PDA

View Full Version : Are we geeks? *snort*

bobbyboy
04-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I was wondering when I got beat up today for the 79th time this week, whether or not i was a geek. So I then thought while writing a dictionary for my own language what it could be that made me a geek, was it the fact that I counted up in prime numbers untill i fell alsleep? or that I write my own comic books? Then it struck me, it is because I constantly play the same final fantasy games everyday that makes me a geek. Or is it? What do you guys think?

Rye
04-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is a joke or not. xD Is it our opinion if we're geeks or not?

I'm not a geek, because I'm not smart, since my really stupid younger brother got a higher report grade than me at it makes me sick in my stomach. And I don't play video games as much as I used to. I have geek qualities, not I'm not a total geek. The only constanty "geeky" thing I do is stay on the computer for a long time.

Ko Ko
04-23-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm a super geek. I draw anime and speak japanese fluently except for one word. Oh yeah, I'm part asian, too. Nerdness abounds.

TasteyPies
04-23-2005, 07:40 PM
My life turned geekier when i started playing ff but i think i'm a better person because of it.

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
I was wondering when I got beat up today for the 79th time this week, whether or not i was a geek. So I then thought while writing a dictionary for my own language what it could be that made me a geek, was it the fact that I counted up in prime numbers untill i fell alsleep? or that I write my own comic books? Then it struck me, it is because I constantly play the same final fantasy games everyday that makes me a geek. Or is it? What do you guys think?

Doesn't sound geekish to me. /sarcasm

I'd say just about everybody on this board is in one way or another. But does it really matter?

bobbyboy
04-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm just not sure if playing ff makes me a geek or not

I have a few friends, luckily they don't cost much

Chris
04-23-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm a super geek. I draw anime and speak japanese fluently except for one word. Oh yeah, I'm part asian, too. Nerdness abounds.

I'm part Asian too, but I don't consider myself to be slighty geeky, at all. :p

boris no no
04-23-2005, 07:52 PM
i consider myself a geek
i don't really care too much
just remember that bill gates is a geek....

plus geeks will take over the world one day. oh yes we will! :p

Destai
04-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Most people I know dont consider me a geek though I am geek"ish" as far as loving FF, RPG,s in general and enjoying gadgets, electronics and internet go although Im not obsessive on any of these things. I hate sci-fi tv and movies and I hate medieval RPG's. I dont understand a lot of comp terms (harddrive,I cant tell a megabyte from a giga byte etc.) Im not considered a hardcore gamer even with RPG's(reaching level 99, killing diamond/ruby weapon etc.)

louby_4eva
04-23-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm not geeky at all, I know loads of people and was in with the popular crowd at high school :love: and that was only a year ago, playing final fantasy and going on the internet doesn't make you a geek unless you do it to extremes.

CaptRory
04-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Heck yeah but we all are. I built my own robot for BattleBots. Speaking of which if you are really getting beat up let us know.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Geeks are circus performers who eat live animals and peform other lewd acts.

I am a nerd. *Phi Betta Kappa pride!* :p

Blackmageboi
04-23-2005, 09:13 PM
i prefere the term nerd

Miriel
04-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I prefer the term dork.

Yugo
04-23-2005, 09:18 PM
I also prefer to be called a nerd... :D

bobbyboy
04-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Wahhh i'm a geek and not proud of it, I have brought shame on my star wars keyring collection

Del Murder
04-23-2005, 09:47 PM
What else would we be?

Yamaneko
04-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Wasn't there a thread down there somewhere about this?

Dreddz
04-23-2005, 10:03 PM
the answer to that question is
we sure are
but I dont get beaten up though

Nod
04-23-2005, 10:07 PM
yup, im a bit of a geek i guess. i like sci-fi and all that jazz. But i don't care, cos im way cooler than anyone else i know :cool:
:bigbiggri

Del Murder
04-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Wasn't there a thread down there somewhere about this?
Only a geek would remember that.

Rye
04-23-2005, 10:10 PM
It's hip to be square. xD

Dreddz
04-23-2005, 10:16 PM
is this thread referring that all people on EoFF are geeks

rubah
04-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I spent my saturday morning at a state math competition.

I think that talks for itself.

(I also bought pocky while I was therexD)

Brian The Pink Shark
04-23-2005, 10:27 PM
i personnaly think all ff fans are geeks ( sorry Rye) i once tried to tell my friend this and he was like "im not a geek" now i cant resist bringing it into every conversation :choc:

nik0tine
04-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Definetly a geek.

Jebus
04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
I became a geek around second grade when I got a computer.

This gives proof to my theory that I was meant to be a jock. What with my linebacker's body, and the fact that I used to play soccer, basketball and baseball.

Maxico
04-23-2005, 11:21 PM
I would say I am somewhat of a geek. But it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. I have only played the games I have once (FF7, 8, 10) all the way through and I never even got half way through 6 or 5. I wouldn't say that I obsess over them. I came here because I was on the internet, bored and was currently playing a FF game. That doesn't make me a geek. The fact that I spend WAAY to much time on the computer does :p

Martyr
04-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Nobody calls me a geek or a nerd or a dork or any such thing.

My enemies learn fast that it doesn't matter how I act or what I do that may be geeky when my knuckle is lodged stuck in some shattered crack below their eyesockets.

You know what's cool? I've never actually killed anybody.

Emerald_Eva
04-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Of course we're geeks. *does jig* I mean, we play video games, watch anime, read manga, try to be Japanese..., WE SPEND EVERY WAKING HOUR TALKING TO PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW, YET EVERY PERSON UNDERSTANDS HOW POCKY IS THE GREATEST THING EVER MADE?!?!?!?!?!
Yes, we're geeks.

The Captain
04-24-2005, 09:03 AM
It's all a matter of personal perspective. For the longest time, the words, "geek", "nerd", "dork" and the like were demonized, and viewed as qualities that peopel were afraid to have. Yet, over time, there has been a shift and now it seems that the qualities that would be considered the mentioned phrases are aspired toward.

In the end, I view each person not as a label such as "geek", or "jock" or "prep" or anything, but as a person, who in their life can have a great many views, hobbies, and interests which can range from video games to opera to sports, etc, etc.

Take care all.

Sphere
04-24-2005, 09:18 AM
i personnaly think all ff fans are geeks

And I personally think that that is a stereotypical, prejudice remark.

A geek is generally defined by a person who is obsessed with technology, intelligent, with unrealistic goals in life. Also, in many cases, with a low sporting ability.

I completely dissagree with the quoted statement. You cannot define a persons' personality by the games he/she plays.

Lots of my friends play games like "counter-strike" and "WoW", yet that does not make them geeks. Gaming can be a very sociable occasion.
I hardly play PS2, except when my friends come over and we're bored.

I, for one, am also active in sports, as I am a serious hiker, and have climbed Kilimanjaro (5985m, Tanzania), and I am climbing Aconcagua (6900m, South America) next year.

Maybe many people here have the personality of a geek, but that definately is not because thay play Final Fanasy, or any other game for that matter.

If the video industry became associated with "geeky" people, then their consumers would be limited, and they would fail.

Quina
04-24-2005, 09:35 AM
I thought a geek was a whale's nono parts.

Ko Ko
04-24-2005, 09:40 AM
That's a dork. XD

Sphere
04-24-2005, 09:45 AM
That's a dork. XD

LMAO! How did the conversation transform to discussing animal body-parts?

Anyways, I still stick by my original post on this topic, and I have nothing of value to add yet.

Oh, and Iri, kool sig. ^_^

Resha
04-24-2005, 09:48 AM

Boris nono > whale nono. xD *Lame, I know*

Okay, and that above joke just proves that I am a....TWIT. I don't wanna be a geek, but a twit. Twits are cool! Or maybe even a DWEEB. Dweeb is such an awesome word.

HE-EY! I just got another lame joke. xDD

g:eek: g:eek: <---- GEDDIT??? g:eek:

Razo
04-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Boris nono > whale nono. xD *Lame, I know*
OMG that rhymes.....

Hmm, am i a geek? i play games, i read, i'm smart in strange areas and enjoy unusally nerdish activities, but no, i'm am not, because i also partake in several sports (Triathlons, Kayaking) and am considered quite popular among fellow school people. And people don't usually try bashing me cuz they know i'm a martial artist. i don't really have any particular enemies tho, i'm occasionally teased to be a nerd, but i don't think i am. :spin:

For those (particularly the ladies) who particularly like geek dudes

A Girls Guide To Geek Guys (http://www.completeevil.com/geek.html)

Shlup
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm not a geek. I'm not anything. Or am I... everything? :o