PDA

View Full Version : FFV Rom Trouble: saving?

aadttsm
04-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey all, I play the FFV Rom at work (I own two copies of the game, so no crabbing about illegal ROMs). I recently tried to get on the game after a hiatus and the file acts as if I have nothing saved; it just goes into the intro as if i'm starting the game anew. Am I just doing something wrong? Has this happened to anyone else before and is there anything I can look into to fix it? I had gotten pretty far, so I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, since I'm a total newb on this whole thing, is it saving my game in the file? so if I opened it in another program, it may work?

rubah
04-23-2005, 11:02 PM
my snes9x doesn't act as though it saves, but it does. Try loading it again in a separate window, if it loads at the spot, it saved.

I believe snes9x at least, has a folder for each game where they're from that it saves as.

Sphere
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Saving is simple with the Snes emulator, for you simply select either "save to__ (F1. F2, F3 etc) or you could save via the traditional way.

I'm not entirely sure about your predicament, as I have not encountered it.

Did you possible move the "snes" program file, or save games? If so, this could be the problem, if the snes cannot find the save files.

aadttsm
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
I use ZSNES, but will try opening it in SNES9x. It did this to me before and when I reloaded it, it worked fine. But this time it seems to be really stubborn.

I didn't move the program or even do anything with it, though. All of the game and program files are in the same folder, untouched. Ugh.