PDA

View Full Version : Polarium (OMG NDS!)

Xalioniaf
04-24-2005, 05:36 AM
My DS has been getting no love lately. I've been playing LEGO Star Wars and God of War(see appropriate topics) so much, my DS has been sitting there, gathering dust. But, I guess it deserved it, after brutally offending me with Feel the Magic. But, when given the choice between Polarium and Timesplitters 3(which I'll make a topic about when I re-re-rent it), I decided to screw over the Gamecube again and give my DS some loving. So, I rented Polarium. Go figure. Anyway, Polarium, in a nutshell, is Tetris DS. You are given a board with black and white blocks. By dragging your stylus across the touch screen, highlighting blocks, and then stopping, you flip over all the tiles you highlighted. Any tiles that are the same color horizontally, they dissapear. There are three modes. Challenge is like classic tetris. Blocks fall down, you transform them and make them dissapear. The longer you hold out, the bigger your high score. In Puzzle, you're given unlimited ammount of time and one stroke to destroy all the tiles on the screen. There is also Versus, which I have yet to try out until Monday, where I go to school. Yup. Monday High. Great high school.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-24-2005, 05:42 AM
When I finally get a DS, I'm definitely getting Polarium.

Xalioniaf
04-24-2005, 07:15 AM
So..did I convince you, or are you just saying that? Because if I convinced somebody to do something, that means that what they said at school about me and the pshychic powers is true.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-24-2005, 07:25 AM
No, you didn't convince me. I decided when I read the Polarium review at 1UP.com a few days ago and when I tried out the samples on the official website.

Xalioniaf
04-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Oh, well. I beat half of the puzzles today. They keep getting harder and harder.

Xander
04-25-2005, 01:12 PM
This is a game I'll consider getting. I like puzzle games plus the fact that it's cheaper than most DS games is good. I think the whole touch screen aspect of the DS is of the best use in puzzle type games too.