PDA

View Full Version : Today, I noticed something...

Cloud775
04-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I noticed that Amarant and Eiko have almost the same last name. Amarant's last name is Coral and Eiko's last name is Carol. If you arrange them a bit, you'll notice that they'll have the same last name. Or rather, they have the same letters in their last name.

Yugo
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow... interesting. But that still doesn't tear away the fact that one is a really tall red head and the other is a really short... "purple head"! ;)

sephiroth JR
04-24-2005, 10:35 PM
were you by any chance feeling a bit bored today?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, sometimes people get confused and think they have the same surname. They don't, though, so that's that.

Destai
04-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Now I know Amarant is underdeveloped as a character but for petes sake.

Cloud775
04-25-2005, 01:59 AM
were you by any chance feeling a bit bored today?

Of course I was bored today. Sundays are always boring to me. Nothing ever exciting happens on a Sunday. Why are we to live with this curse of boredom?

Buccura
04-25-2005, 03:20 AM
I once heard from someone (Not the most reliable source at all so take it for what its worth) That in developing the story, they were concidering having Aramand and Eiko have some kind of relation but scrapped it.

But it could be just something made up so dont take it seriously.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Uh can't you find out Garnet's real name by having Amarant in the party? Considering the relation between Garnet and Eiko. I always assumed that meant he had some relation to them as well. Despite the last name coincidense, there's deffinitely something more. I just can't put my finger on it...

Squall of SeeD
04-25-2005, 03:46 AM
Uh can't you find out Garnet's real name by having Amarant in the party?

Not for the part that involves speaking with Lani, no. She'll run from him.

Considering the relation between Garnet and Eiko. I always assumed that meant he had some relation to them as well. Despite the last name coincidense, there's deffinitely something more. I just can't put my finger on it...

What relation? It's never suggested in the game that the two were related by blood, and there's certainly no indication offered that Salamander/Amarant was related to either of them.

Slade
04-25-2005, 04:39 AM
I also noticed the name similarity...and it wasnt even sunday! I always thought that Amarant might have some relation to Eiko by the way they acted towards one another....sort of similar to the way Shadow and Relm acted in FFVI. And considering the fact that alot of the things from IX were borrowed from older ffs then 'Eiko is related to Amarant' dosnt seem so far out.

BTW...this is about the third time ive heard someone call Amarant 'Salamander'. Why's that?

Raven Nox
04-25-2005, 06:02 AM
I noticed this a LONG time ago, and it always freaked me out...

and Slade I think Salamander is the translation of his japanese name, not sure though, I just started learning japanese

Masamuneˇ1600
04-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Salamander was the name in the Japanese game.

There is, as was noted earlier, nothing to indicate that Eiko and Amarant are in any way related. Eiko's parents and close relatives would have necessarily been summoners of Madain Sari, anyway, which obviously disqualifies Amarant.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 06:45 AM
What relation? It's never suggested in the game that the two were related by blood, and there's certainly no indication offered that Salamander/Amarant was related to either of them

I didn't mean blood relatives.

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh my god... Do you know what this means?!?!

........ Eiko and Amarant are Ultimecia!!!!!!11one! omfg!!1 E+A=U!!!!!

Slade
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM

I knew something was up :eek:

Squall of SeeD
04-25-2005, 04:26 PM
I also noticed the name similarity...and it wasnt even sunday! I always thought that Amarant might have some relation to Eiko by the way they acted towards one another....sort of similar to the way Shadow and Relm acted in FFVI. And considering the fact that alot of the things from IX were borrowed from older ffs then 'Eiko is related to Amarant' dosnt seem so far out.

Even with the game as a tribute to past Final Fantasies, however, evidence within this game would be required for there to be such a connection made.

Destai
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM

........ Eiko and Amarant are Ultimecia!!!!!!11one! omfg!!1 E+A=U!!!!! :<3:

Old Manus
04-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Isn't it obvious? During the adventure, Garnet slips off to Treno and meets up with Amarant, and they have sex. Garnet gives birth the next day to Eiko who suffers from accelerated growth and Garnet leaves her in the sea in disgust. Eiko manages to swim all the way to Madain Sari and gets brainwashed by moogles into thinking that she is the last survivor of Madain Sari and that she could summon, so the moogles gave her the worst summon they could think of, Fenrir. Then when Amarant met Eiko and Garnet in Madain Sari he went mad and left. Garnet tried to distance herself from Eiko because she did not want her to know the truth, and Amarant spent lots of time with Eiko, but could not bring himself to tell her what truly happened. Eiko then joins Cid and Hilda and tries to get them to be their parents. Meanwhile Amarant hooks up with his ex (Lani) and Garnet leaves Zidane for Amarant. Hilarity ensues.

Simple really.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Well... All I really meant was Garnet and Eiko were both of the same race (species?). And when I said relation I meant more... connection? I guess. Amarant seems to have something to do with them.

Squall of SeeD
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Well... All I really meant was Garnet and Eiko were both of the same race (species?). And when I said relation I meant more... connection? I guess. Amarant seems to have something to do with them.

How so? Just because of a surname that can be rearranged? o.O

Odaisé Gaelach
04-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :weep: :weep: :weep:

Vyk
04-25-2005, 10:10 PM
How so? Just because of a surname that can be rearranged? o.O

Take a party with Dagger or Amarant into Madain Sari

I got the impression that you could have him instead of Dagger meant something special. Considering you can get the same result using him instead of her. Plus the Shadow/Relm connection he has with Eiko. I'm NOT saying they're blood related. I just think there's something more. Though since it was mentioned that he was originally planned to BE a blood relative and later scrapped the idea. Maybe his connection with the whole thing is just homage to the original idea.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
There is no Shadow/Relm connection. There were a number of similarities in that case (the Momento Rings, Shadow's dreams and Relm's dream, finding one or the other in the Cave in the Veldt, etc.) that pointed directly to their link. That doesn't exist here.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 10:28 PM
You people keep looking so literally into what I'm saying lol...

I meant how she sorta acts like a little sister to him. But I give up ;P I've only played through the game once, most of what I've gathered was through reading about it. And even that wasn't all that much. I think there's something underlying. But that's just my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

Cloud775
04-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Didn't know that this would turn into a big topic. It would be interesting to see a scene where Eiko and Amarant having a talk and all this stuff. Maybe Eiko would learn more about her past and some other stuff. Or maybe Eiko and Amarant are related, but Amarant decided to rearrange his last name so that Eiko could never find out that they're related. *nods*

boris no no
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
if amarent was related whouldn't he have a hron??
why would he have left the village at such a young age (in case you were about to say that dagger couldn't remember her horn :p)
there is no relation between them.
yes they have simular surnames but that really means nothing....
eiko has a K in it, like Kuja....THEY'RE RELATED!!! :eek:

Vyk
04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
;P I didn't mean he was blood. I was just speculating. Do we even know what race he was? Eiko has a relation to Garnet, but that probably isn't blood either. They're the same race, but I don't recall it ever hinting that they were family. I expect the thing with Amarant to be even more distant than that. Maybe he worked closely with the Madain Sari, or even against them. I'm just saying I get the feeling he had something to do with her or her people.

Squall of SeeD
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I got the impression that you could have him instead of Dagger meant something special.

You mean for getting Lani to run away from you before going to check the Eidolon Wall? The reason you can't have Dagger is obviously so that everyone but her sees the message to her on the Wall, and the reason you can't have Amarant is more than likely because Lani's still scared of him due to him showing her up earlier in the game. When he told her to go and she refused, he asked her if she wanted to fight him and she ran away. She still seemed nervous around him during the ending, as well.

Honestly, I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Darth Cid
04-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Isn't it obvious? During the adventure, Garnet slips off to Treno and meets up with Amarant, and they have sex. Garnet gives birth the next day to Eiko who suffers from accelerated growth and Garnet leaves her in the sea in disgust. Eiko manages to swim all the way to Madain Sari and gets brainwashed by moogles into thinking that she is the last survivor of Madain Sari and that she could summon, so the moogles gave her the worst summon they could think of, Fenrir. Then when Amarant met Eiko and Garnet in Madain Sari he went mad and left. Garnet tried to distance herself from Eiko because she did not want her to know the truth, and Amarant spent lots of time with Eiko, but could not bring himself to tell her what truly happened. Eiko then joins Cid and Hilda and tries to get them to be their parents. Meanwhile Amarant hooks up with his ex (Lani) and Garnet leaves Zidane for Amarant. Hilarity ensues.

Simple really.

Both: Huh?!

Zidane: Anyway, Eiko and Armrant's last name's are just coincedental.

Chris
04-27-2005, 09:33 PM
This is hilarious and I agree with Kawaii!