PDA

View Full Version : Buffy Musical

Alice
04-21-2005, 09:56 PM
This is a random topic really, I mean buffy isnt even going still, but I was just listening to the CD and had flashbacks an' all.

The Buffy Musical was probably was of the greatest eps on TV ever, It had singing, dancing, fighting, demons... its like everything a person needs.
What I really want to know what is ur fave song from the show and why?
Ill start ofcourse: I myself really love "I'm Under Your Spell" From Tara to Willow. Its such a cute love song, not to mention the hidden sexual meanings in it make me giggle >.<

How bout u guys?

Calliope
04-21-2005, 11:55 PM
*strangles you*

PhoenixAsh
04-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I loved loads of songs from it, I think there was only the Dawn dancing bit that wasn't really that good. Even that was still well done. I think I'll give my vote to Rest in Peace because that scene was just so cool.

Walk Through the Fire was also very well done... as was... actually the whole episode kicked ass. When I'd seen it advertised I thought "Oh that soundsa fun, but probably one of those episodes where nothing much happens plot-wise..." man that was wrong!

DaggerFlux
04-22-2005, 12:25 AM
OMG i love that episode so much lol. Its not my fave but i still thought it was really cool. My fave song from it was Spikes song to buffy "rest in peace" and also Giles song i liked a lot too.

krissy
04-22-2005, 06:21 AM
it was rgreat

Leeza
04-22-2005, 06:42 AM
<i>Rest In Peace</i>. Definitely. :)
Followed by <i>Wish I Could Stay</i>.

*misses Buffy* :(

Miriel
04-22-2005, 07:22 AM
"Rest in Peace" was one of the finest hour of dramatic television I've ever seen. Definitely my favorite Buffy episode. "The Gift" was amazing too, I remember sobbing so much when it ended cause I thought it was the Series finale rather than just the Season finale. :p

Buffy was such a fantastic show, it's a shame it never got the recognition it deserved while it aired.

Doc Sark
04-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Buffy was such a fantastic show, it's a shame it never got the recognition it deserved while it aired.

I think a worldwide fan base, critical acclaimation, and an Emmy for The Gentlemen epsiode is recognition enough.

agrudis
04-22-2005, 01:48 PM
I love ALL of 'em, since I'm the bigest music fan! The funniest was definately the short Mustard ditty!

Miriel
04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I think a worldwide fan base, critical acclaimation, and an Emmy for The Gentlemen epsiode is recognition enough.
The Emmys never gave Buffy the level of consideration it deserved for the quality of show that it was. And Buffy had very much a cult following, not a mainstream one. The fans recognized the greatness of Buffy, but outside the fandom, Buffy just wasn't taken very seriously.

It's only now that people can look at the whole body of work and see that Buffy was the most engaging and thoughtful mythology ever presented on television. It's only now that there are classes in Universities devoted to studying and analyzing the show.

So yeah, I don't believe that while it aired, it ever got the recognition it deserved for a show that was so alive with wit, intelligence and soul.

Devourment
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Anyone who likes Buffy is a wrong'un.*shakes head sideways*

Leeza
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Why would that be Aiden?

Devourment
04-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Because in my opinion, it's a load of hype. It's rubbish, i don't know how people can like poor acting, the actors who can't act properly. I've seen better acting by dogs. It's just as rubbish as Friends.

But each to their own.

Optium
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
A few friends of mine actually did a live performance of it, it was pretty
awesome.

.opt

ruby_91
05-02-2005, 01:45 PM
i loved drawn to the fire....! but i liked rest in peace as well. ^_^ actually, the whole episode kicked ass.

louby_4eva
05-02-2005, 07:15 PM
I love the singing episode loads, :love: I watch it all the time, its so great, my fave song is that 'give me something to sing about' and the 'drawn to the fire' one, I don't know the actual names.

Smile and Be happy :love: