PDA

View Full Version : The EoFF pope.

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
In honor of Pope Benedict XVI, I say that EoFF should elect it's very own pope.

Whether or not the pope will have any real power on these boards is up to the mods. Also, we could consider selecting a time limit until the Pope kicks the bucket, and we can then elect a new pope. Maybe the privelage of being the pope could be the elected persons very own second account, with his or her individual pope name. Should the Pope die, the second account could be banned and a new pope would be elected.

Feel free to throw in ideas of your own.

Ko Ko
04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Is this a CHRISTIAN Pope?!

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
It's an EoFF pope. Maybe he's head of the EoFF Church.

Ko Ko
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
What do we worship? Shlup's Ass?

Meat Puppet
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
And would we get revoltists?

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 10:11 AM
I will step foward and put myself in the running. I say we just let the pope bless people with extroadinary talents (for example the winners of the writers comp or hottest member)

Peace out and :rock:
EE

boris no no
04-25-2005, 10:12 AM
oh god.....just imagine psy being pope...al powerful...
*shudders*
that would be scary!

Meat Puppet
04-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Would the pope be able to launch nukes? Like how hackers can apparently launch nukes from their ps2?

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
thanks boris, i'd just gotten over the bogey man nightmares!

i have the official sig..... but i cant host pics and it's too large to attatch :(

EE

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Just a thought - The pope (and all popes thereafter) could form the official EoFF religion. They could also persecute people and burn others at the stake.

Ism
04-25-2005, 10:51 AM
I would enjoy being the Pope's adviser.

I reckon this is a gr8 idea.

We need to hold a vote of cardinals (mabye the mods??)

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 10:54 AM
And when the pope is finally chosen, we can have a thread dedicated to spam cheering him on.

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
and someone could be the assasin called in to kill the pope after a certain time...just a touch :P

EE

Skogs
04-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I will step foward and put myself in the running. I say we just let the pope bless people with extroadinary talents (for example the winners of the writers comp or hottest member)

Nah anyone with ambition to be a pope is not qualified.

Which makes Dr Unne the obvious choice.

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
lol, well if the cardinals aren't the mods i'll apply for them :P

EE

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Which makes Dr Unne the obvious choice.

I fear for us all...

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:35 AM
someone should give a mod a buzz about this, see if we can get approval. or they could hurry up and post.

EE

nik0tine
04-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I'll check to see if any are on right now. If not, I'll do it tommorow after school.

Edit: And none are online at the moment...

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:39 AM
i will be on for a few more hours, i can buzz one if they come on....unless you want to do it.

EE

theundeadhero
04-25-2005, 11:43 AM
theundeadhero for Pope! It has a funny sound to it but I would run.

and someone could be the assasin called in to kill the pope after a certain time...just a touch :P
The EOFF Sniper could take them out when their time has come. :)

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
The EOFF Sniper could take them out when their time has come.

if that's going to be a job i'm it!!!!

EE

theundeadhero
04-25-2005, 11:50 AM
The EOFF sniper has been around for years. He's lying low until people forget about him and he can kill anew... (I was so tempted to put "he's lying low until... *get's sniped*")

Will edit if PM'd by staff *hint hint*

Pheesh
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
well i'm only 14 so i've got years of feeling left out and needing internet friends so i'll be around for ages :D

EE

Halifax Housewife
04-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I will be the head Chef for this EoFF Pope you speak about.

Triple T
04-25-2005, 01:12 PM
oh god.....just imagine psy being pope...al powerful...
*shudders*
that would be scary!

<3 ^__^

I don't like the idea, but that's just me... :O

Dreddz
04-25-2005, 02:24 PM
wouldnt pope mean more work????
if so im out

Lindy
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Religion has no place on internet message boards, just like individual opinions have no place in organised religion.

Ko Ko
04-25-2005, 02:27 PM
*Sighs*
And you thought there would be peace on earth, Jesus. YOU LIED.

Dignified Pauper
04-25-2005, 02:46 PM
I'll run for Pope.

I'm so pious, I won't need to even campaign. Everyone knows that I devote my life to the EoFF God. Who else can say they quietly worship her in solitude every night?

Resha
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I second Carrots for the post of Pope. HE BURNS HECTICS...or maybe he just can't say heretics. SAME DIFFERENCE. :<3:

Meat Puppet
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
If I were Pope, I'd wear my hat backwards. :spin:

Psychotic
04-25-2005, 08:15 PM
I'd be the best pope there is. The pope has to go around pouring acid over non-believers and dropping concrete blocks on them and stuff, I read it in the bible! Well...I read that Jesus liked fish or something, and that's pretty much the same principle.

An EoFF religion is a religion of spam! Who better than I, current Best Spammer according to the Ciddies (Cheesy grin goes right about...HERE :D) to lead the spammy revolution?

omnitarian
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
This is a disturbing and disgusting concept.

... I love it! :thumb:

Perducci
04-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I'd be the best pope there is. The pope has to go around pouring acid over non-believers and dropping concrete blocks on them and stuff, I read it in the bible! Well...I read that Jesus liked fish or something, and that's pretty much the same principle.

I vote for this guy.

Odaisé Gaelach
04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
This is a disturbing and disgusting concept.

... I love it! :thumb:

Only here on the EoFF boards could we have something like this.

If I were elected Pope, I would make the name Ultimecia a banned name. I would have a bard to play sweet music to me, so as I can break his harp and call him spoony. I would also force all the moderators to be part of my private army of Switzers so we can hunt out the sniper and generally rule the boards in a dictatorship leaving everyone in a perpetual state of fear and kneeling trembling before me.

So have I got the job? :D

Maxico
04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I stand for the guy who is pope after psychotic enevitably becomes pope. I beleive that organised religon would benifit from following the examples laid out by organised crime.

LET THE WHACKING COMMENCE
and if it dont I gots ta ice you.

EDIT: and I think the pope should change every month.

Harvest Moon
04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I should be pope, i'm a fucking saint.

I'd kill to be pope.
Well okay I'd do that anyway but this would involve bloody upside down pentegrams and goat heads. :radred:

FightClubFan#47
04-26-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm alright as long as the pope and the EoFF religion loves moombas.

Therefore, I vote against Psy because he ate one at a BBQ ON PURPOSE>

strawberryman
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
What could be cooler than a PIRATE POPE?

I shall try too. :)

Rase
04-26-2005, 01:02 AM
If I'm Pope, I'll do absolutely zilch, which is how you'll know I'm important.

TasteyPies
04-26-2005, 01:03 AM
A pope eh? I vote for THIS GUY (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=12027)

Shlup
04-26-2005, 02:35 AM
May as well work with the already massive following. Of my massive ass.

I nominate Yams for Pope. He's always been the most devout follower of my ass.

Dixie
04-26-2005, 02:44 AM
This is going to sound really stupid...

Can girls be elected to be pope?

If so...

(I'll run)

TasteyPies
04-26-2005, 02:45 AM
This is going to sound really stupid...

Can girls be elected to be pope?

If so...

(I'll run)

Women in a possition of authority? OUTLANDISH! But I like your style :D

Dixie
04-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Style is good?

Shlup
04-26-2005, 03:35 AM
A girl being elected to a position of power... You're so cute, Dixie. xD

eestlinc
04-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I'm voting for this guy:

http://www.hammersuit.com/jb/images/dsc00439.jpg

Raven Nox
04-26-2005, 03:41 AM
I vote for Psy or Stawberryman as they would be fun to watch be a pope... this forum would be chaos in seconds!

SilverWind
04-26-2005, 03:45 AM
What could be cooler than a PIRATE POPE?

I shall try too. :)

W! I couldn't agree more!

I think I'd be cool to be Mr. EOFF Pope-man. I'm in! :D

Raven Nox
04-26-2005, 03:45 AM
I don't see you as pope SilverWind... nope can't see it...

Raistlin
04-26-2005, 03:48 AM
May as well work with the already massive following. Of my massive ass.

I nominate Yams for Pope. He's always been the most devout follower of my ass.
I follow your ass very devoutly. :love:

SilverWind
04-26-2005, 03:50 AM
I thiunk I'd make a great Mr. EOFF Pirate Pope-Man...

Raven Nox
04-26-2005, 03:51 AM
I would follow it also... it's a lovely ass... n.n You know, I really don't care who the EoFF pope is anymore.... XD

Shlup
04-26-2005, 03:52 AM
Not according to your sig, heathen.

Raistlin
04-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Not according to your sig, heathen.
RSL is a superior leader to your ass, but your ass is more snuggly. <3

Behold the Void
04-26-2005, 03:55 AM
If the religion worships Shlup's ass, that's fine. But I will not join if it worships Bley's crotch *shudder*

Carnage
04-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Wouldnt cid be the pope, The admins the cardinals, And the knights bishops.

This hasto be one of the most ridiculous idea's iv ever seen........

I nominate myself the new EoFF pope

eestlinc
04-26-2005, 04:00 AM
well, Kishi is certainly the earthly incarnation of FF God.

Shlup
04-26-2005, 04:04 AM
RSL is a superior leader to your ass, but your ass is more snuggly. <3
You make a good point. Though I must say that, given complete controll of EoFF, my ass would make this land a paradise. If only it hadn't been banned before it's glory moment...

eest wins though. We will worship Kishi, and the new Pope's hat will have rubber tentacles adorning it.

Quina
04-26-2005, 04:58 AM
I will run only because I like the big hats. I promise to unite all the forums of the internet, and when I die I want my casket to go on tour around the world.

Meat Puppet
04-26-2005, 07:07 AM
I think I might actually have to go with eest on this one,.

Pheesh
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
i'm still the sniper!!!

EE

theundeadhero
04-26-2005, 03:30 PM
THEUNDEADHERO FOR POPE! That was weird seeing my name capitalized.

I'm good at burning people. I burn HECTICS all the time!

I can deny the existence of things and pretend people are crazy for believing it. In fact, FFVII never even existed! It was all a scam by some corporate fans. *Denies all proof of FFVII*

Shlup's ass would most certainly be Sacred Ground, but silly people you can't see it! It can only be seen if you know the Latin secret word thats only given out to Oldbies.

Vote a real pirate for a real Pirate job!

Psy is right you know, we should drop cement blocks on peoples heads.

We all know I'm good at getting shot at. When my time comes I'll get shot like the best of 'em.

Ko Ko
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
YAY! *Dances* theundead_carrot for pope!

theundeadhero
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
I wanna wear a funny hat too :(

Maxico
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
I wanna wear a funny hat too

Well
http://www.feline5star.com.au/images/funny_hat.jpg
was what came up on google image search so I am inclined to beleive that is what you were refering too.

I vote for this cat.

Psychotic
04-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Psy is right you know, we should drop cement blocks on peoples heads.Did you hear that? I'm right! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF HARD WORK, IT FINALLY PAID OFF! I AM RIGHT!

Dragon Ash
04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I wanna wear a funny hat too :(
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/skyedream/undeadpope.jpg

theundeadhero
04-26-2005, 05:14 PM
If I get to be pope that is sooo gonna be my avatar!

Dragon Ash
04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
If I get to be pope that is sooo gonna be my avatar!
Thought you might like it!

Dixie
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't know who should be pope...I don't know who will be voted pope...I don't even know who's running...

Dragon Ash
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't know who should be pope...I don't know who will be voted pope...I don't even know who's running...
I vote for Pope theundeadhero I. That hat is just too damn sexy!

...What? I'm a cardinal... Well I could be... Leave me alone. *sulks* :mad:

DMKA
04-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Shlup is an ass?

withered
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
SEPHIROTH FOR POPE OMG

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Well since this happened in most religions... *seperates from the EoFF Church to form a revolt religon*

:love: The EoFF Church has been corrupted by the reality :love:

theundeadhero
04-27-2005, 06:41 AM
*Corrupts*

nik0tine
04-27-2005, 07:34 AM
The church doesn't evem exist yet and we are already revolting? Jeez..

KuRt
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
EMPEROR FOR POPE! Oh, wait... He IS the Pope!

http://www.francesco.biz/papa.jpg

Ko Ko
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
OMG. It's the same person~!!

RSL
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
omg the emperor is the pope? This cannot be....

Okay Raistlin, you could probably get rid of that sig now, it was voted no!

theundeadhero
04-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Let's get organized.

Staff:

1. Can a person be voted EOFF Pope?

2. If so, will it be a second account. I'm in favor of that. Every Pope should use the same second account. With each new Pope the name changes from EOFF Pope I, EOFF Pope II, etc. The avatar can be changed between Popes. The password will always be the same. It will be decided by EOFF Pope I and then the secret word will be passed down from Pope to Pope. Staff will know the password.

3. Popes will be assassinated before a new Pope is selected. Staff only decides when to assassinate the Pope, possibly by the EOFF Sniper.

4. The Pope is elected by the general public. When it's time, everyone running for pope will propose their plan and then a voting thread will be made.

:love:

Resha
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
That avatar...IS HOT! :<3: RIGHT! I SAY CARROTS FOR POPE. Oh holy carrots...then the whole world would eat nothing but carrots! People would give each other carrots on Valentine's Day! People would be...CARROTY.

:<3:

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, I revolt against it, cuz it is corrupted by the real world! EoFF Religion should be free from reality! *starts protesting*

nik0tine
04-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Let's get organized.

Staff:

1. Can a person be voted EOFF Pope?

2. If so, will it be a second account. I'm in favor of that. Every Pope should use the same second account. With each new Pope the name changes from EOFF Pope I, EOFF Pope II, etc. The avatar can be changed between Popes. The password will always be the same. It will be decided by EOFF Pope I and then the secret word will be passed down from Pope to Pope. Staff will know the password.

3. Popes will be assassinated before a new Pope is selected. Staff only decides when to assassinate the Pope, possibly by the EOFF Sniper.

4. The Pope is elected by the general public. When it's time, everyone running for pope will propose their plan and then a voting thread will be made.

The only thing I disagree with here is that I, personally, feel that each pope should get thier own second account, as opposed to having one. That way, all of the Popes user profiles can be accessed even when thier papacy is over.

I pm'ed BoB a while ago but he has not sent me a response back. If he doesn't send me one soon I will pm a different admin.

Del Murder
04-28-2005, 05:05 AM
You can vote for a pope if you want, I don't think you need permission for that. I don't think there needs to be a second account. Second accounts are only used for keeping track of the major awards, and I'm not sure what this pope account would be doing outside of posting, something you really only need one account to do.

Agent Proto
04-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't know about it. I don't really like the idea of electing a "Pope" for EoFF. Certainly, it's an interesting idea, but what if the member gets tired of using the Pope screen name?

Quina
04-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I think George Carlin would make a good pope.

-N-
04-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I don't know about it. I don't really like the idea of electing a "Pope" for EoFF. Certainly, it's an interesting idea, but what if the member gets tired of using the Pope screen name?
I was under the impression it would be a title.

Pheesh
04-28-2005, 11:46 AM
i title would be an ok idea. i still think that a second account would be best though. but if the admin don't like the idea then i guess something else would have to be arranged.

Also, anyone have any objections to me being the assasin (eoff sniper)

EE

Loony BoB
04-28-2005, 12:30 PM
It won't be anything official. No special title or usergroup, no second account, etc. Sorry.

theundeadhero
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
At least is was voted on in staff. I was hoping that the delay in a response meant that.

Yes, I revolt against it, cuz it is corrupted by the real world! EoFF Religion should be free from reality! *starts protesting*Actually, an EOFF pope would be entirely free of religous affiliations so as not to affend anyone.

The only thing I disagree with here is that I, personally, feel that each pope should get thier own second account, as opposed to having one. That way, all of the Popes user profiles can be accessed even when thier papacy is over.Asking for one allowed second account wa hoping for a lot. ( You can see it got denied ) Multiple people with second accounts stood no chance as far as I could tell.

I don't think there needs to be a second account. Second accounts are only used for keeping track of the major awards, and I'm not sure what this pope account would be doing outside of posting, something you really only need one account to do.The Popes official job would be of course to congratulate members who win in contests in a silly way of formal recognition. Other than that, a second account would be useful simply because even though it has no real power such as the staff does, it could be considered an official position. True all it could do is post, but thats all the other second accounts do too. They do it in an official position as the one who runs the elections or Ciddies or so forth. It most certainly will have nothing to do with any "real world" religous aspects, but instead lead the community here at EOFF.

it's an interesting idea, but what if the member gets tired of using the Pope screen name?
Another reason for a second account. They can post as their regular self with their regular account and use the Pope as the "Official spokesperson". If they get tired of being the Pope then it would only take a PM to staff to get sniped early. Staff only steps in to make the decision to snipe when they feel a new Pope is needed.

It won't be anything official. No special title or usergroup, no second account, etc. Sorry.If the case I proposed doesn't change your minds then please just say no again.

Loony BoB
04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
It wasn't voted on in Staff (that would be an even longer delay) because we generally don't get involved in these kind of things. You'll also note staff has nothing to do with the Ciddies, the EoFF Elections, etc... we only get involved when it's something to do with rules. Also, we've discussed giving "official non-staff positions" recently (within the last two months or so) and the idea was rejected. Also, I personally can't see any real point in this, as you said "they can only post, that's all second accounts do" - that is exactly why 90% of second accounts get banned. Only AG & EB are excluded due to the massive amount of PMs they receive for their respective events. The only other second accouts that are authorised are used by admins to test usergroups - I think only clout and I have one each as far as I know.

theundeadhero
04-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Okay.

It was worth a try. It felt nice posting with intelligence too.

faster skating penguin
04-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I would win. My wholesome username would get me the conservative vote, while my avater (being a robot, shows I suppost progressive advancments) would get me the liberal vote.

-N-
04-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Damn, now I need another reason to say "Pope" a bunch of times.

eternal essence, you are not the EoFF sniper. Please. >_<

nik0tine
04-29-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't the that he realizes that there already is and EoFF sniper. It was before his (and my) time here. At least, I think that's the case.

Christmas
04-13-2022, 10:11 AM
I wanna be the Pope and wave at people from the fancy window. :bigsmile:

I will also fling poo at people.

theundeadhero
04-13-2022, 01:00 PM
But I haven't been shot dead yet and the position is for life.

Christmas
04-13-2022, 02:15 PM
You forced me to read the whole damn thread including those freaking long posts. There were no clear indication that you are pope! :mad:

So I can be pope!

theundeadhero
04-13-2022, 08:58 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/61538-The-EoFF-Pope-Nominations?highlight=pope

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/64601-BREAK-THE-TIE!!!-VOTE-NOW-OR-GET-BANNED!!!!

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/67630-EOFF-Pope-Inauguration-speech?highlight=pope

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/69322-EOFF-Pope

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/70143-EOFF-Pope-Revelations

Things got a little HECTIC. That time is one of my all time favorite memories of EOFF, and everyone involved seemed to be having so much fun. And while it may look like Flying Mullet took over the papacy, he never came through with his plans to succeed me.

Christmas
04-14-2022, 03:23 AM
Seriously!? You are really the Pope. Holy crap, where were you when we needed guidance, you unholy one?? :(

theundeadhero
04-14-2022, 06:51 AM
I’ve been here, the whole time, waiting for people to return home.

Christmas
04-14-2022, 08:03 AM
There is no more home in this wasteland! Only despair while you sit on your big fat throne (and most likely peeking out from your fancy window like some creep) doing nothing! :mad2:

I call for a vote of no confidence! :mad2:

The EoFF Sniper
04-14-2022, 06:31 PM
But I haven't been shot dead yet and the position is for life.eeqGuaAl6Ic

Quindiana Jones
04-14-2022, 09:45 PM

Christmas
04-14-2022, 10:41 PM
But I haven't been shot dead yet and the position is for life.eeqGuaAl6Ic

Holy hell, you really exist! I thought you were just a myth!

theundeadhero
04-15-2022, 02:02 PM
Bring it