PDA

View Full Version : KH: Opinion of Interest

Blitzer Lionheart
04-24-2005, 07:12 AM
I have noticed something that has troubled me. After watching the Deep Dive, I have reason to believe that there will be more than two games. The darkness and tone of the movie suggests that KH will no longer be 'kiddy' (in Aus that means M15+ material). The original to me was hardly kiddy, but deeply philosophical and almost scary as to the deeper light/dark side of the story.

I found the villians to be a front, or representation, of the true darkness. This concept is rather appealing, and means they were only pawns. The Heartless themselves were the purer evil, and there is an obvious suggestion that a greater power than Ansem exists (he was overpowered by the darkness, as well).

Also, the concepts of memories, dark sides of the heart, and NEO would be quite unfathomable to younger viewers.

Getting to the point, how do you think this series will unfold? Will it get darker, perhaps bumped up a rating? Do you think it is likely that another game (after 2) will be released? Do you believe the elements in the game are largely philosphical?

In my opinion, there could be another game, perhaps based on the BHK, or the Organisation, that will fill in gaps.

Destai
04-24-2005, 12:01 PM
The direction theyre moving in is to make the game storyline much deeper and occasionlly darker but still with Disney worlds and to make the system enjoyable to play so a younger child will like playing it even if he doesnt understand it.

Skyblade
04-29-2005, 05:45 PM
There already is another game. Chain of Memories. ;) However, I agree, this series is going to go on. Is it really that surprising? KH may have been a gamble, but it payed off big time. Now there are entire worlds open that Square and Disney can fit into the storyline, and thanks to Deep Dive and Chain of Memories, there are a truly massive number of plot options open to explore as well. The Organization, DiZ, and the other side of the heart are the most obvious. We know that they are going to show up in KHII. But I really suspect that while we will learn a lot about the things that are currently driving us crazy, we're going to be left with even more questions that will be addressed in KHIII. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :D