ritual thing. we always go to my friends house and watch it every saturday on the big screen

Spammerman
04-22-2005, 08:19 PM
its just fun to watch.

DragonflyLex
04-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah, thanks to ed, I have seen it all as well. I don't watch it on Cartoon Network because the English voices are terrible, and this is coming from someone who can stand a lot of BAD voice acting.

Ed had me and Sephex watching that show.

I love that show. I don't watch it on Cartoon Network though because of the english voices.

TasteyPies
04-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Havn't missed an episode. I have a friend and everyday one of us says, "How bout that full metal alchemist" so that thread title made me laugh out loud.

XxSephirothxX
04-28-2005, 01:57 AM
From what I've seen of it I'd say it was decent, though nothing profound or amazing.

Optium
04-28-2005, 01:58 AM
About to watch ep 48. Got them from Box Torrents. At episode 40 and
beyond it's just like CONSTANT CLIMAX! Hooty hoo..... ;\

Also please note that you can't really judge a full series based on a few
episodes. I borrowed Bebop from my friend Greg and only the first half of
the episodes on each disc worked, so I missed pretty much all the episodes
about Vicious. It was good, I said, but not as good as Trigun. Then I got a
new DVD player and borrowed it again after he forced me to take it back,
up until I bought Vision of Escaflowne it was my favorite anime of all time,
it's still very very close to my number 1, but I think Escaflowne just beat
it.

.opt

edczxcvbnm
04-28-2005, 03:24 AM
You think 48 is awsome?! What for the fuck loop they throw you for at the end of 49!

Optium
04-28-2005, 03:55 AM
Eh, 48 was crap. It was sort of a valley between the plateaus of
awesomeness starting at 40, but 48 seems to have been somewhat less
exciting than the previous for a single reason: to create an intense
density of awesomness in eps 49-51 hitherto unknown to the people of
this area, but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your
mythology. Here it goes. The circular motion!

Rub it!

(tomorrow I shall watch the rest. and poop myself.)

.opt

edczxcvbnm
04-28-2005, 06:13 PM
I honestly can't remember what goes down in 48. 49-51 are awesome. I thought the ending was really good and wraps up most all the loose ends(got to have a few ends around for the movie :D )

black orb
05-04-2005, 08:09 AM
>>> Fine anime series, I`ve watched only 33 episodes though.
I read the manga first so the anime was a let down with all the filler eps and the lack of hardcore action the manga had.
anyways FMA still a great anime.

fuuijinmon zell
05-05-2005, 03:57 AM
I haven't even seen more than 5 full episodes, but even so it's awesome... mustang rules!