PDA

View Full Version : Computer animated movies

theundeadhero
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
How do you feel about computer animated movies? While I admit FF Spirits wasn't the best, I did like it. Recently I've seen Appleseed and Akaena. Appleseed was freakin awesome! I loved it. Kaena was okay, enough to say I enjoyed it. Overall I say that they can be really good. :)

Samuraid
04-22-2005, 07:00 PM
As long as the movies have good story and plot (and Audio!) to accompany the visuals, I like them.

withered
04-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Appleseed is awesome. That is all I have to say really

Casey
04-22-2005, 10:50 PM
FF the movie was a ok movie... Recently Ive seen the Matrix Revolutions was pretty good as far as computer animated movies go.

Vyk
04-22-2005, 10:59 PM
It's just another medium. As exploitable as live-action and animation/claymation. I accept it with everything else. It's all in the hands of the people behind it. If they don't know what they're doing it's going to suck like anything else. The Spirits Within was very well done for what it was. The only real problem was it wasn't Final Fantasy. It just carried the name. But nobody can deny the quality of visuals and proably audio. There just wasn't any of the typical drama or magic or anything. It was all some stupid polotical scare thing. It's plot turned people off. They felt cheated/lied to that there was a FF tagged to the name. But the movie itself wasn't bad. Especially if considered on its own. And I don't even have to get into how awesome Pixar's movies are.

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2005, 04:18 AM
I really enjoy things with the more typical animation (i.e. Princess Mononoke) but computer animation has its place. As it gets better and better and cheaper and cheaper, it's likely to take regular animation's place, which will be a sad, sad day.

Vyk
04-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Well, it's kinda already taken that place. "Regular animation" = painted cells = non-existant. I think Mononoke was painted on a computer ;P Plenty of room for compromise. All can be happy. So long as the powers that be are not idiots and forsake the roots of things.

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Yeah, I know they use computers for colorization and such, as it takes a massive amount of time otherwise, but they still retain the original look of the animation. Full-blown CG is all fine and good, but I'm just afraid it will take regular animation's place as opposed to becoming a seperate medium. If not, then I'll be happy, as I like both of them.

theundeadhero
04-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm just afraid it will take regular animation's place as opposed to becoming a seperate medium.That would be a sad day :( I also really enjoy some of the hand drawn animation. Princess Mononoke was a really good movie.

Yugo
04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
I think Pixar is one of the best CGI film creators out there. I love almost all of their movies. They really bring out the best of Computer Animation.

black orb
04-24-2005, 02:22 AM
>>> I have never been a fan of them but FF Advent Children may change that..

theundeadhero
04-24-2005, 07:22 AM
While pixar is huge, my question was more orientated towards the ones that aren't meant for children. The only real reason I mentioned FF (though it's not really for kids) was because I wanted to steer this conversation away from that movie and towards others :)