PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms

Rase
04-23-2005, 06:51 AM
So, how do you feel about thunderstorms? Do you like them, ahte them, are you indifferent?

I like thunderstorms, as well as any type of rain. I really like water, and hearing it hit my roof or feeling it as I'm walking really makes me feel at ease. I've always been this way, so I'm used to it, but how do you guys feel?

strawberryman
04-23-2005, 06:53 AM
I love rain. I love thunderstorms.
They perfectly match my evil persona.

Raven Nox
04-23-2005, 06:53 AM
I love rain, I hate being in the sun, being a vampire and all... Thunderstorms are nice... we need more in California, don't get them that much.

The Captain
04-23-2005, 06:55 AM
There are fewer things that I enjoy more than being able to sit outside under the cover of a porch or perhaps the shade of a tree and listen to the rain falling with thunder rolling in the distance. It has a way about it that can calm my nerves.

Take care all.

disapointedchild
04-23-2005, 06:55 AM
I love thunderstorms aswell. Especially when they happen in the middle of the night. Whatching the lightning through the window is very entertaining, and soothing.

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2005, 06:56 AM
I agree with everyone else in this thread. :smash:

Martyr
04-23-2005, 06:56 AM
Very nice. But I don't go out in 'em very often.

Lately i've grown somewhat aware of my own mortality, and, although I still find myself to be quite the immortal, I don't think I'd actually WIN a fight with lightening, so I don't want to mess with it.

Raven Nox
04-23-2005, 06:58 AM
you can be shocked and live, thunderstorms don't really kill people

Ko Ko
04-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Oh. My. God.
Thunderstorms scare me sh*tless. I always scream, it's so scary and horrible. You might not beleive me but oh, the horror.
When I was but a little girl, my freind Vincent got struck by lightening RIGHT BESIDE ME. I have never forgotten this moment, it scarred me for life. He was perfectly unharmed, but all the same.
I've read books, I've heard stories. Whoever created thunderstorms should be drug out into the street and SHOT.

Jojee
04-23-2005, 07:08 AM
I love thunderstorms from the safety of my house. :fpsweat:

Dr.K
04-23-2005, 07:59 AM
There are fewer things that I enjoy more than being able to sit outside under the cover of a porch or perhaps the shade of a tree and listen to the rain falling with thunder rolling in the distance. It has a way about it that can calm my nerves.
Definitely couldn't have put it better. I love thunderstorms, it's great to see nature in action :)

meowwl
04-23-2005, 08:09 AM
I LOOOOVVVVE :love: Thunderstorms :love: They energize me, and the falling rain relaxes me so I end up both wide awake and totally relaxed. I love standing out in the wind that precedes them too! :hyper: !

boris no no
04-23-2005, 08:12 AM
lovw the rain part, and the lighting
it the actual thunder that gets me :'(
scares me so much. whenever its a storm i hid. its the sound!! too loud, like we're all going to die :'(
plus i get real; bad headaches just before the storm. it's like i can tell when ones going to happen. so i prepare and hid under the covers. :(

Meat Puppet
04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
They smite my modems.

Nod
04-23-2005, 12:37 PM
I like thunderstorms. They illustrate the majesty of this world we live on beautifully. They make me realise how silly all the things i worry about are.
:)

Old Manus
04-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Last time I saw a thunderstorm was about a year ago. Therefore I'm not sure whether they're cool or not.

Rusty
04-23-2005, 02:08 PM
I love thunderstorms. They are simply awesome to watch, or listen to. Depending if the lightning is close enough to see :)

My name is...something..?
04-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Love them, every bit of them, from the sound, the light, it's even better when there's rain. Shoudn't be lightning and thunder without rain, I say.

Martyr
04-23-2005, 02:59 PM
you can be shocked and live, thunderstorms don't really kill people

As I said, I still think I'm immortal.

But I still don't call having thousands of volts of electricity blasting through my frame into the ground comfortable or safe. I may live (And I may not), but either way it would be pretty bad.

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate thunderstorms because every time one pops up my DSL modem stops working. :(

Resha
04-23-2005, 04:35 PM
I luuuufff rain. It makes me feel safe and happie and comfy! ^.^ And there's nothing I enjoy more than falling asleep when a thunderstorm is raging outside. I enjoy getting wet in the rain twoo, but people DON'T LET ME DO IT. :mad2:

And why, I ask you?!?! WHY!?!

DoomAntenna
04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
I love thunderstorms, the more violent the better. Unless there's a tornado warning, cause then I have to go down in my basement and hide instead of watching the lovely storm. Well, that and the possibility of all of my material possessions getting destroyed... but all the same, I think that thunderstorms are amazing to watch and relaxing, as many other people have said. It's the number one thing I've missed since I came to UK in January.

Dignified Pauper
04-23-2005, 05:48 PM
I love thunderstorms. When I'm at home, I'll sit on my porch with my grandpa and watch them

Rye
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I like the sound of thunder, so yes I like them. I'll just listen and do nothing else besides read, since I can't go on the computer during them. There was just a minor thunderstorm before.

DMKA
04-23-2005, 06:22 PM
I love them.

Emerald_Eva
04-24-2005, 04:35 AM
Thunderstorms, along with rain without thunder and lighting, are awesome. I love to sit out in the rain. Even when it's thundering and lightning like there's no tomorrow, I'll go outside and just...sit. And watch the rain, and listen to it, and the thunder, and let the lightning fool my eyes. It's so calming for me, it's kind of weird. If a guy could get me anything, (other than a personal massage person..tee hee), it'd be either space travel or rain and thunderstorms whenever I wanted them.

Camanche
04-24-2005, 05:02 AM
I love them, as long as I'm not being struck down by lightening or something like that....

Sasquatch
04-24-2005, 05:24 AM
I love thunderstorms. If one comes and it's not too cold, I'll go sit outside and watch it. Mainly it's the rain (warm rain can fit any emotion), but I also find the lightning and thunder really relaxing.

I've had two bad experiences with thunderstorms. One was when my father, brother, and myself were in the middle of Lake Lanier, in Georgia, when our crappy boat motor decided to not work, and we paddled our way back to shore in the middle of a thunderstorm using our shirts. That sucked. And the other was when I was really little, like 4 or 5 years old, my brother and sister looked for me for like half an hour during a thunderstorm, only to find that I was sleeping from when I had laid out on the back porch to watch everything. They said I could have drowned, I dunno.

kikimm
04-24-2005, 05:33 AM
I love them, as long as I'm not awake to hear them in the middle of the night. They sound particularly creepy, then. But other than that, yeah, bring `em on. Rain as well. The sounds are pleasing.

:D

Shlup
04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
I find thunderstorms relaxing. The only thing I can think of that freaks me out is tornados.

meowwl
06-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I have to say that after this past week, I'm getting a bit tired of thunderstorms...I think I'd enjoy a quiet day or three...I'm not really all that fond of being awakened by thunder that sounds like an explosion RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW! Yeeesh..enough already! (And I know the thread is ancient, btw.)

T-MaN
06-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I like thunderstorms. They remind me of my home back in my country. I wished it happened a lot more often here in my area.

Ko Ko
06-12-2005, 02:29 AM
How OLD is this thread?

DMKA
06-12-2005, 02:30 AM
lol necroposting

Rye
06-12-2005, 02:30 AM
I find thunderstorms relaxing. The only thing I can think of that freaks me out is tornados.

Yeah. Except we don't have tornados in Noo Yoik.

meowwl
06-12-2005, 03:56 AM
lol...I don't know how old it is, but it's so dried up it's farting dust!...could it be I've temporarily revived it? *staples thread to roof attached to lightning rod, and waits for next storm.*

Nephiliam
06-12-2005, 04:00 AM
I love thunderstorms. Only I hate driving in it at night. :( I've had a bad experience with rain and dark and cars in the past.

But otherwise, at night when I am sleeping, thunderstorms are extremely relaxing. :)

Apollo
06-12-2005, 06:50 AM
I love thunderstorms! :love: They're awesome, I wish it would always rain and stuff. But then, it'd flood an awful lot. xD I like sitting by a window watching the rain hit the window, but then the neighbor's big scary dog that foams at the mouth has to scare me and ruin all the fun. ;_;

Jess
06-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I like them if I'm at home. If I'm outdoors I like it to be sunny and hot, but if I'm in the comfort of my own home I enjoy them. I find the sound of the rain hitting my window really relaxing, they are also quite pretty to watch at night. :spin:

The Anarchy Angel
06-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I love thunder storms :love: i like seeing how far the lightning is away from me and i love sitting in my garden watching it, call me mad, but i like it :D

Crazy the Clown
06-12-2005, 10:48 PM
They don't bother me, at all.

bigbri2k5
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
i love thunderstorms. i usually go for a long run in the rain coz it rocks.
plus go to a girls house during a really bad storm and put a horror film on

boris no no
06-13-2005, 11:51 AM
thunder = EBIL TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thunder is really scary. i hate it :cry:

Devourment
06-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Big baaad thunderstorm + Being inside = Bliss :p

I love a good thunderstorm... As long as I'm inside though.
Hmph, there are never any good thunderstorms in the U.K., I'm getting tired of not having a decent one. I just want it to pour it down with rain & thunder very violently... Just for once!

Kamiko
06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
They scare me because there is so much wind and where I used to live, there were always tornados, so they frighten me very badly...

meowwl
06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
:D BWAHAHAHAHAH! *does Frankenstein imitation* IT'S ALIIIIIVE! :exdee: I still like thunderstorms, I'm just getting tired of being awakened by thunder that shakes the whole house!

Tigmafuzz
06-13-2005, 03:36 PM
i like thunder and rain. it's nice.

Zeldy
06-13-2005, 05:16 PM
I dont mind Rain, but unfortunatly, since ive had my hair done i cant enjoy it as much as im always fretting about my hair!
Thunder scares me :(