PDA

View Full Version : HEAVEN AND HELL???

redxiiii
04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I`ve heard of theses two islands, closest to heaven and closest to hell, but i`ve never seen them were are they and how do i get there?? :confused:

Sphere
04-24-2005, 07:57 PM
See the following map:

http://www.kristasalter.com/gamesguru/ffviii/ffviii_world_map.jpg

Draw points:

http://www.kristasalter.com/gamesguru/ffviii/ffviii_drawpoints.jpg

rubah
04-24-2005, 08:20 PM
I have teh most trouble finding island closest to heaven. Hell is easy to find, just go straight from winhill, it's like the only island there.

But with island closest to heaven, there'sl ike twelve islands over there. I just always pick the one I don't expect to be itXD

Or, you could go to the top ledge of teh gradidi forest in esthar and go straight east.

BackRoomKid
04-24-2005, 08:49 PM
even at level 99 and summons fully developed...those monsters are so annoyingly hard sometimes...80% of the time i can win...but there's always the few that get on my nerves

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 01:23 AM
The key to this place is to have Quistis at critically low hp and the blue magic degenerator. She can kill any monster there in one hit with that spell. (It helps to have her equiped with initiative)

Masamune·1600
04-25-2005, 02:12 AM
The key to this place is to have Quistis at critically low hp and the blue magic degenerator. She can kill any monster there in one hit with that spell. (It helps to have her equiped with initiative)

Exactly. What's particularly notable about Degenerator is that it is remains fully effective regardless of Quistis' statistics or level. Since level is irrelevant, Degenerator allows one to level up rapidly. The significance of this can be seen here.

Degenerator, as suggested, is a common Island Closest to Hell strategy. Since every monster is at Level 100 regardless of the characters' levels, one can level up very quickly from a low level. Thus, by using the GF abilities that give bonuses to stats at level ups, one can add massive bonuses to the overall statistic. Degenerator is important because it always works on these monsters, destroying the target regardless of HP (obviously an issue when one starts at low levels). That is the generally accepted strategy for this method of stat-raising.

rubah
04-25-2005, 02:41 AM
Those monsters really aren't hard at level 99.

Not even the ruby dragon. not if you've levelled properly. just use doomtrain and smack him around with tripled demi or something.

Slade
04-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Anybody have any idea why theyre called islands closest to hell and heaven? I can sort of see the reason for hell: It points down and hell is believed to be underground...but the heaven dosnt point anywhere...if that was the case then i wonder why it dosnt point upwards towards heaven? any thoughts?

Hearts
04-25-2005, 05:48 AM
For me, finding the islands were pretty easy. Though I only took time to travel around towards the end of the game, even when I came up to a Malboro at times you can't be quick enough because if you have a high level character and the monster casts a spell on it, it makes you attack yourself/another player, killing it. I've always hated Malboro's for that, but then they're such a cool monster.

Anyway, good luck finding the islands. :love:

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Not even the ruby dragon. not if you've levelled properly. just use doomtrain and smack him around with tripled demi or something.

However, even at level 100, if you have too low a level of Vitality Ruby Dragon becomes the biggest pain in the ass ever. His "Breath" attack does 9999 damage to every character in a party with average vitality.

BackRoomKid
04-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Anybody have any idea why theyre called islands closest to hell and heaven? I can sort of see the reason for hell: It points down and hell is believed to be underground...but the heaven dosnt point anywhere...if that was the case then i wonder why it dosnt point upwards towards heaven? any thoughts?

good point about it pointing down...

i just figured this: typically, hell is on one side, heaven the other...

island closest to hell is one the VERY LEFT side...and Island Closest to Heaven is on the VERY RIGHT (right...righteousness, right hand of righteousness, common sagings)

the Right being the approved side...the Left being the cursed side
Both on opposite ends

that concludes my thoughts

sayen
04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
finaly a pst that says where the islands are yay all i got to do now is save the garden/get ragnarock depednig one wether the gearden can land on the islands and get diablos to lern no encounter

redxiiii
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
How`d dya get degenarator?

Masamune·1600
04-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Degenerator is one of Quistis' Blue Magic Limit Breaks; hence, just use the appropriate item on her. In the case of Degenerator, the item is a Black Hole, which can be obtained most easily by modifying a Gesper card.

rubah
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM

However, even at level 100, if you have too low a level of Vitality Ruby Dragon becomes the biggest pain in the ass ever. His "Breath" attack does 9999 damage to every character in a party with average vitality.

Like I said.

"Properly levelled"

although the last time I fought a ruby dragon, I doomtrained that sucker and he fell asleep like a baby.