PDA

View Full Version : God of War

Xalioniaf
04-23-2005, 09:45 PM
God of War. This game is freaking awesome! The cinimatics are absolutly increadable, the VO is perfect, and teh gameplay is tuned finely. I beat the game a few days ago, beat Challenge of the Gods yesterday, and figured out Secret Message #2 today. If you haven't figured it out, but want to know, then it's a phone number. The first part is 1-888, but you have to figure out the rest. Haha. Challenge of the Gods was impossible, but I beat it. And, the other unlockables are fun. Learning about Kratos' brother, and what could be the next GoW game, was interesting. Alas, I have yet to beat God mode, and since I beat the game on Mortal, I'm working on Hero, then I'll do Spartan, then God.

The following question is for the people who've beaten Challenge of the Gods: Who is your favorite new character? I'm partial to either Chef of War or Ares' Armor. Ares' Armor will be a great help when I take on God mode.

Dreddz
04-23-2005, 09:59 PM
GOW is sooooo cool

Vyk
04-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Fell in love with the game. Couldn't stop. Beat it in a few days. I think like... 7 and a half hours or something? But some of my favorite games have been short and sweet. MGS and Beyond Good and Evil. This is right up there with them. If not more so... Indeed an excellent game.

Lord Chainsaw
04-24-2005, 02:03 AM
I've been wanting to play this game for awhile now. I've always been a huge fan of mythology, especially Greek and Norse. I'm not only interested in how the game will play out, but in what direction the story will unfold. The game designers are taking a very interesting approach at creating evil Greek Gods. I'm curious to see how this game will unfold, as the concept of a good and evil war between the Gods had never been fleshed out by the Greeks before, aside from Zeus' raid on Olympus to dethrone Cronus, which doesn't really count anyway. I decided to pick up a game last week, and it was between this game and Champions: Return to Arms.

I decided to go with Champions because I loved the first game, and felt I would garner more hours from this game to tide me over until I purchase my next. The next game I pick up will be God of War, though.

The only thing that's worrying me is an interview I read concerning the creator. He emphasized being "cool" to be a high point of the game. Let's just hope he can back that up with decent gameplay, which reading the reviews, is not going to be a huge problem.

Xalioniaf
04-24-2005, 05:30 AM
The gameplay is awesome. Puzzles that, while challengeing, won't force you to smash your head into your TV. Platforming may be troublesome in the beginings, but mostly they add to the fun. Cleaverly placed respawn points make it easy to get back to where you were if you died. There is a slew of combos for your attacks and magics, and with enough experience orbs and one of the secret characters, you could turn into a death machine within the first area.