PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft uses Macs!

Tidus Andronicus
04-22-2005, 05:22 AM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8096/Xbox-360-Development-Kit-Spotted/

Xbox 360 Development Kit Spotted
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Apr. 21st, 2005 9:26 am
For Mac fans it’s a funny thing to see Microsoft using Apple hardware and that is why Macned, a Netherlands-based site devoted to Apple and the Mac world, has grabbed the very first pictures of a Xenon Development Kit.

We can’t understand a single sentence of Frisian, so the only things we were able to comprehend from the story is that the XDK is using the Power Mac dual 2.0GHz configuration with 512 MB of system memory and an ATI X800 graphics card.

We were able to confirm with our own sources that this is indeed the current XDK game developers are using to develop Xbox 360 games, which uses the Power Mac G5 chassis forged of anodized aluminum.

For the pictures, go to that link above.

black orb
04-22-2005, 05:29 AM
>>> I guess they need a REAL computer to do the job.. :D

-N-
04-22-2005, 06:02 AM
That's kinda cool, and funny. :p

Alice
04-22-2005, 07:13 AM
I love macs more than my own mother.. its true and kinda sad... oh well! too sexy they r!
Even Bill gates has apples... both apples and windows offer two different worlds... its like square enix using macs for graphics and pcs for coding.

Although heres some hott info: Microsoft was planning on using the Power Mac g5 design for the xbox design as reported months ago by GameInformer. Who knows, maybe this is a follow up. All i know is that apple usually does the best at product design so ill be glad to see where they go.