PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding yodle yodle

Croyles
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Does anybody here like Snowboarding or Skiing? I just recently went to Austria/St Anton with my brother and a friend and it was brilliant, ive been a few times before and i can now already do kickers and some rails! Ive got some great pictures but unfortunetly they are too big to upload :monster:onto this forum.

So does anybody else like some sort of wintersport? Have you ever been? Where, when and how was it?

Brian The Pink Shark
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM
i like both snowboarding and skiing, last time i went snowboarding though i really hurt myslef so i prefer skiing, there is a dry ski slope one town up from were i live so i can easily go there when i want to, ive only skiied on snow twice but they were both brilliant times :choc:

Croyles
04-21-2005, 06:31 PM
i like both snowboarding and skiing, last time i went snowboarding though i really hurt myslef so i prefer skiing

Ouchie I hope it wasnt TOO bad!

I remember one injury before i gave up skateboarding (a bit off topic i know but hey): I ollied to do a boardslide on a pretty low rail, unfortunetly some twerp thought it would be funny if he overwaxed the bar, i didnt have enough speed and my board slid backwards under my feet, somehow i didnt manage to stop the fall with both my arms and instead i fell on my dead straight left arm...... SNAP!!! I lay screaming for a few seconds until the pain stopped from the adrenaline rush, but my arm looked scary as hell!! It was all bent and wobbly. Anyway, that screwed up my whole summer. Now back to snowboarding. Ive never had any injuries in snowboarding so its looking good for me!

Brian The Pink Shark
04-21-2005, 06:38 PM
im obviously not as skilled as you :D but i did get quite a bad injury (nearly broke my knee) some people had decided to run across the slope when iwas on my way down and didnt have time to stop properly :choc:

Croyles
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM
ouch! god damn slope pedestrians!

EDIT: I just realised this should have gone into "The Lounge"

Jojee
04-21-2005, 09:03 PM
I think the lounge means sports as in professional sports but I could be wrong xD

I went skiing like a couple times umm.... 7 years ago? it was awesome. I wish I could go again. :)

Ism
04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Never been wintersporting and dont really wanna go. I think it would be good fun. Anyone tried bungee jumping.....well i havent....but it would be fun to, not that i want to.

Halifax Housewife
04-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I've been snowboarding now for about 2 and a half years. I normally go to Ski Martock, here in Nova Scotia, but this has been a really crappy and short winter, so instead I'll be going to Whistler, BC, next March. I'm looking forward to that. :p

Nod
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I snowboard. went to Italy a few months ago, twas pretty awesome.

actually, it was, LIEK TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!1!!1!!

Del Murder
04-23-2005, 02:28 AM
I've been before. It's pretty fun, but I can't ever get the energy up to go do it again.

Yamaneko
04-23-2005, 02:29 AM
If snowboarding is anything like it is in FF7 I'll have to try it one of these days.

Shlup
04-23-2005, 02:34 AM
I hate snowboarding. Hate, hate, hate it.

Kirobaito
04-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Last time I went I made it up to Tricky.