PDA

View Full Version : It appears I am banned from EoEo & EotW...sweet

Cuchulainn
04-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Care to say why? If it's for the 'moron' comment to the Jesus freak who basically told me I'm going to hell, then, the staff are too, morons. You missed the whole purpose of that comment. I've seen other people insulting others & they don't get banned, they get their posts edited instead. Care to say why I'm an exception? Would it be cause I'm relatively new and they aren't & favoritism is rife? Also, why no warning first?.
Lastly, to whomever banned me, if you haven't banned the subject of my moron comment too, then you are an even bigger moron than he. He insulted every other religion, faith & way of life that opposes his. He showed zero respect to anyone by saying we are all going to burn in hell. But eh, whatever, you have a serious inconsistancy problem which needs to be addressed.

eestlinc
04-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Eyes on Each Other and Eyes on the World have a strict no flaming policy. When we see someone break that policy we ban them from those forums for a period of time, length depending on the severity of the offense and the history of prior behavior. No warning is given or needed. We don't always see every flame in those forums, but when we do we almost always issue the temporary forum ban. If you see a flame that we have missed, please use the warn button to report it.

I send a PM to the member explaining why I banned them from those fourms and how long the ban will last. I don't know if the staff member who banned you did that or not, but if not I'm sure that person will say something in here.

I will say that if you get a forum ban for flaming, I don't think flaming the staff is going to improve your situation any. I think all of us are able to disagree with another person without calling them a moron or anything worse than that.

m4tt
04-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow, I can't see why you were banned. :rolleyes2

Yamaneko
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Just because you think other people are breaking the rules doesn't give you the right to break them yourself. Use the warn button instead of flaming.

This has already been discussed recently within the forum. No point in having another topic.

crono_logical
04-21-2005, 11:50 PM
I didn't warn because it's EoEO. I also never PM when I ban people, I prefer them to PM/complain to me/a staff member if they think it's that big a deal because that's what they'll do if they care, otherwise it's a waste of my time talking to someone that doesn't care :p But that's my choice, it's not a rule in staff that we PM everyone when we ban :p

As for the other member, I took his whole paragraph into account and not just the one line you're having problems with and decided it's not really flame, let a alone a directed one like yours was. If I was going by what I felt personally though, then yes, I'd agree with your point more than the other guy, but that's not what I take into account when dealing with a post someone's hit the warn button for :p

As for other people's posts being edited instead of getting banned, don't ask me, I never read that forum except for warned posts, I prefer to avoid it :D

EDIT: Forgot to say, the ban is 2 weeks like in the normal case :p

Cuchulainn
04-22-2005, 12:34 AM
I didn't warn because it's EoEO. I also never PM when I ban people, I prefer them to PM/complain to me/a staff member if they think it's that big a deal because that's what they'll do if they care, otherwise it's a waste of my time talking to someone that doesn't care But that's my choice, it's not a rule in staff that we PM everyone when we ban

How am I to PM you if you don't PM me first? If you don't then I've no idea who banned me, wherefore no idea who to PM and ask or query. I now realise that calling someone a moron is more severe than damning everyone not of a particular faith to hell. I have also realised this 'zero tolerence' policy very much depends on who 'flamed' and which administrator sees it. I've seen people cussed out, the post edited & no ban, I call someone who insults 3/4 of the world a moron & I get banned. I'm not trying to flame staff or say I'm 100% innocent here but you cannot say my response wasn't antagonised. Despite my relatively short time in being a member, if you look at my posts, most are harmless, idiotic, but harmless. Some are helpful, some are trying to be helpful. This is the only time where I've seen fit to call someone a moron, an insult which I still stand by. If you 'claim' top be zero tolerence, make sure that 'zero tolerence' is consistant or you will see a hell of a lot more people aggrivated, like me, at the inconsistancy. I'll leave you alone now, just wanted that off my chest.

crono_logical
04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
You can PM any mod, and we'll tell you the right person if necessary since we do keep track of these. As for seeing posts edited/no-ban, like I said, I don't see it because I avoid that forum unless I'm called in these days, because I know I'll have a tendancy to post some bad things myself the way some people argue in there :D But I do hope I'm not biased and only look at the posts, not the poster. (Except in rare circumstances, like during the April Fool's thing :p ) I do believe the inconsistancy between staff members though was raised in another thread in this forum though, so it's obviouly something we need to deal with.

Leeza
04-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Also, why no warning first?
Anyone who posts in EoEO or WE should have read <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=47116">this thread</a> first before posting and that thread is the only warning that is required or should be necessary.

MarikTheYuke
04-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Care to say why? If it's for the 'moron' comment to the Jesus freak who basically told me I'm going to hell, then, the staff are too, morons. You missed the whole purpose of that comment. I've seen other people insulting others & they don't get banned, they get their posts edited instead. Care to say why I'm an exception? Would it be cause I'm relatively new and they aren't & favoritism is rife? Also, why no warning first?.
Lastly, to whomever banned me, if you haven't banned the subject of my moron comment too, then you are an even bigger moron than he. He insulted every other religion, faith & way of life that opposes his. He showed zero respect to anyone by saying we are all going to burn in hell. But eh, whatever, you have a serious inconsistancy problem which needs to be addressed.

I can't believe how obliviois you are. Just because someone is stating their faith, doesn't mean you should falme them. Even if their belief insults you, shrug it off. It's perfectly leagal by the first ammendment. (unless you live in another country.) Something to this extent: The government will make no law favoring a religion. But not going against it.
Also, if you really think that all faiths are true, isn't that contradictoy?

eestlinc
04-22-2005, 02:45 AM
(unless you live in another country.)

Belfast, N Ireland :D

Anyway, didn't we all learn in school that it's not the first person who breaks the rules who gets punished, it's the last person. Sucks, but so does life. If someone insults you, ignore it.

Cuchulainn
04-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Eh..Who are you and why are you posting here? Firstly www.dictionary.com, check it out.
You seem to be inventing your own argument, aswell as your own spelling, nice one. Anyway, it is one thing to have faith , it is another to damn others, that is what you seem to be missing here. If you believe something, that's fine, do not force those beliefs or become elitist because of them. Do not insult other faiths in the name of your own, and lastly don't invent contradictions I've 'made', I am not religious and while I respect your faith, I will not let anyone sit there and tell other people they will burn in hell for being of an alternate one. I am not American so the 'first ammendment [sic]' and indeed your reference to the American Constitution is not only off topic but uselessly off topic.
Is your answer to racism & biggotry the same? Just shrug it off? This isn't about someone's faith, it never was. Please don't post again.

eestlinc
04-22-2005, 02:53 AM
your anger is not accomplishing anything, and nobody can tell anyone else here when they can and cannot post.

Cuchulainn
04-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Please..that wasn't anger, that was mostly sarcasm mixed with indifference. I didn't tell him to do anything I asked him why and then asked him nicely not to again.
'Anything you say will be twisted and misquoted against you' psh

Sasquatch
04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
I now realise that calling someone a moron is more severe than damning everyone not of a particular faith to hell.

A lot of other people would agree with you. I've had a post edited because I talked about the stupidity of the way a certain topic had gone (not directly towards other members or anything, didn't insult any specific members, especially not by name), while seeing one of my opponents in the debate get away scott-free with saying he wishes everybody who agreed with me was shot. I've seen somebody else get banned for calling somebody a "moron" in jest, while the other person directly insulted everybody at this forum.

This isn't about someone's faith, it never was.

Then why'd you call the guy a moron? He stated what his faith believes, and that was that followers of his faith are the only ones that will end up in the "good place" when their life on earth is done, and that everybody else will be sent elsewhere, which, in his belief, would only be to one place, Hell. If you don't agree with it, argue against it, but he is as much or as little of a moron as you are. Hell, even insult his beliefs (insulting Christianity and Christian morals also seems like a popular passtime around here), but there's absolutely no need to call the guy a moron.

Raistlin
04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
Eh..Who are you and why are you posting here? Firstly www.dictionary.com, check it out.
You seem to be inventing your own argument, aswell as your own spelling, nice one.
Very polite.

And you didn't ask him nicely "not to do it again." You said "Please don't post again," which you can't ask of anyone.

EDIT: This is response to Cuch's last post.

Leeza
04-22-2005, 03:40 AM
Would you change your darn avatar!? I keep confusing you with RSL! :)

Cuchulainn
04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Then why'd you call the guy a moron? He stated what his faith believes, and that was that followers of his faith are the only ones that will end up in the "good place" when their life on earth is done, and that everybody else will be sent elsewhere, which, in his belief, would only be to one place, Hell. If you don't agree with it, argue against it, but he is as much or as little of a moron as you are. Hell, even insult his beliefs (insulting Christianity and Christian morals also seems like a popular passtime around here), but there's absolutely no need to call the guy a moron.

There are ways to do things man, way that don't provoke this type of response. My response wasn't the greatest in the world, I'm not innocent here, but damn, if he said that in the wrong place he could expect a lot worse than 'moron'. Like I said this isn't about faith it's about respect. I don't mind people talking about their faith, infact I'm interested in it. I do mind, however, the second their beliefs become insulting. For example, someones political beliefs, I love hearing them, but the second those beliefs become racist, elitist, or biggoted, that's the second I stop them, this isn't that much different, is it?
I don't know, maybe I'm over-sensative over this religious thing as I live in a place that has seen that type of belief transform into violence, hatred and a terrorist war that lasted 30 years. I've had to witness Protestant murder Catholic and vise versa. My reaction is preset. Anyway, my intention wasn't to insult anyone but the poster and in retrospect it may have been an over reaction. I'll take my ban & move on, I'm clearly on my own here which makes me believe I was wrong.

eestlinc
04-22-2005, 03:50 AM
I think the best way not to get banned from EoEO is this: any time you feel like insulting or questioning the intelligence of someone, just don't. We try to apply the rules as fairly and evenly as possible, but there's a lot of crap to police here. Getting away with breaking the rules isn't a matter of favoritism, it's a matter of luck.

edit: I think many of us sympathize with you here. I know I feel like beating my head against the wall half the time I read posts in the EoEO and EoTW forums.

edczxcvbnm
04-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Remember...its not a flame if you don't attack anyone. So just make it really offensive in general...works for :D

Shlup
04-22-2005, 08:40 AM
If you don't agree with the policies of this board then you are free to leave it. And if you're going to continue to be so egocentric and abrasive then I encourage you to do so.

MarikTheYuke
04-22-2005, 11:37 AM
And did he really say he damned you, or did he say that without jesus, you'd go to hell. Cause that's not really damning. It's saying his beleif. You should look a bit more carefully next time.

Is your answer to racism & biggotry the same? Just shrug it off? This isn't about someone's faith, it never was. Please don't post again.

Look. I posted! :tongue:

I do not think that way. Racism is pure hatred. But for you, you think I am an emotionless blob. Not true. You shocked me when I first came into this topic. What kind of person are you?

Cuchulainn
04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
If you don't agree with the policies of this board then you are free to leave it. And if you're going to continue to be so egocentric and abrasive then I encourage you to do so.

I fail to see the purpose or relevance of this belated wagon-jumping post if you take my last post into consideration. Nonetheless thank you for informing me of my rights officer.

Look. I posted!

I do not think that way. Racism is pure hatred. But for you, you think I am an emotionless blob. Not true. You shocked me when I first came into this topic. What kind of person are you?

You are serving no purpose but to idiotically enflame this situation. I'm the kind of person that won't turn a blind eye to your kind of people belittle my kind of people's beliefs in the name of your kind of peoples own beliefs. Moron the subject, if it is indeed your intention to somehow childishly aggrivate a reaction from me, it is known as entrapment, and it very well may make baby Jesus cry. Your posts here have been special. You have single handedly made a difference and it's too your credit. MarikTheYuke YOU'RE A STAR :love:

Raistlin
04-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Would you change your darn avatar!? I keep confusing you with RSL! :)
Once the Campaign is successful, and RSL is instated in his rightful postition of Head Admin and Ruler of All.

There are ways to do things man, way that don't provoke this type of response. My response wasn't the greatest in the world, I'm not innocent here, but damn, if he said that in the wrong place he could expect a lot worse than 'moron'. Like I said this isn't about faith it's about respect. I don't mind people talking about their faith, infact I'm interested in it. I do mind, however, the second their beliefs become insulting. For example, someones political beliefs, I love hearing them, but the second those beliefs become racist, elitist, or biggoted, that's the second I stop them, this isn't that much different, is it?
You need to get it out of your head that it matters what the other person said. You're like a teenager who wants to hang out late and saying, "But all the other kids are doing it!" It only matters what YOU said, and what YOU said crossed the line where the rules are drawn, in the eyes of the Staff. You are responsible for your own actions and your own words, regardless of what others do.

I fail to see the purpose or relevance of this belated wagon-jumping post if you take my last post into consideration. Nonetheless thank you for informing me of my rights officer.
See...mocking the Staff and Former Staff is not really the best way to get your point across. It just reinforces our belief that the right thing was done.

eestlinc
04-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I don't see anything constructive being added here.

Make love, not war!