PDA

View Full Version : Super Metroid

Rase
04-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Okay, so I just paid for Super Metroid for the SNES on eBay, and will be recieving it in 2-9 days. So, does anybody have any information on the game? All I've heard is that it's great, non-linear, and huge. Please though, mark or avoid spoilers, as I have not played it. Thank you.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2005, 06:50 AM
It is the best game ever. The end.

Venom65437
04-23-2005, 06:52 AM
There will be no spoilers in this.

Let me just say you should be very happy you have this. You are easily getting one of the best games ever made, IMO. There is so much stuff to get, things to see, things to kill. I'll bet you by the time you play this, and see how the ending plays out, it'll easily be one of your favorite games.

If you have played and beaten Metroid 2, it will enhance your enjoyment of this game, but it isn't necessary that you have.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Well, it's an awesome game (my favorite game not preceded by the phrase Final Fantasy, Chrono, Xeno-, or Metal Gear Solid, actually), but I think you've already gathered that for yourself. In terms of playing style, it's not at all like the Prime games on the Gamecube. I won't say much, but the gameplay is challenging and fun, and the atmosphere is, I feel, very immersive. There are a vast number of secrets, and its one of those few games that has that intangible quality that let's you know you're playing something special.

Rase
04-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Well, I have played the original two Metoid games for the NES though admitadlly a long while ago. Is it much different than those?

Sepho
04-23-2005, 07:24 AM

This is the only instance where I'd ever consider quoting someone and having that be the entirety of my post. It's my favorite game of all time, no contest.

Sephex
04-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Yes, you made a great decision buying this game. Be prepared for the game to rock your world. I am a sucker for those non-linear world games (I playing through Castelvania: Symphony Of The Night once again!).

Dreddz
04-23-2005, 10:34 AM
yep
its all good

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, I have played the original two Metoid games for the NES though admitadlly a long while ago. Is it much different than those?There was only one Metroid game for the NES. Metroid II: Return of Samus was for the GameBoy.

And no, Super Metroid isn't too different. It's just that it expands upon everything the first two games introduced a millionfold and then introduces a load of new concepts itself.

Lord Chainsaw
04-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Beautiful, beautiful game. If you've played and enjoyed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, then you won't be disappointed with Super Metroid. If you haven't, then you still won't be disappointed with Super Metroid. Easily one of the best games on the Super Nintendo.

Shoeberto
04-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Superb game.

Rase
04-23-2005, 11:26 PM
There was only one Metroid game for the NES. Metroid II: Return of Samus was for the GameBoy.

Really? I could have sworn..... Ahh well, I trust you more than my memory of thing 12 years ago. Thank you for clearing it up.

And no, Super Metroid isn't too different. It's just that it expands upon everything the first two games introduced a millionfold and then introduces a load of new concepts itself.

:excited: :hyper:

Razo
04-25-2005, 08:03 AM

This is the only instance where I'd ever consider quoting someone and having that be the entirety of my post. It's my favorite game of all time, no contest.
I 2nd that response

Rase
05-01-2005, 03:31 AM
Okay, as an update, I just recieved it today and can verify that it completly rules! Basically, it's everything I've ever heard about it (all of which have been compliements) and then some.

*Goes back to playing it.*

Venom65437
05-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Told ya so.

So freakin' sweet!