PDA

View Full Version : Is there a cure for laziness?

Fourleafclover
04-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Perhaps I'm asking the wrong people :) but I was just wondering if anyone had any sure fire cures for laziness? Something to jazz up their energy and stamina... eat breakfast every morning, walk for 20 minutes, drink eight glasses of water, meditate?

Any personal tips or tricks anyone uses to get and keep themselves going throughout the day? I find am seriously in need of some energy. Some days I can barely drag myself from one place to the other. I'm so lazy and I don't want to be but it seems to be a vicious behavioral cycle.

I've considered starting to drink coffee to get an artificial boost but if there are other options I'd like to avoid it....

Kai
04-24-2005, 04:27 PM
a cold shower normally works for me. ^_^ Then again, iam wierd.

Fourleafclover
04-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Brrrr.... I could give it a try. I've found that a hot/warm shower finished up with a blast of cold is a good way to get a temp. boost.

Maybe the answer to all of this is that I should just eat more meat.

Meat Puppet
04-24-2005, 04:35 PM
A barrel full of monkeys will spruce ya right up.

omnitarian
04-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Brief excercise will hike up your adrenaline levels and give you more energy. Additionally, apples have a chemical in them that drives away tiredness.

Okay, I sound like a health nut. But that's what works.

ffrinoa8
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
eat a BUNCH of sugar! then got out and annoy everyone!!!HAHAHA!!!!then you'll want to do it again so there you will never be bored!

.....i'm weird....... :rolleyes2
PS. shower thing's a good idea too!

Resha
04-24-2005, 04:55 PM
I wish there was. I need one! :(

Fourleafclover
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Apples... got it. Eat more apples.

Maybe more apple deserts? Like apple crisp and brown sugar apple muffins... Mmmmm.... or perhaps I'd be baking all the goodness right out of them?

Kai
04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
also, i think getting into some sort of a morning jog routine will help. The exercise will do you good as well. and the more you do it every morning, the easier it is i suppose. i dunno. ^_^
OR you could scrap the whole thing and be lazy :D

Camanche
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Apples are definately good, but try to avoid anything with too much sugar in it. You'll have a boost of energy for a little while, but as soon as the sugar is used up, you'll be more tired then you were before.

I also heard that green tea (the real stuff) is a natural, healthy pick me up. That is, if you drink it regularly. (Like once or twice a day, I suppose.)

Also, eat HEALTHY food. Very simple. Don't eat crap, and eat according to the Food Guide, or whatever, and avoid processed foods. Try to add a lot more 'Vegetarian' choices to your diet. I don't recommend going full vegetarian, but I've heard that many people who go on vegetarian diets get a HUGE health boost, feel better, have MUCh more energy, etc.

Yup, so basically eat healthy, avoid processed foods, and add more vegitarian foods to your diet, and exercise a bit more. Hope you stop feeling lazy. :p

Razo
04-24-2005, 05:18 PM
A barrel full of monkeys will spruce ya right up.lol that's funny

Anyway, a cold shower, turn the music up louder, drink plenty of water, open the blinds, eat an apple, get a regular sleeping routine (consisting of at least 6-8 hours of sleep), do more active things (join a sport club etc.. more excersice is probably the most significant change), eat healthy (fish once a week :blahblah: ), spend less time at home, stop procastinating (motivate yourself to do more). Ask yourself, "why do i wanna be more ernergetic" and ponder the following>>>

1. why am I lazy, and why don't i like it?
2. what do i want to achieve(goal)?
3. how am I going to achieve this (plan your goal)?
4. how is laziness getting in the way of these goals?

You may consider giving ureself some discipline, getting things done early etc.. and reward ureself when you complete a goal. Maybe have a friend push you into achieving this goal. and really, just do it, don't put it off any longer, push yourself to the max, and eventually it will become a habit to be awake and energetic.

you have to make sure that everything you do is something you stick to at a regular basis. Good luck mate. :spin:

omnitarian
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I eat my apples straight-up. The tartness will perk you up right away.

Fourleafclover
04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Haha - thanks everyone. I know alot of this is just common sense but sometimes I just need a good kick in the head.

Hmmm - and I do eat alot of junk.

CaptRory
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Who wants energy? You know the term "bright eyed and bushy tailed?" You know what that is? It's a squirrel on crack! And nobody wants to be a squirrel let alone one on crack.

Ok, enough with the funny stuff. Green tea is great for energy, but get the caffeinated kind not the decaf.

The shower idea is good. I take a really hot shower and switch it over to cold right before I get out. Wakes me up and keeps me from sweating after I shower as my body has an easier time cooling itself down.

Make sure your breakfast is high in protein. Eggs, meat, etc. are all good even if only as a side dish. Avoid sugary foods like certain cereals (Anything that sounds like "Sugar Coated Chocolate Coco Flakes with Sprinkles" is a bad idea.) Or pancakes and waffles with lots of syrup. When was the last time you ate a big plate of waffles covered with syrup and left the table energetic? I feel like going back to bed after that kind of breakfast.

Social Moon Firesky
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Drink a massive cup of tea with plenty of sugar and milk in it. That keeps me spruced for hours!

rubah
04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Shock prod.

Panic is an excellent motivator.

ffrinoa8
04-24-2005, 07:23 PM
yep! i agree with SMF! it does the same for me too!

FF freak
04-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Sure fire cure for laziness? Boot camp.

boris no no
04-24-2005, 08:25 PM
find something that inspires you.
and get off your bum for one

Caspian
04-24-2005, 08:32 PM
3 shot glasses full of Drano will end your laziness.

Jojee
04-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Drink a massive cup of tea with plenty of sugar and milk in it. That keeps me spruced for hours! People put milk in their tea? @_@ Sounds weird.

Anyway.... exercise buddy! ^_^ Someone who'll drag you along and make you do things. Exercise helps (supposedly!) and eating healthy (supposedly!) ... I don't do either, but I'm fine on energy, I think... :p

Skogs
04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Deadlines are the tried and tested laziness panacea.

Fourleafclover
04-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Yup.. this is all good stuff - all gold.

High protein breakfast. Got any more good suggestions for breakfasts? Don't want to eat eggs every morning... could eat alot more peanut butter, I suppose. Don't really have the budget to buy alot of bacon or sausage.... :(

Sooo.... eggs and peanut butter it is then?

-N-
04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Taser yourself every time you're lazy. Of course, it requires buying a taser, and using a taser, which can be quite demanding at times. But it's worth it. ;)

sephiroth JR
04-24-2005, 10:25 PM
the best cure for laziness is to get up andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...ZZZZZZZZZ....

Camanche
04-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Rice and lentils or some kind of bean that you like? I LOVE having rice with pieces of chicken, a can of '6 Assorted Beans' (forget the name brand) and a cup of lentils. Mix it all together, add a little pepper, and BAM! high protein and energy breakfast.

I'd recommend an apple and a glass of milk or green tea with that though. Just to round it off. Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day probably. *wags finger*

Shlup
04-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I lay on the floor and then roll around the house until I run into something sharp. That usually gets me up.

And I take pills that get me totally wired. Those are good.

gokufusionss1
04-24-2005, 11:32 PM
probably.........

OMG those witty one liners i am smurfiing unstopable.

Martyr
04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
If your dad beats you for not working hard enough even if you're working hard as hell, you'll learn to work harder than hell.

I'm not lazy now that I can do that. And I think it's because I have a very strong faith in that I can do anything through hard work.

Lots of depressed people are lazy because they feel like everything is so hopeless. Once it's in you that you're friggin' unstoppable, then you never think about being lazy since laziness, after all is nothing more than wasted time.

black orb
04-24-2005, 11:49 PM
>>> Someone that boss you arround, maybe..

Fourleafclover
04-25-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm thinking I need a drill sgt. to follow me around all the time. He could tell me "Get offa EoFF! Why aren't you working on something better!"

Yes, I need boot camp.

Edit: Yikes... that sounded bad. By saying "Why aren't you working on something better!" I wasn't knocking EoFF... What I meant to say is that I have other pans in the fire... other projects that won't get done while I'm on EoFF. Ahhh... recant...recant...

Camanche
04-25-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, I'm the highest rank in a youth military organization. I know how to get people 'motivated'... whether they like it or not. ;)

Halifax Housewife
04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I used to be exactly like you.

Try taking a protein supplement (whey, for that matter.) as it instantly boosts your energy when you have it. This is especially important to have right in the morning if you have problems waking up. Down a protein shake and you'll feel awake and energetic.

Sleep is a very important factor as well. Try to get the same amount of sleep every night (preferably 7-8 hours a night) as it will give you lots of energy as well.

At the same time, the major cure for laziness is you. You're the only one that can cure this even as much as vitamins or more sleep can help. Try exercising. Get a membership to the gym. Get out there and you won't be lazy anymore. Take it from me, it works. All it takes is a little dedication.

Ultima Shadow
04-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Is there a cure for laziness?
No.

disapointedchild
04-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Maybe, but the lazy people who need it are too lazy to find it.

Fourleafclover
04-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Is there a cure for laziness?
No.

Ain't that the truth.

My new diet: Protein shakes and tea!

Behold the Void
04-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Eh... I'll answer this later when I'm more motivated.

strawberryman
04-27-2005, 05:49 AM
In my case, no. :(
But I guess it's okay to be a lazy pirate.

suck my WANG
04-27-2005, 01:54 PM
no no no no no u cant cure lazy people sit back and enjoy the ride