PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots

Behold the Void
04-24-2005, 06:27 AM
How do you take a screenshot of what you currently have displayed on your monitor and save it as a picture?

strawberryman
04-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Just copy it into a paint program by normal means (Ctrl=V or Edit->copy). Easy enough. ;)

Behold the Void
04-24-2005, 06:37 AM
It's not working. It refuses to paste.

I'm trying to show someone how to do something on an Invisionfree board so I need a full screenshot of exactly how the Admin CP appears so I can demonstrate.

strawberryman
04-24-2005, 06:44 AM
It's not working. It refuses to paste.

I'm trying to show someone how to do something on an Invisionfree board so I need a full screenshot of exactly how the Admin CP appears so I can demonstrate.
Whoops. I assume you're pressing print screen, right?

Behold the Void
04-24-2005, 06:47 AM
If you're refering to the button on the keyboard, I've tried pressing it, and thus far it does absolutely nothing.

Edit: Ah, just got it to work. Thank you.

strawberryman
04-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Edit: Ah, just got it to work. Thank you.
No problem.

theundeadhero
04-24-2005, 07:14 AM
This question gets asked often enough that I recommend it gets put in some form of a FAQ. The only problem is that noone reads them :(

strawberryman
04-24-2005, 07:19 AM
This question gets asked often enough that I recommend it gets put in some form of a FAQ. The only problem is that noone reads them :(
Lucky thing is, I found it out by myself.

I love knowing what i'm talking about. :)

Heath
04-24-2005, 10:31 AM
How to take a screenshot was probably the only new thing I was taught in year 8 ICT. Even then it was only because I asked myself.

I suppose adding it to the FAQ, or the genreal Help forum thread might be a good idea.

rubah
04-24-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't remember when I learned to screen cap stuffX_X;;

I think a more useful question to answer would be 'how do you take screencaps of stuff in yuv color mode in winamp, without it being caught up in the black-box stuff' ;P

reason being, winamp doesnt' seem to understand that color space correctly, and I think it has pretty results, but it never will paste unless you convert it to rgb, and then the colors are back to normal-_-