PDA

View Full Version : What Time limit did you pick agaisnt Ifrit?.

Delta
04-23-2005, 09:32 PM
On my first go I picked 20 (I didn't know the cave was that small)

After I got to Ifrit instead of playing him I turned off the playstation and picked 10 mins and won so what about you?.

JunotDe
04-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I put 10 minutes on my first try and did it with like 4 minutes remaining or sumtin probably less...whats the difference if u do it in 10 though?

Delta
04-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Just tell's you who's the better player's.

Any way yeah 10 mins is the best hence the reason I turned the PS off.

sayen
04-23-2005, 10:07 PM
ifrit is part of the seeD tests and the more monsters you kill with a normal attack incrases your score just after you enter the cave untill you get to balamb after the main misson if you have less then 1 minutle left when you kill ifrit you gett 100 score on jugement wich is good so the time in whch you chose to beat him dosent matter as long as there is less than 1 minute left you could still get 100 for jugment if you chose 40 mins

Delta
04-23-2005, 10:12 PM
How'd you find that out?.

sayen
04-23-2005, 10:22 PM
how i found that out

1 i read a boss faq that said ifrit had 1060 is hp if you fight him on level 10 i attaed him at level 15 and scaned and he had the same hp the guide said he shuld have and i did it for all the bosses on the first disck so bosses unless they classed as monster dont level up

2 i found a few scans from an offical guide that said the stuff for the test started after you get to ifrits cave

oh and for some other stuff

1 to not fight the robot more than onece walk on the bit where it shakes the ground and on the brige when it jumps keep running till it lands run to other way till it jumps then frinsh running accros the brige you will get better score for it

2 the scans also said to leave as little a 1 minutee left on fighting ifrit to get 100 for jugement

3 in the test never ever kill am monster/boss with magic or summon only phyisical attack and never talk to people unless its absloutly nesscacey

Delta
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Whoa can you do me a favour?, can you provide a link to all bosses in 8 with thier health etc.

I've killed them all but I wanna know how much health they all had.

sayen
04-23-2005, 10:53 PM
if you realy want i can give a link to boss faqs and walkthoughs and loads of other stuff just give me 10 mins and ill add em to this post

and the rute to the boss faq is boss faq with hp (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy8/hints.html)
there are loads there

ps the maps on ff8 on the eyesonff site wont load on my comp can you send em to kingultmasayen@yahoo.com

Delta
04-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Thank's anyway back on topic.

ShivaBlizzard8
04-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I think I picked 20 minutes for the Ifrit test - I was trying to have the minute left thing as well.

Also for the SeeD exam, you get more points if you save the dog by the fountain when you're running away from the robot. (To save him you talk to him and he'll follow you).

redxiiii
04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I think I picked 20 minutes for the Ifrit test - I was trying to have the minute left thing as well.

Also for the SeeD exam, you get more points if you save the dog by the fountain when you're running away from the robot. (To save him you talk to him and he'll follow you).

Kewl am gonna save that dog, am on the seed exam now, anyway I didn`t mean to pick 10 mins put i was fast forwarding through the text still did it though wit 1min and 30 secs remaining :p :D :) :cool: ;) :tongue: :greenie:

rubah
04-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I picked plenty the first time I played

I picked ten the second time, and spent four minutes of that cleaning the living room while I had scan going, just wasting time.

Hearts
04-24-2005, 09:45 PM
I picked 10 minutes and did it pretty quick, but before I ever did anything I just leveled up some if I remember correctly. I think the lower the time you do it in the more points or whatever you get.

Delta
04-24-2005, 09:48 PM
He he yeah I wish I knew about those extra point's thing.

Cloud775
04-24-2005, 09:50 PM
I picked 10 minutes when I first got the full version (this was my first RPG).

To get off subject a bit... I played a demo version of this game on PC and on a demo disk for the PlayStation. It came with some Pizza Hut pizza that I got. I didn't know what this game was until I looked up more information on it and then I wanted the other ones.

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Ten minutes. I always get a game over because I always try to beat him with 10 seconds or so left over and I always screw up.

sayen
04-25-2005, 09:41 AM
to get higer sorce dont fight the "blackwidow" more than once to do that keep running till the screen where the grownd shakes and walk then when going oveer the brige whenm it lads after jumpig go the other way it will jump then go back after you hear it jump save the dog and get to the shore within time and you get 100 for anouther cat to get 100 for jugment beat ifrit with less than 1 min on the clock oh and i picked 10-20 mins depedns if im waching tv or not

tranvanhieu
04-28-2005, 07:19 AM
5 minutes ,of course.Train well before go to the cavern(Learn how to use Squall'sGun-Blade,be sure that you can make a critical strike everytime you attack ).Then just run from any battle you encounter in the cavern.You'll have about 3,5 minutes to fight Ifrit.DON'T call Shiva(waste many time)!and don't use Magic,too(except "Cure"-only use when your hp very low (about 150-200)-),useless of time.Just "Attack"!Very quick action and you 'll finish Ifrit in time.That's for sure!

rubah
04-29-2005, 03:21 AM
There's a five minutes option?

tranvanhieu
04-29-2005, 04:07 AM
But I think there is 5 min option only in PC version!
Try it,but 'cause I played FFVIII for two years ago,I can't remmeber clearly!