PDA

View Full Version : My wireless keyboard has a mind of it's own!

Rye
04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
God it was hard to just type that. For some reason, this keyboard is going nuts when I try to type letters. It reverses letter order and stuff (no, it's not me typoing) like when I type "does" sometimes it'll go "de os" and it's really annoying. I hoped it was just the batteries, so I changed them, and the same thing is happening. It also seems like my keyboard is a little slow. :/

Do you know what's happening and any advice? My Dad probably ruined the keys, or my brother, as the keys were PERFECTLY fine until I got on, after they both used the keyboard for a little. They both are incredibly stupid.

This is a new keyboard, btw. I just got it around december.

EDIT: It seems to be working better now, but I still want this thread to remain just in case it happens again. Is it normal for keyboards to act crappy occasionally?

crono_logical
04-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Could be interference if it's not batteries :p

I hate wireless peripherals :p

Rye
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
That could be it, since it's working perfect now. Aside from the fact that I have to go crazy with changing the batteries every 2 weeks (for the mouse, at least), they wireless mouse and keyboard are pretty good.

Flying Mullet
04-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, see what frequency it is running on. Sometimes wireless components run on 2.4 Ghz, and as most wireless components run on that today, from cordless phones to routers, it can really screw up the computer and keyboard trying to communicate to each other.

Rye
04-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Aaah, it was doing it again, and right after my brother and Dad used it again. :/ It's not doing right now, but after it did that, Mozilla crashed. I hope those two aren't screwing anything up. It's likely though, as they're incredibly stupid.