PDA

View Full Version : stuff they dont tell you bout the leveling stuff

sayen
04-23-2005, 10:44 PM
this may be glich my not but on my ver the bosses always have same hp take odin for example i attacked him on level 20 odd and he had 8000 odd hp and he beat me then i attakcend him on level 40 and he still was on the same level with same stats and had exactly the same hp as befor i encounter this with all bosses with the exception of diabls as he is classed as a monster battle only monsters level up wiht you not bosses

oh and for the seeD exam it starts when you are told to go to the fire cavern and ends once the annuncment is made for who made it into seeD more info if people ask.

YukiKiro
04-24-2005, 12:31 AM
technically you're right. infact, i think you hit the nail on the head. the monster leveling up clause is so that at no point in the game are the monsters too easy (bite bugs and the like are an exception, they suck no matter what). Bosses on the other hand stay a level course of HP, their stats still waiver with your but their HP is still pretty much on the level. you may be saying now that "oh, what's the point then of leveling up?" simple, even though the monsters level up with you, you level up at a faster pace, and your stats increase faster. plus, you can junction magic to your stats giving them an even bigger boost, so there you go.

sayen
04-24-2005, 12:48 AM
yess finaly someone that beleive me sort of i beleive the stats dont change either and the bosses dont level it says there level in the scan as far as i can rember and monster level up everyone knows that

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Odin's HP, if I recall correctly, is set. This condition applies to a few bosses; an example is Sphinxaur. However, most bosses do have variable HP; in many cases, HP totals can differ drastically between high and low levels.

sayen
04-24-2005, 01:42 AM
the hp of bosses is set i went thought the same boss on level 15 20 25 and 30 against adel and she had same hp and same with all the other bosses the hp is constant on my ver the boss hav diff hp compared to eachother but same compared to them selthest when fought at a lower level like cerbrus

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Cerberus' HP does not vary greatly; between levels 1 and 100, it doesn't even double. Some bosses, however, see almost exponential HP growth. You may not have noticed if you haven't played the game at both very high and very low levels.

sayen
04-24-2005, 01:46 AM
look mate the lowest level i ever got to cerburs at was 20 the highest was something like 70 and he had the same hp

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Boss levels change, and HP, as a function of this, can be massively variable (often by factors of 10 or more). Cerberus is not a good example, in any case, since it only exhibits minor HP growth (his HP can only vary from 7100 to 10000). Given this minor variation, the difference in HP between levels 20 and 70 would be negligible.

Mo-Nercy
04-24-2005, 07:17 AM
"oh, what's the point then of leveling up?" simple, even though the monsters level up with you, you level up at a faster pace, and your stats increase faster. plus, you can junction magic to your stats giving them an even bigger boost, so there you go.
Even so, it's still more beneficial to stay on a low level but have good junctions. For example, a level 12 Squall junctioned with 100 Holy, Ultima, Flare, Meteor etc. will beat a Ruby Dragon on his own in about 5 normal hits, I reckon. A level 100 Squall with the same junctions will take something along the lines of 5 Renzokukens instead.

Sphere
04-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Quite a controversial issue... I would expect that some bosses would become easier, the higher levels you have, and others evolve with your characters. I do not think every boss' level in the game is set, yet I agree on the fact that some are.

FFVIII was the first Final Fanatsy I played, and I never really used the junction method. (Actually, almost not at all). But it is perfectly easy without te junctioning system. Or the Lionhart weapon for that matter...

*sigh* I really need to play this again... :D

Braindead_Paul
04-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Ifrit, Sphinxaur and Red Giant have set HP. I'm not sure about Cerberus, but most bosses' HP vary more or less.

lionhearted
04-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I think Omega Weapon's health is always the same - he's always at Level 100 - and so has 1,161,000HP. I dont remember my characters' levels making any difference to Omega Weapon - it always had that high an amount of HP. It was the same when I was at Level 45 and th same at Level 90.

sayen
04-24-2005, 01:24 PM
some bosses arent bosses only monster fights like diablos is not classed as a boss fight so he levels up but all boss class fights dont level up well the hp dosent change the other stats might but hp dosent

Braindead_Paul
04-24-2005, 03:15 PM
In my game it does change. There are some exceptions but only a few.

Delta
04-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I know what you mean some "Bossess" such as the ones you kill to return your abilities have varied health as they do not count as a boss.

Masamune·1600
04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I know what you mean some "Bossess" such as the ones you kill to return your abilities have varied health as they do not count as a boss.

By anyone else's standards, Tiamat, Catoblepas, and all the others are bosses. In any case, your argument doesn't work because Sphinxaur, the first of these, has its HP permanently set at 10000, while Red Giant, another boss in Ultimecia's castle, has HP set at 30000. That having been said, I will reiterate, one final time, that the vast majority of bosses have tremedously variable HP. An extreme example would be Abadon, whose HP can range anywhere from 510 to 17010.

Further, there are situations where regular enemies have set levels. For example, all encounters on the Island Closest to Hell have maxed levels. In most cases, of course, the enemies level up with the player.

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 01:19 AM
I have the official brady games strategy guide for FF8, and I promise you, bosses DO level up. The bestiary proves that.

sayen
04-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I have the official brady games strategy guide for FF8, and I promise you, bosses DO level up. The bestiary proves that.

no the beastery prove that monsters level up not bosses boss fights are when the screen splits into 4 an abanodon is a monster fight

Squall of SeeD
04-25-2005, 04:23 PM

no the beastery prove that monsters level up not bosses boss fights are when the screen splits into 4 an abanodon is a monster fight

Sayen, you seem to be classifying everything that is identified as a boss fight and proven to involve the creature having varying levels as being a "monster fight," even while you have no evidence for this. Catoblepas and the rest of Ultimecia's creatures all are the only ones of their kind in the entire game. They are boss monsters, not regular monsters like Granaldos, Raldos, and Oilboyles, creatures which can reappear again in Ultimecia's castle. Abadon, likewise, only appears once.

By the way, all those creatures I just mentioned have yellow borders for their entries in the guide's bestiary, establishing them as boss monsters. For that matter, the screen uses the boss fight transition when fighting those creatures, not the random encounter transition.

You're obviously just grasping at straws at this point as you don't wish to concede that you were wrong.

sayen
04-26-2005, 01:00 PM
oh ok so what you siad is that its a glich with my version but most/all of the bosses i fight have ad a set hp and level

nik0tine
04-27-2005, 03:00 AM
I doubt it's a glitch with your game, but maybe. Im gonna give you the benefeit of the doubt and say that you must have had bad luck and scanned all of the wrong bosses or something.

ljkkjlcm9
04-27-2005, 03:17 AM
ok most bosses have set HP below a certain level, but when you start getting really high their HP will increase, this includes Omega Weapon.... this is all in the official strategy guide, some bosses have constant HP below like level 80 though, so unless you go through a game at level 1, then at level 100, you may not see much if any change....

THE JACKEL