PDA

View Full Version : Clouds birthday?

Croyles
04-21-2005, 09:28 PM
in the final fantasy 7 game manual it says clouds birthday is on august the 19th (which is mine) but on the official AC website it says its August the 11th??? its a bit of a pointless thread, but im just curious.

Official site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

crashNUMBERS
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I don't think I would ever get to a point like this. Nice eye...

Greiver205
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
i think they just made a mistake...pretty embarrising i think...

crashNUMBERS
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
pretty embarrising i think...
True... ^_^

Cybele
04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
I hadn't even looked. Well, at least they got the August part right! :p

Shoden
04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
the 11th of August was the day of the european solar eclipse in 1999

i remember it coz i had a huge bike accident the day before

if clouds bday is on this day it shoudlnt be its def 18th of August

TheSpoonyBard
04-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Shoden, who ever said anything about the 18th? Cloud's birthday is the 19th of August, always has been, always will be.

BackRoomKid
04-21-2005, 11:45 PM
dang...i'd never catch that either...well, from what i know...i don't think the japanese calenders are the same from Americas/European calenders are they?

Greiver205
04-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I havent heard anything on the 18th either...the 19th is my lil cousins b-day yep yep...so if its that one i will remember...

Masamuneˇ1600
04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
According to the manual that accompanied FFVII, Cloud's birthday is August 19. However, his Zodiac sign in FFT is Aquarius, which doesn't at all correspond with an August birthday. It wouldn't be, then, the first time they've confused the issue on this matter.

BackRoomKid
04-22-2005, 02:42 AM
...my last thought on Cloud's B-day...."WHO CARES!?" , he's a game character, lol...but still, being how Squre is sooooooo exact, detailed and specific...it's wierd that this happens

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-22-2005, 02:47 AM
This is obviously a huge hint that it's not Cloud at all but a robotic duplicate android ghost clone with a heart of gold.

TasteyPies
04-22-2005, 03:04 AM
This is obviously a huge hint that it's not Cloud at all but a robotic duplicate android ghost clone with a heart of gold.

And his movement and speech are orchastrated by 3 hamsters standing on each others shoulders inside his chest cavity.

TheAbominatrix
04-22-2005, 03:07 AM

You're getting this confused with Wild ARMs. xD

crashNUMBERS
04-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Its probably one of those HUGE rumors of that cloud clone...

Razo
04-22-2005, 07:48 AM
lol, that's crazy insane you picked that up

Del Murder
04-24-2005, 07:34 AM
I really hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Necron
04-30-2005, 03:37 PM
It might really be Zack inplanted into Clouds body when they were experimenting on him. Lol

crashNUMBERS
04-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Oooh. Nice statement...

Mercen-X
05-01-2005, 12:15 AM
According to the manual that accompanied FFVII, Cloud's birthday is August 19. However, his Zodiac sign in FFT is Aquarius, which doesn't at all correspond with an August birthday. It wouldn't be, then, the first time they've confused the issue on this matter.
FFT: Cloud was cameo like on KH. Cloud in FFT isn't the Cloud from FF7 even if his story may match. The fact that his best weapon is the Materia Blade should cue you to that.

This movie is called Advent Children: Final Fantasy VII. FF7! That's where Cloud Strife's from and that's where Cloud Strife'll stay.

Squall of SeeD
05-01-2005, 12:56 AM
This movie is called Advent Children: Final Fantasy VII. FF7! That's where Cloud Strife's from and that's where Cloud Strife'll stay.

But this is about the discrepancies in what the Final Fantasy VII instruction booklet says and what the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children website says. One lists his birthday as August 19, while the other has it as August 11.

Del Murder
05-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Yes please stay on topic.

Sefie1999AD
05-03-2005, 10:24 PM
According to my FFVII manual, Cloud Strife's birthday is on August 19th. Many other sources also seem to say August 19th. However, FF7 AC's Japanese site says August 11th. I think AC's site is mistaken, as there's a few other mistakes there, such as "Barett" (should be Barret, or as Kishi would like, Bullet). That site also spells Tifa's last name "Lockhart", whereas it's "Lockheart" in my manual. Sephiroth and Zack are also on that page while Aeris isn't, and I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Aeris will appear (at least in flashback form) in Advent Children.

Mercen-X
05-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Zack has no age! Zack has no blood type! Zack has no birthday!
He is non-existent. Oh, Zack, what have they done to you?

Marlene is the same as Zack, she doesn't exist.

About the manual. Maybe August 19 is the birthdate Cloud THOUGHT he had. He never brought up his own birthday so there was no way that Tifa could dispute it. Maybe the website has his real birthdate.

Squall of SeeD
05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
About the manual. Maybe August 19 is the birthdate Cloud THOUGHT he had. He never brought up his own birthday so there was no way that Tifa could dispute it. Maybe the website has his real birthdate.

He adopted nothing more of Zack's past than his status as a member of SOLDIER and his role in the Nibelheim mission, however. If he had adopted his birthdate in his mind, as well, it stands to reason he would have adopted his hometown also.

sayen
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM
in the game cloud said that nibhelhime is his hometown and in the true flash back sephiroth is talking to cloud not zack pluss tifa rembers grwoing up with him in that town

Squall of SeeD
05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
in the game cloud said that nibhelhime is his hometown and in the true flash back sephiroth is talking to cloud not zack pluss tifa rembers grwoing up with him in that town

Yes, that was my point. Nibelheim was Cloud's hometown, just as he claimed. He didn't claim Zack's entire past, which would have included Gongaga, so it's unlikely that he claimed his birthdate. For that matter, if August 19 were Zack's birthdate, the Advent Children website would tell us as much if it were bearing the correct information concerning Cloud and Zack.

Croyles
05-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I wouldnt have thought a thread like this would be marked "Important", strange. Maybe so no one else asks the same pointless question.

Chocobo the chosen one
05-21-2005, 01:15 AM
soo what is his birth day :confused:

-N-
05-21-2005, 06:11 AM
They would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

BackRoomKid
05-21-2005, 08:17 AM
check out the north american version of the website

their version Cloud's birthday is correct

Japanese, I don't know why it's different but it is

Chocobo the chosen one
05-22-2005, 01:30 AM
ive now seen to websites with aug. 11 :mad2: if someone doesnt anwser i might never know and that cant happen to me.

Croyles
05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok as much as it doesnt matter when Clouds birthday is im still gonna get to the bottom of this.

Both the english and japanese official websites say his birthday is on the 11th of august, but his original birthdate was on the 19th, which was clearly stated in the FFVII manual. Now either square have for some reason decided to change his birthday, he found out his real birthday along with his real identity, or it started out as a minor typo mistaking 9 with 1, which caused the japanese website to say it was on the 11th, and seeing as how the english website seems like a straight copy of the japanese one considering its style of flashy rotating pictures etc, the english website just copied that info and has now caused EoFF to have a long thread on that topic. So, which theory seems the most realistic one?

japanese website (says aug 11th):
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

english/north american website (says aug 11th):
http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/

CloudStrife48
05-27-2005, 02:19 AM
For everyone who's deeply depressed by this, please send a letter to the president of Square-Enix asking about this catastrophe. If you Fed-Ex or UPS ship it, you'll have a much faster response. Learn some japanese as I bet they won't write it in English for you.

Hope this helps. :)

Del Murder
05-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Ok I sent my letter.

Destai
05-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I dont know if I even want to watch the movie after this. Im going to boycott Square-enix and anyone whos a fan of VII should do the same :mad2:

BackRoomKid
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
^^^not after I get Aeris resurrected

Croyles
05-28-2005, 09:53 PM
lol

Rpgirl_yuna
06-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Wow i didn't even catch that in the game and i normally have a knack for little details. :moogle:

MushroomZOMBIE
06-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Meh......either way,I'm born either a day before (August 19 ) or 7 days before (August 11) My b-day is the 18.........It's confusing....:\

timmy64
06-18-2005, 04:04 AM
...my last thought on Cloud's B-day...."WHO CARES!?" , he's a game character, lol...but still, being how Squre is sooooooo exact, detailed and specific...it's wierd that this happens
I agree, Aeris's birthday is more important.

Sweet Beloved
06-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Who cares? So people screw up....I do everyday. *Lol*
I can care less about any of them's birthdate.

SILENTSLAYERxxx
06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D :D

Croyles
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
no one REALLY cares, its just something to think about during boring times.

OneWing
06-23-2005, 06:58 PM
sounds just like a typo to me on the site... especially if they have all those other mistakes...

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Either way,he's still a Leo.......GO LIONS!!!! RAWR!!!!! :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Discord
07-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Mail them with correction before it gets printed in some fan-book.

Lenna
07-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I hardly doubt that clouds birthday would have changed a tiny bit back if it was different to the original. It would most probably have been a different month or something. But to be honest, Cloud wasn't really a clone, his birthday would have been the same as he was born normally he was just injected with Jenova cells. And I hardly think that Hojo would have told him his birthday before he mysteriously escaped from Nibelheim. If he had amnesia from all that then it was most likely that Tifa told him his birthday. So it either is a typo, or Square are just being plain stupid and changing their minds thinking no one's going to notice.

CloudStrife48
07-22-2005, 11:17 PM
I hardly doubt that clouds birthday would have changed a tiny bit back if it was different to the original. It would most probably have been a different month or something. But to be honest, Cloud wasn't really a clone, his birthday would have been the same as he was born normally he was just injected with Jenova cells. And I hardly think that Hojo would have told him his birthday before he mysteriously escaped from Nibelheim. If he had amnesia from all that then it was most likely that Tifa told him his birthday. So it either is a typo, or Square are just being plain stupid and changing their minds thinking no one's going to notice.

Haha, I'd love to see Cloud's birth certificate.

Full name - Cloud Strife
Date of cloning: August 19th

I love it.

Lenna
07-22-2005, 11:48 PM
So true :P I just hardly doubt that if they wanted to change his birthday and claimed it was because he found out he was a clone and wanted his "real" birthday, that they'd use the same month, I mean. Would you?

Oh right so it's just a coincidence that it's a few days before I happened to have been cloned? yep right now I understand.

So I was born on the 19th of August but I was originally created on the 11th?? I mean.. wtf?

It's obviously a typo or Square are being stupid :)

CloudStrife48
07-23-2005, 03:14 AM
So true :P I just hardly doubt that if they wanted to change his birthday and claimed it was because he found out he was a clone and wanted his "real" birthday, that they'd use the same month, I mean. Would you?

I'd be too lazy to figure out my real birthday.

But for giggles we can assume he asked Tifa if he was ever confused on his birthdate.

It seemed after the life stream incident everything clicked together. All of his memories merged together. So that should have solved the problem.

But what if Sephiroth was correct? He told us that Jenova has the power to alter a person. I mean he is a "clone" after all in a sense.

Sephiroth: Cloud... Don't blame Tifa. The ability to change one's looks, voice, and words, is the power of Jenova. Inside of you, Jenova has merged with Tifa's memories, creating you. Out of Tifa's memory...... A boy named Cloud might've just been a part of them.

I never really thought about it till now.

It would weird to know you were a clone of someone else.

Pieces of DNA merged together... into a human being...

Lenna
07-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Indeed, he was a clone, but bodywise he wasn't. He was a human being before anything happened, before he was injected with the Jenova Cells. So his birthdate would have been based on when his body was born - Tifa "should" have known that.

On other terms, yes Jenova could alter the mind and make you forget things, but Cloud was still his own person. He had his own feelings and his own life. Jenova was only a disability in a way. Which Cloud managed to defeat inside of him to become who he was.

Regardless of if he was a clone though. His birthday would not be in the same month, let alone a couple of days apart. It'd just seem like a huge coincidence if it was. And deliberately doing it is stupid because it'd have just been better to use the original birthday.

ZOMG LYK TEH SKWARE-EENICKS HAS MAYD A TYPO LYK ZOMG WTF.

Big deal anyway? :P

CloudStrife48
07-23-2005, 10:08 PM
ZOMG LYK TEH SKWARE-EENICKS HAS MAYD A TYPO LYK ZOMG WTF.

Big deal anyway? :P

You scare me :|

:beer:

NeoCracker
07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
I have determined my own Theory on the Matter. Square was sick of being nice, so they delibratly changed the birthday, knowing that one weirdo, whos name shall remain anonymous, would post a thread about this issue to start other people thinking. ANd in doing this, not only to they get to annoy people, but by doing so they create more free publicity for the game, thereby increasing their sales without putting out extra money.

Thank you, Thank you.

ff-freak#1
07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
wtf does their b-place, b-day, and blood type have 2 do with anything in the game?!?!?!?!!? i completed it and i never got any of it, tho it was the best ff game in my opinoun (i don't get any of the other games either). can some1 please explain the game 2 me??? i really need it.

CloudStrife48
07-31-2005, 07:58 AM
wtf does their b-place, b-day, and blood type have 2 do with anything in the game?!?!?!?!!? i completed it and i never got any of it, tho it was the best ff game in my opinoun (i don't get any of the other games either). can some1 please explain the game 2 me??? i really need it.

It's just cool facts.

If you were in a game, would you want people to know more about you? I think yessss.

Karl
08-08-2005, 03:59 AM

Haha, I'd love to see Cloud's birth certificate.

Full name - Cloud Strife
Date of cloning: August 19th

I love it.

middle name? :Oo:

lets go with corneileous

sephiroth the dark angel
08-13-2005, 10:59 AM
let's settle it out this way japanese ppl say is bd was on agust the 11th the english say it was august the 19th so has it was the japanese that made the game i think the japanese are right but what those it matter

BackRoomKid
08-13-2005, 09:17 PM
this thread is still deemed as "important"

wow, that's old

how's that for being picky!

Del Murder
08-21-2005, 07:53 AM
We still have not figured this out...or have we?

Lord Magician
08-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Square was having a party, got all drunk, and that same second they made the japan web site. So they became mentally retarded, and they thought 1=9!!!!!! :D Then police came in a shoot them all like this! :shoot:

Then next day, new SMART people finished the web but did not see the mistake of clouds birthday!! :D

THE END! :happybday CLOUD!!!!! :D

Del Murder
08-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Works for me.

sephiroth the dark angel
08-29-2005, 07:43 PM
where are the bodies im gona rip em up for the new delay!!!!!!!

Zax
03-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Blah.

I don't know if anyone's said this yet but:

In the Japanese Manual it's August 11th, the English translated 19th as a mistake.

There.

Mystery solved.

kikimm
03-02-2007, 03:25 AM
What a sweet end to this thread.

Cause you know it's super old and all.