PDA

View Full Version : Cerberus is getting on my nerves... (HELP!)

*~Nirvana~*
04-21-2005, 05:10 AM
It's probably been my 4th attempt at beating Cerberus but he just kills me within the first 30 seconds of battle and its really really getting me frustrated :hot:

I can't use dispel because i dont have any and that 3-headed dog just keeps casting triple on itself and i can't do anything about it and soon enough he's already wiped me out. My question is how can i beat cerberus without using dispel or if that's not gonna be possible, where can i get myself some dispel spells?

is cerberus even worth getting in the first place? Do i really need it? If hes just gonna be of no use to me then im just gonna stuff the whole thing before i lose my sanity

Raven Nox
04-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Well, all Cerberus does is cast double and triple on the party, you should decide if you want that or not, it can come handy sometimes, but I never really needed him. You you do want him, you can always check out gamefaqs.com or something, they should help you beat him with dispels, I doubt every FF8 faq on that site says the same thing.

My name is...something..?
04-21-2005, 05:24 AM
You don't really need Cerberus at all. I think after I got him I only used him on the last fight with Edea, and that was it. I get it whenever I play because it allows you to junction more stuff to your characters. As for beating Cerberus, I use Carbuncle to the max, in that fight. The poor little thing takes a beating in that fight.

(BTW, Gullwing, your sig rocks)

Raven Nox
04-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I only used him for junctioning also, it's a waste of time getting him really, the battle is kinda annoying and it's not worth it after ward except for junctioning, and you can live without his junctioning, so I suggest skipping him, it's not worth it in my opinion

(Yeah... Sierra awesome... so is Suikoden... your avatar is Jowy right? I just wanna know as... I've kinda been wondering, I'm pretty sure, but hey, why not ask)

04-21-2005, 05:37 AM
If your really having a hard time, and Carbuncle can't get you through it, I can help you out! You just need to tell me your characters levels!

(Nah, it's McDohl, the hero from the first Suikoden, but the picture in my avatar is from the second one, because it looks better. You can only get him in Suiko 2 if you have save data from the first one. He's one of the best character's in the game so it's worth it)

Raven Nox
04-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Really? I didn't really use Carbuncle... but now that I think yes, Carbuncle works XD I don't use Carbuncle much ether, but I used him more than cerberus.

(Oh... well, I never played the first Suikoden...only the 2nd and 3rd, but I really want the 4th... I need to find the 1st...and man he looks alot like Jowy o.O Ok... shutting up now XD)

04-21-2005, 05:43 AM
Yep, Carbuncle,was my saving glory, the first time I played through, he can get you out of a lot of tight spots.

(Funny you should say that because he fights with a staff, just like Jowy, I can send you a picture of both of them, if you wanna compare them. I always thought Jowy looked like Teresa, the mayor of Greenhill)

*~Nirvana~*
04-21-2005, 06:12 AM
If your really having a hard time, and Carbuncle can't get you through it, I can help you out! You just need to tell me your characters levels

.....Carbuncle? So you're saying that i should use ruby light? thats actually a really good idea!! why didnt i think of it earlier, how stupid of me! THANKS sooooooooooo much :ty: (I cant remember my character's lvls off the top of my head but if carbuncle doesnt work i think im gonna flag it)

EDIT: I've tried using Carbuncle but Cerberus just uses dispel to counter it and then after he uses dispel, he uses thundaga... Sometimes one of the characters havent been 'dispelled' so it reflects back to him but thunder magic cures him so its really not working out for me. I'm seriously considering giving up on him but i have a feeling that i might regret this decision later on

angelofhell1028
04-21-2005, 08:12 AM
sigh* the oh so easy boss...
"doesn't anyone here know about GF's?" :whoa:
o well...
I've finished Cerberus of in the first round... ^_^
well, a level 30+ Squall (strentgh at 100+ preferably, 150+), yellow life;
a level 28+ Rinoa (w/ meltdown);
a backup level 28+ Zell (full life);
let Rinoa cast meltdown & Squall pummel w/ his limit break...
Cerberus'll be done for sure....
alternatively, max all character's luck (w/c will take a longer time)...
battle Cerberus & press select as fast as you can...
Odin will appear for an easy Zantetsuken...

Bahumat
04-21-2005, 09:02 AM
I junctioned thunder magic to element defense, i either absorbed it or was not effected! Then I blasted that sucker with GFs and overdrives. Boost works wonders on him.

Dispel is better, though. Unfortunatly, I forget where to get it. Sorry. :(

Delta
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Cerberus is easy as long as you can kill him quick so start training.

Try to get 9999 damage in before he can start annoying you but besides that he's easy.

By the way...

Cerberus:
Health:9999 (around that much)
Weakness:Thunder

rubah
04-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Cerberus has the second to only speed junctioning. And the other junction slots are alot more useful than pandemona's. Get him.

Cerberus allows you to kill a marlboro with <6 turns of magic use. (demi ad infinitum? and I rounded that for the 142k hp they have for 9999x3 for demi then other spells when demi falls behind xD $calc could always be wrong^_^)

But he can be more than useful if you use him right. I'd get him for the speed junctioning alone. not to mention auto-haste.

the lynch clone
04-22-2005, 08:39 AM
i have a foolproof way of not using magic (besides aura and meltdown) and only using GFs 2 times in the whole game. if you wanna know how, i can send an email. my strength when fighting cerberus is usually around 180-190.

sayen
04-22-2005, 11:59 AM
3 things for beating cerbrus

1 squall has atleast 9999 hp and has gunblade 2 or 3
2 meltdown
3 aura

cast aura on squall while zell uses meltdown then use resukun a few times if that fails try to use sephies spell called The End its a near death move so be careful

Delta
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
9999hp?.

I was around 6000hp on my first play through you definitly don't need that much.

sayen
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
well if your not gonna use reflect or any opf the cure items it helps to have as much hp as possible so 5-6 k will be enught if you wanna risk dieing

Destai
04-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Id definitely get him. Triple and Double are extremely useful. Id try to wipe him out with your GF's if you're having trouble.

Delta
04-22-2005, 11:14 PM
I didn't really use Cerberus at all I only used him during *Spoiler Probably look away from the stars if you haven't finished 8*Adel*****

where I found a use for him....

Then again I like collecting all GF.

TasteyPies
04-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Keep trying and figure out your own stratagy. Excercise your mind and have fun with the challenge. Thats how you beat Cerberus

*~Nirvana~*
04-23-2005, 01:08 AM
3 things for beating cerbrus

1 squall has atleast 9999 hp and has gunblade 2 or 3
2 meltdown
3 aura

cast aura on squall while zell uses meltdown then use resukun a few times if that fails try to use sephies spell called The End its a near death move so be careful

...9999 hp :eek: ?!? My Squall only had about 1500 hp when i fought cerberus... Is it possible for me to come back to Cerberus later in the game like in disc 4? I'm sick of fighting it 4 times in a row to no avail :mad:

sayen
04-23-2005, 01:18 PM
there is one very easy way to get about 6000-9999 hp junction curaga and get hp bonus. you only realy need meltdown and aura but you need to be about level 32+ to get meltdown from bombs

Delta
04-23-2005, 10:08 PM
YIKES!, only 1500 hp?.
You really are in trouble, you need a LOT of health.
Oh and by the way,no it's not possible to come back to cerberus.

*~Nirvana~*
04-24-2005, 01:30 AM
YIKES!, only 1500 hp?.

Lol... :eep: Figures... I had a feeling this was coming, I really do suck at junctioning but I'm working on it right now, leveling up, etc. Just curious and I also wanna know how much I really suck - what was your Squall's hp when you fought Cerberus? More than 1500, I bet...

sayen
04-24-2005, 01:34 AM
1 are you a girl?

2 about 6000 beacuse i hatent got hp plus 80% yet

*~Nirvana~*
04-24-2005, 02:03 AM
1 are you a girl?

2 about 6000 beacuse i hatent got hp plus 80% yet

Yea, I'm a girl.

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 04:24 AM
YIKES!, only 1500 hp?.

While I don't want to encourage the Cerberus battle to be skipped, the above statement is only partially true. While that specific battle cannot happen later in the game, Cerberus can be Drawn from Gargantua in the final dungeon (further details would constitute spoilers, and will not be listed).

There are a number of strategies that can prove effective in the battle against Cerberus. Depending on your (and therefore, by extension, Cerberus') level, you may be able to Draw Triple from him. This might prove useful in the fight. Also, if you have any Quake spells, I would recommend Junctioning them to Elemental Defense. Summon your GF's (except for Quezacotl, which will be absorbed, and Pandemona, which will be nullified) and hack away. Cerberus will never have more than 10000 HP at any level, so it shouldn't be too difficult to finish it off.

Delta
04-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Gargantua yeah I forgot about him, my HP was at 8000+ (I train too much).

sayen
04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
i think the best way to beat any boss is meltdown and cast aura on sqaull and resuken resuken if aura efect is dispeled recast use seplhes limit full-cure and repeat till either you or it is dead cerbus is easy that way

tranvanhieu
05-02-2005, 05:05 AM
You can beat Cerberus,I can guarantee,so please be patient!
First thing first,you must have many powerful magics to "Junction".
Can you tell me what you have got?
Since you are inside Galbadia Garden(GG),you can't go to world map to get magics you lack,I can only tell you about magics there are in the GG.
There are some enemies around Cerberus's place .Try to draw 300 each to juction(for three characters).
"DeathClaw" with level 30 and above has
Tornado(junction to HP or Str)
Dispel(Spr)
Bio
"Tri-Face" lv>=30,
Pain(Status ATtack or Defend)
Stop
Slow
Flare(Strength)(Powerful)
Besides,inside GG there are some monsters ,too.
Robo(Haste,Slow,Stop) (Junction to Spd)
Creep(Thundaga),(Life)
One type don't remember the name :Thundaga,Firaga,Blizzaga
Find out more yourself.

Inthe battle,you should cast Haste ,Protect and Shell (I think you have).To prevent "EarthQuake" you can cast "Float" ,when you flying,EarthQuake will miss.Dispel everytimes he cast Triple.
Don't attack him with Thunder or Quake or he'll absord all.
Cerberus attacks poorly,all his power concentrate on magics especiallly "Quake",since you can prevent this Magic,beating him is not a problem.
I you still can't win,tell me!I'll do my best to help!

If there is a will ,there is a way!
Don't give up so soon,Nirvana.You can beat Creberus,that's for sure!
mail me if you still have problem tranvan_hieu86@yahoo.com

EDIT: Use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder