PDA

View Full Version : When will it all end?

squareSOFT
04-24-2005, 05:53 AM
when WILL it all end? I am, of course reffering to all the sequels/spinoffs of ff7 that are either out or are currently being made. Currently SE has 3 in the making (crisis core, AC and DOC) and 1 out (before crisis).And all of the ones in the making go stronly against the flow of your typical ff. DOC is more action, AC is of course a DVD and crisis core is ( I believe) an action RPG. As a traditionallist I find this absolutley chilling. As mentioned they are so completely different from a series that has had so much sucess sticking to a basic RPG format. Not only that but this means that SE currently has FOUR final fantasies in the works. I remember the good old days when they had one, mabe 2 FF's in the making. Now, the have four ff's going, 3 of which are non-traditional? I dont like this at all...

Del Murder
04-24-2005, 06:29 AM
I don't know when it will end, but couldn't you just not buy the games if you didn't like it?

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2005, 06:32 AM
So... you dont like the fact that they're giving us more? Is there no end to the things FF fans will bitch about? Square is giving us what we asked for, especially for the drooling FFVII fans. If you dont like the games, dont buy them.

And isnt a little dumb to bitch now, when no new additions to the complilation have been added for months?

As always, if Square does the same thing over and over, they've lost touch, they're stale, they suck. However, if Square does different things, branches out, experiments, they're stupid, they've sold out, and they suck. They really cant win. FF fans are the most fickle and spoiled fans out there, and it shows.

strawberryman
04-24-2005, 06:33 AM
I don't know when it will end, but couldn't you just not buy the games if you didn't like it?
Quoted for truth.
Remember: Just because you might not like a game does'nt mean noone else does. And vise versa. Everyone has their own opinions.

DJZen
04-25-2005, 12:07 AM
And, once again, they're just video games. They don't need to ruin your whole life.

DMKA
04-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I think if I see one more of these threads I'm going to go attempt to drown myself in the kitchen sink.

Vyk
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
So you don't like FF:CC and FFT I take it? Perhaps then you don't like the Mana games for not being traditional turn-based RPGs. Or Chrono Trigger for not having random encounters like a traditional turn-based FF RPG... FF is branching out, and setting new standards as well as taking cues from other niches in this genre. No big deal. Things have to evolve or they become extinct. This includes FF, and RPGs in general.

Rinen
04-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I see all the releases of FFVII games as new chapters in a book. Some chapters are not always similar to the other chapters, but always have a connection with each other. I'm kind of glad that they are releasing all these games, mainly I would like to know more of history and outcomes of the game itself.

ljkkjlcm9
04-27-2005, 03:11 AM
a few years ago...

Hey I have this great idea, how about we make a roleplaying game that you can play over the internet with people all across the country. It will have to be an action RPG but it can be on such a huge scale and there isn't really an end to it and millions of people can play it at once.

Everyone else, hell no that idea will never work...

Nowadays, I go to the store to look at the new computer games, name one that can't be played massive multi-player over the internet. It's chances that become big, and Square is not only trying new things, but appeasing the people who wanted more FFVII at the same time. I personally find it awesome they're trying new things. Yes I love traditional FF games, but something new will be great to play, especially made by a company I love. How about before getting mad about the games, we wait and see how they are, deal?

THE JACKEL

Butz
04-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I think they have a lot of resources and don't know how to make good use of them..

They should focus on making an RPG title that is worth playing.. Just like in the god ol' days..

Destai
04-30-2005, 02:01 AM
I think they have a lot of resources and don't know how to make good use of them..

They should focus on making an RPG title that is worth playing.. Just like in the god ol' days..Then why dont you play the games from the good old days and quit bitching because theyre not recycling the same carbon copies contantly?

TheAbominatrix
04-30-2005, 03:04 AM
"Worth playing" is completly relative. I thought X was completly worth playing. And as far as I can tell, XII is completly worth playing.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
04-30-2005, 03:41 AM
Why is this thread here? Shouldn't it be closed or moved to a FFVII sequel forum? I'd PM a mod, but Murder didn't seem to think this needed to be moved or closed.

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 04:56 AM
when WILL it all end? I am, of course reffering to all the sequels/spinoffs of ff7 that are either out or are currently being made.
See? This is what I was trying to say in that other thread. :fencing:
I don't want it to end. As long as they're all good.
I want there to be 5050.1 spinoffs and sequel/prequels of FF7 and any other FF game as long as they turn out good.
I want my grandchildren's adopted daugter's sister-in-law's cousin's illegitimate bastard son to be able to enjoy FF7's divinely awesome universe.
FF7:Cetra, FF7:BC, FF7:BP, FF7:PL, FF7:AC, FF7;DC, FF7:Greasy lol

Seraf
04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Final Fantasy VII: Ultra Mega-Super duper uber mega edition X

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 05:30 AM
FF7: Final International +++ Merc Missions Megablast Alchemix XIII

Del Murder
04-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Why is this thread here? Shouldn't it be closed or moved to a FFVII sequel forum? I'd PM a mod, but Murder didn't seem to think this needed to be moved or closed.
General talk of FFVII sequels = FFVII Forum.

Mercen-X
04-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Here, here!

Final Fantasy 7: Xtreme Final Fight Magnum + Infinite Mako Cetra Summon Turbo Delight Edition 13: Episode 1

Pinkerton
05-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Might just be me, but isn't more Final Fantasy VII in ANY form a good thing?

BG-57
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't find the idea of FFVII sequels inherently bad; but they may end up being badly done, which is not a good thing, IMO. But since I haven't played them yet I'm going to withhold judgement. I am excited about AC though.

Jess
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Might just be me, but isn't more Final Fantasy VII in ANY form a good thing?

Mercen-X
05-02-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't find the idea of FFVII sequels inherently bad; but they may end up being badly done, which is not a good thing, IMO. But since I haven't played them yet I'm going to withhold judgement. I am excited about AC though.
If there is a bad FF sequel, we can simply hunt down the people who did and torture them with horrible music for the rest of their natural lives. :D

The True seeD
05-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Final Fantasy VII: Ultra Mega-Super duper uber mega edition X

That one's a great game!!! LOL

Chocobo the chosen one
05-08-2005, 11:09 PM
I have an idea how about we be quite and live with it

DJZen
05-09-2005, 12:58 AM
But.... that would make sense!!! This is the internet! We're not ALLOWED to do sensible things here!

Imarmatt
05-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I am hoping that the new games turn out to be really good because I dont want SquareEnix to get a bad name. FFX-2 wasn't bad but compared to other Final Fantasy's standard's it stopped a lot of people I know from actually being interested in the FF series altogether. I think they should go back to something they are really good at, and creating sequels from FF7 may work. Partly because I think FF7 was one of the better Final Fantasy's on the market and it has a huge fanbase. Just as long as they dont overkill the product i'm happy but if one of the games is dissapointing a lot of people are going to lose faith. I certainly am.

Laguna
05-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I honestly dont think that making sequals means Square are doing something wrong. Just because they are making something that isnt full ATB RPG doesnt mean its going to be a bad game. I reserve my judgement, its impossible to tell what most of these games are going to be like at this early stage- its all speculation and conjecture. Anyone actually know what DOC is going to play like? No- me either. What about Crisis Core? I sure as hell dont know anything about it. Let's not fly the "Square stop making rubbish sequals!" banners just yet, we dont know what we're getting.

Chocobo the chosen one
05-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Why do people have to be so stupid. im glad there making sequels if there good im fine with it if there bad square-enix can rot in hell

ChippyP7
05-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Many people are afraid that most of these sequels, will never again follow original standards. Kept through the series we've only seen I, II, IV, etc. Since Square-Enix has literally bombed X with X-2, a sequel more to a cast of females. Most consumers of Final Fantasy is moreover male dominated and cannot connect with female thoughts. Most people are afraid of a prequel or sequel that will ruin a games original plot, or will not be of any interest as the original. We should worry about criticism after the release. Opinions never help much interest for other people, as I've been appointed many games, which in my opinion sucked, but was a great game for many others.

*Not degrading females in any way.*

DMKA
05-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Many people are afraid that most of these sequels, will never again follow original standards. Kept through the series we've only seen I, II, IV, etc. Since Square-Enix has literally bombed X with X-2, a sequel more to a cast of females. Most consumers of Final Fantasy is moreover male dominated and cannot connect with female thoughts. Most people are afraid of a prequel or sequel that will ruin a games original plot, or will not be of any interest as the original. We should worry about criticism after the release. Opinions never help much interest for other people, as I've been appointed many games, which in my opinion sucked, but was a great game for many others.

*Not degrading females in any way.*
I'm sorry but, you are indeed wrong. If this was the case Dead or Alive, Bloodrayne, and Tomb Raider would all be dead by now.

FFX-2, if not for the mere fanboys, the people who actually thought it was a fun, worthwhile game, and nice to see some originality (like GASP myself!), did anything but bombed. It was one of the top selling games that year and it won RPG of the year in Japan, among other awards and recognition from game mags.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it did horribly and it's the end of the FF series, and I'm sick of seeing that logic all over these forums since FFX came out.

Squall of SeeD
05-14-2005, 05:10 PM
The really funny thing about complaining about Square trying new things with FF is that trying new things is really the only standard there has been for the series according to its creator, Hironobu Sakaguchi. In the August 2001 issue of the Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine (issue #47), Sakaguchi said the following when being interviewed about making Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within:

"The spirit of the Final Fantasy games has always been to outdo ourselves every time we make a new title, to try something that's never been done before. And in that sense, the Final Fantasy movie was just another step of that -- we're just trying to follow the mentality of doing something no one's seen before."