PDA

View Full Version : Now I can't beat Plague!(FFIV)

JaytodaP
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay now plague is giving me a problem. He casts DOOM on my whole party. Can you cure it or do you have to kill him in ten counts. My characters are on LV 50 at least maybe higher if it helps.(LV 55, 53, 51, 51, 50.)

liknsmak
04-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Go into the battle with some people dead(keep rosa alive!) and when he casts doom, within the final 3 seconds have rosa revive someone. He recasts Doom on the party, so there's 10 seconds. Repeat until you've killed him.

Cybele
04-21-2005, 11:15 PM
I beat him in the ten seconds. Just have Rydia use Levia, have Rosa cast White, and have Kain jump. Just have Cecil fight and have Edge throw stuff. If you're lucky, Kain will be up in the air when he casts doom. But Kain would have to get his turn first. Hope that helps some.

Sasquatch
04-22-2005, 03:13 AM
Same here, I don't think I've ever had to worry about outlasting the Doom counter. As has been said, just have Rydia use her strongest summon--Leviathan, Bahamut, whatever--and the rest use their best attacks, it shouldn't be too slow.

JaytodaP
04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Killedem...
In fact I went on to beat the game! :)

Sasquatch
04-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Congratulations.

Now you just have to go back through and find every secret, every hidden thing, every bonus. :D Even the Adamant Armor.

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Man, Adamant Armor makes me cry. :(

Masamune·1600
04-23-2005, 07:53 AM
You'll smile when you get it, though.

mihalis
04-23-2005, 08:08 AM
... okay if you have an Alarm (which you can steal from "Alerts" (i believe) in the Tower of Bab-il), it will at least give you a chance at getting Adamant Armor. I managed to do it once, but it took me about four hours and I died many times along the way. Those pink puffs are next to impossible (because you have almost no control over the battle). Every chance I got, I used the most devastating attack I could (Bahamut, Meteo, Holy, and Kain's Jump came in handy). Adamant Armor makes the game almost too easy though.... If and when you manage to get it, give it to Rosa! It will virtually guarantee that she is kept alive, thus keeping the rest of your party alive.

Sasquatch
04-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I heard that there's only one special room where Pink Puffs live, and that there's only a 1/64 chance that a random battle in that room will be with a Pink Puff, and that there's only a 1/64 chance that the Pink Puffs will give up the Pink Tail, so that's...what...like 1/4000 chances? Taking a wihle is unerstandable. But hell, if that's what you're going for, then at least you'll gain quite a bit of experience while you're doing it.

I've only fought one set of Pink Puffs (they're like the Flan/Pudding/Etc.), and they didn't give the damn tail to me, so I gave up on it. That took long enough. They were tough, but not extremely difficult.

I also found a special weapon for Rydia that I didn't remember being in the SNES version...something like "Serpent" or "Snake" or something like that, I believe, but I can't remember exactly.

Captain Maxx Power
04-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Probably the Dragon whip, as dropped by Blue Dragons.

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 05:55 AM
In terms of pure mathematics, it's a 1/4096 chance. As previously mentioned, Alarms can make the process much easier, although you still have only a 1/64 or so chance.

Sasquatch
04-25-2005, 03:57 AM
If you use an Alarm, can you specifically call Pink Puffs? 'Cause if not--if it just calls any random enemies--it'd still be the 1/4096 chance, because you'd have to include the chances of getting Pink Puffs.

If Alarms can call Pink Puffs, I'm gonna stock up on 'em before I go there next time I play through it.

Masamune·1600
04-25-2005, 04:03 AM
From what I understand, when in that room, they do call Pink Puffs. I wasn't aware of this the last time I played FFIV, though, so I'll have to wait until I'm home for the summer to personally verify it.

abrojtm
04-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Alarms are only existant in the original (non-US) version of FFIV. There is one room (and supposedly one tile) that Pink Puffs appear on, and they always appear in groups of four. Therefore, in each battle with a party of Pink Puffs, you have a 1/16 chance of getting a Pink Tail. Have fun with that one.

eestlinc
04-25-2005, 04:38 AM
I always liked that battle with Plague. My goal in most FF games is to build a party that can do a lot of damage fast, so these battles are a nice challenge.