PDA

View Full Version : How bloody pathetic.

Croyles
04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I really think they shouldnt have given Cloud his buster sword even if it is his trademark sword. It just looks to big and chunky on him and does not suit him at all. He is skinny yet muscular and thefore he should have a reasonably thin sword. The part which divides the blade from the hilt (forgot what they are called) already looks like a gigantic sledgehammer and is completely exaggerated. Oh well. Your thoughts?

Destai
04-25-2005, 06:55 PM
nO. Its the FFVII movie and I want a bloody buster sword. Ridixulously oversized swords are cool. I used them in my art exam. A big chunky black one held/swung by one of the KH organization members. Terribly corny but it still kicked ass if you ask me.

Optium
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Well, as you said, it's his trademark sword. I think it looks pretty cool.

.opt

sephiroth JR
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
without that huge sword he wouldnt last a second against sephiroths masamune,which i am now the proud owner of :chop:

Laguna
04-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Buster Sword works fine for me ^^ If you're really bothered about why he shouldnt be able to use it try thinking of why materia should also exist etc. Suspend your disbelief, thats what all films are about.

Croyles
04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
i do suspend my disbelief, just not enough to not get bothered by that buster sword. yes yes why doesnt materia exist but im just saying that buster sword really stuck out for me.

Vyk
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Well they did make a real Buster sword that weighed only 7 pounds. And that's with real metals. Granted it was mostly aluminum. But I would imagine they have other metals available in a fantasy world like that. So really it's no big deal to me. If it were made out of steel or iron, for sure. But as it stands I've no problem believing it. Especially if they attach some materia to it. I'd imagine along with whatever magical properties it'd embue, it would probably make weapons insanely easy to weild no matter what they are.

amratis
04-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I have to admit, the first time I watched the trailers with the sword in, I did kinda think wtf. As it does look abit weird because its just so huge. But overall I'm glad its there, its his trademark and I think there would be even more complaints if it *wasnt* there.

Squall of SeeD
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Considering the experimentation that Cloud's body has undergone, I see no reason to find it to be unbelievable. Suspension of disbelief shouldn't be a requirement when the story has already accounted for an irregularity.

Sphere
04-25-2005, 08:01 PM
The sword is associated with his character. He has a unique weapon, be it slighly unorthodox, but still neccessary, if they wish to create the movie accurately. I personally view as an awesome weapon. It's fantasy, it doesn't have to be realistic.

Croyles
04-25-2005, 08:06 PM
i like fantasy, but in some areas i need a certain degree of realism. But mostly i dont like it just because it looks unstylish

JaytodaP
04-25-2005, 08:14 PM
You could buy that sword on-line(I forgot the sight) and it weighs over 25 pounds. You can buy Seph's Masamune and that thing is NINE FEET TALL and weighs 17 pounds(completely unweildable)

sephiroth JR
04-25-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&ITEM=WM-5000
is this the site?

Vyk
04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Swords-Online had(/has?) a version too.

JaytodaP
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah thats where i saw it

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 12:49 AM
I want to master the Zanbato . . . gigundo sword like the buster yet double-edged and much heavier and more awkward.

Does anyone know how to upload pics onto the internet? I have pics of some swords from 7 I made using "Paint" [application] I'd like some feedback on, but I don't know how to show them.

BG-57
04-27-2005, 02:16 AM
I guess his best swords like Apocalypse and Ultima Weapon are in the shop. Too bad, I would have liked to see them rendered.

Mercen-X, Can't you just attach the file to a new post in the Arts and Writing forum?

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2005, 05:47 AM
Generally a blade that large shouldn't be wieldable, but again, it's fantasy so I just don't object.

strawberryman
04-27-2005, 06:39 AM
http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&ITEM=WM-5000
is this the site?
I want to buy that, merely for the sake of having a ginormous sword to mount upon my wall.
*checks pockets* But alas, I do not have enough money for it. :cry:

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Actually, looking at it, Cloud's Buster Sword is probably more practical than Sephiroth's Masamune. The Buster Sword might be large and heavy, but it's small enough to still at least maintain some balance while wielding. Sephiroth's sword is so long it must be a beast to use without tipping over.

strawberryman
04-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Actually, looking at it, Cloud's Buster Sword is probably more practical than Sephiroth's Masamune. The Buster Sword might be large and heavy, but it's small enough to still at least maintain some balance while wielding. Sephiroth's sword is so long it must be a beast to use without tipping over.
Yeah, but think how big a pain it would be to mount it.

Rase
04-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Today's Low Price: 285.00 USD

That'd be an expensive wall ornament, in my opinion. And you couldn't even use it to pretend your classy, like with paintings.

strawberryman
04-27-2005, 06:58 AM
That'd be an expensive wall ornament, in my opinion. And you couldn't even use it to pretend your classy, like with paintings.
Well, if you make it a wall ornament you can cut off limbs whenever somebody says anything about it.
One more reason to save up. :)

CloudStrife48
04-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Sephiroth's sword is so long it must be a beast to use without tipping over.

This is why the game says Sephiroth is the only person who can wield the masamune due to his incredible strength.

Croyles
04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
this is a little bit off topic now but i think its ok to move on.

I noticed how in the AC trailers, clouds buster sword has two materia slots, which i believe is the amount of slots you get for the sword in the game. So do we take this as granted that Materia WILL be involved in the film? There are also numerous occasions where the three SHM cast some sort of spells while cloud comes skidding in with his motorbike. It would be cool if Materia was involved.

It would also be cool if we could see like Cloud or someone equip things like a ribbon (maybe this would make him immune to Geostigma?). My point is, they should include a lot of FF7 traits that would work well, but leave others out (*cough* Caith Sith *cough*) instead of just leaving everything out or chucking everything in for what they think is for the audience.

Laguna
04-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I dont think they will include materia or accessories etc. They make for a good game, not a good movie.

Croyles
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
most likely, but what about those two slots? Maybe they just didnt "exclude" it from the original buster sword for other reasons, but maybe they deliberately left it in there. Besides, Square-Enix sayd they are being careful, even with all the interviews and trailers, not too reveal too much about the movie.

JaytodaP
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
The blade on the sword is TOO wide to sharpen it so it just looks like a sword. You wouldnt be able to cut with that thing when you think about it. Its more of a warhammer. If you swing it very hard at someones ribs you could break them.

Greiver205
04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
I dont think they will include accesories but im pretty sure that they will mention materia in the movie...it played a big role in FF7 so i dont think they would leave it out...and i think Clouds little self carrying that big sword looks awesome, very unreallistic...i think unrealistic is cool to a certain point...

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Mercen-X, Can't you just attach the file to a new post in the Arts and Writing forum?
Don't know how to do that either.

http//www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&ITEM=WM-5000 (http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=SHI001&SORT=&FDX=&FMAX=)
is this the site?
It needs those flame-looking lion-like things from the movie pics.

Rase
04-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Don't know how to do that either.

Okay, when you post a new thread/reply, look in the additional options box, right below the first "Submit" button. Click "Manage Attachments", than, in the window that opens, click one of the "Browse" buttons and go to the place the file is in your computer. Click it, than hit "Upload". When it's done uploading, just close the window and submit your post.

Note: There are some size limits you should check, just to be safe. They're in the window that opens when you press "Manage Attachments". :)