PDA

View Full Version : My FF Battle/Job system

JaytodaP
04-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Job System.
Alright my job sysytem seems kinda cool. Say the main character is a fighting class.(you cant do anything about it its just the way he is) His base class would be a warrior, where he would learn SwdTechs and stuff like that. When all skills are mastered, Hed become a Knight where he could Cover and Learn more SWDTechs. Next Hed be a Paladin where he would learn "light" SwdTechs and just slight white magic. Next he goes to Dark Knight where he learns "Dark" SwdTechs. NOTE light swdtechs and magic would be less effective whule in DARK. Finally He'd be a Hero where he could equip his final stuff, master all of his abilities and even get HolySwd ability.(like Agrias on FFT)

Black Mage
he'd start off as.......a black mage. He'd learn very slight B magic. Then hed become a black wizard. Hed learn intermediate spells. Next hed be a warlock. He will learn severe spells from there. after hed be an oracle. hed use offensive status magic and time magic. Finally hed be a Dark Lord where hed use offensive summons all B magic and what not.
BONUs Hed be able to learn slight white magic at the end of the game too(no red mages.... well maybe)

Battle System
It would be ATB but mastered. It would fill up like normal and youll get your turn. Attacking would make the ATB fill up slightly faster the next turn. Magic and special Skills would have to charge. The ATB would fill up a different color(white for w. magic, black for black magic, and purple for specials). It will fill depending on the effectiveness of the spell. IE fire would fill up faster than Firaga. When it fills you can have the option of casting the spell or cancelling it. However cancellation of the spell will penalize you by making your ATB fill up slower. Also, using skills that use no charge time will make your ATB fill slower the next turn. So we have an overview

Attack-Faster
Magic/Special-Charge
Cancel-Slower
Item- Pretty Fast
Pass-Nootting happens

Anyone think that this is kinda cool?

Gwelenguchenkus
04-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Instead of these 'phases' I'd much rather have a branching class system like in seiken densetsu 3.

Also, everyone knows that a final fantasy with a job system... without a red mage... is almost sure to fail unless it has some other interesting aspect of gameplay which makes it almost okaythat it does not have one. In other words..

I <3 RDM!'D