PDA

View Full Version : Mesmerizing Heavy Metal

theundeadhero
04-25-2005, 06:22 PM
I really like heavy metal when it's played slow, mellow, and haunting sounding. Great examples of this would be Type-O-Negative's World Coming Down CD or some songs on Acid Bath's Pagan Terrorism Tactics such as Venus Blue or Bleed Me an Ocean. Any other CD's like that I could check out. I need advice who to look for.

muchacho
04-26-2005, 01:19 AM
http://www.barbrastreisand.com/ <<< go here for a good metal band

TasteyPies
04-26-2005, 01:29 AM
I love it when you slow down speed metal.

o_O
04-26-2005, 02:05 AM
I love any metal that incorporates a symphonic sound. That's why I like a lot of black metal, bands like Dark Throne.
Also, speed/power metal like Blind Guardian is awesome, for the same reason.
And I love straight power metal, like Hammerfall. A lot of which is quite mellow.
I love Type O Negative too, the song Everything Dies was brilliantly done, with the piano.

Another really mellow band is Agalloch. I've never met anyone else who's actually heard of them, but they're like an acoustic version of Opeth; acoustic doom metal. It's great. :p

Meat Puppet
04-26-2005, 02:09 AM
If you play it backwards, it plays jesuses prayer or something like that.

jrgen
04-26-2005, 03:55 PM
they're like an acoustic version of Opeth;
Opeth are already pretty acoustic. Did you hear Deliverance?
I will look up this band though.
I love acoustic music together with Extreme Metal.
That's why Dornenreich is my favourite Black Metal band.

Pure Strife
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Dream Theater?

"Satyricon"
04-26-2005, 11:06 PM
norway have one of the best black metal bands ever. ppl who even never have heard of norway know about dimmu borgir,satyricon or behemot. myabe some of u have heard of a death/punk band called turbonegro? ( not a racist band)

hammerfall is a great sweedish band...i think its one of the best power metal bands there is...dragonforce and sonata artica are both great power metal bands too. i listen most to metal,trash metal and hard rock though..bands like ac/dc,van halen,metallica,pantera,soulfly,sepultura....i like all the rock genres except for nu-metal..soad is the only band i listen to that is close to nu-metal. i even listen to bryan adams sometimes:P